DocSend is the only sales content management and tracking solution that helps teams find, share, track, and present the documents that close deals.
DocSend for SalesLoft gives sellers the ability to see when, where, and how individual prospects interact with the sales content they share in email threads.
In this article, you will learn how to set up Campaign Links and use the DocSend for SalesLoft integration, including:
- Getting Started with DocSend Campaign Links
- Accessing the Integration
- Creating a Campaign Link
- Configuring Campaign Link Settings
- Using the Campaign Link You've Created
DocSend Campaign Links are available only on DocSend Enterprise paid accounts. For more information, sign-up, or upgrade, contact email@example.com.
To get started with Campaign Links for SalesLoft, you’ll need to install the DocSend Chrome extension. Once you’ve installed it, continue with the steps below to start using the DocSend integration for SalesLoft.
Open the DocSend Chrome extension while in SalesLoft.
When in SalesLoft using the DocSend extension, you’ll only be able to create Campaign Links. If you want to create a regular DocSend link, just navigate away from the SalesLoft site and open the DocSend extension.
Begin by selecting a Document from the drop-down box on the right. In order for a Campaign Link to function properly, you’ll need to select a Team Document.
Once you create a link and copy it, you’ll need to enter field information for the campaign links to function properly. The required fields are as follows:
- Campaign name: Refers to the name you gave this particular campaign. Any link produced from this master Campaign Link that does not have an account associated with it will by default also have this name.
- Track forwarding: This information will allow you to collect email addresses from any unidentified visitors to your Campaign Link. Track forwarding functionality with Campaign Links works a lot like DocSend’s regular mail merge links: Everyone coming in through the original link with the merge parameters applied will be identified as the recipient. If someone visits the link without the merge parameters (if, say, the original recipient copies and pastes the link into a browser bar after visiting it), they’ll be asked for their email address.
- Allow downloading: Refers to whether or not you permit downloading of the content you share via a Campaign Link.
- Passcode: This refers to whether or not you’d like to require a passcode to view the content you’ve shared with a Campaign Link.
When you establish the settings on your Campaign Link in the aforementioned form, the link will automatically be copied to your clipboard.
When you’re ready to use it in an email campaign, insert the link into a SalesLoft template.
Things to Note: Use the Insert link option instead of pasting the link into the body of the email, since SalesLoft doesn’t encode links that aren’t explicitly inserted as such.
Once you use the Campaign Link, you’ll be able to track engagement via the DocSend dashboard. If you copy a Campaign Link created by another user, your link will be treated as a “Spawn Link.”