How to Use DocSend Campaign Links with SalesLoft
To get started with Campaign Links for SalesLoft, you’ll need to install the DocSend Chrome extension. Once you’ve installed it, continue with the steps below to start using the DocSend integration for SalesLoft.
Accessing the Integration
1. Open the DocSend Chrome extension while in SalesLoft.
Creating a Campaign Link
2. When in SalesLoft using the DocSend extension, you’ll only be able to create Campaign Links. If you want to create a regular DocSend link, just navigate away from the SalesLoft site and open the DocSend extension.
3. Begin by selecting a Document from the dropdown box on the right. In order for a Campaign Link to function properly, you’ll need to select a Team Document.
Configuring Campaign Link Settings
4. Once you create a link and copy it, you’ll need to complete a few short fields with some information for it to function properly. The required fields are as follows:
Campaign name - This refers to the name you give this particular campaign. Any link spawned from this master Campaign Link that doesn’t have an account associated with it will by default also have this name.
Track forwarding - This information will allow you to collect email addresses from any unidentified visitors to your Campaign Link. Track forwarding functionality with Campaign Links works a lot like DocSend’s regular mail merge links: Everyone coming in through the original link with the merge parameters applied will be identified as the recipient. If someone visits the link without the merge parameters (if, say, the original recipient copies and pastes the link into a browser bar after visiting it), they’ll be asked for their email address.
Allow downloading - This refers to whether or not you permit downloading of the content you share via a Campaign Link.
Passcode - This refers to whether or not you’d like to require a passcode to view the content you’ve shared with a Campaign Link.
Using the Campaign Link You’ve Created
5. When you finish establishing the settings on your Campaign Link in the aforementioned form, the link will automatically be copied to your clipboard.
6. When you’re ready to use it in an email campaign, insert the link into an SalesLoft template. Make sure you use the “Insert link” option instead of pasting it into the body, since SalesLoft doesn’t encode links that aren’t explicitly inserted as such.
7. Once you use the Campaign Link, you’ll be able to track engagement via the DocSend dashboard. If you copy a Campaign Link created by another user, your link will be treated as a “Spawn Link.”