SalesLoft email offers the ability to execute your well-crafted sales messages at scale. This dynamic feature lets you manage your emails to optimize your sales process.
Whether you want to send out a templated email to multiple people from a sequential cadence or personalize a message to engage a prospect, SalesLoft takes your daunting email tasks and turns them into well-executed communication. But how can you get the most out of this vital sales tool?
In this article, you will learn how to send an email using SalesLoft, including:
SalesLoft emails can be sent from multiple locations within the SalesLoft platform. You can draft a message from wherever it makes the most sense for your sales process.
If your sales process needs structure and consistency, you can use a cadence to ensure that you reach out to prospects at the right time.
On the other hand, if your sales style involves one-off email sends and a great deal of personalization, you can access emails from the people tab or an individual person’s profile page.
From A Cadence
Cadences allow you to systematically send emails to people through a consistent process.
The People Tab
The people tab provides a full list of the people who have been imported into SalesLoft and allows you to take quick actions on selected individuals, including sending one-off emails.
To send an email from the people tab, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the People tab.
- Search for the person you would like to email if they are not already visible in your people list.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the person’s name. Once a name has been selected, the people actions will appear over the people list.
- Select the Email icon to Send a One-Off Email.
A Person’s Profile Page
Sending emails from a person’s profile page allows you to use the information in the profile to edit and personalize your email. You can quickly craft a message using a template or snippet and then personalize the email.
To send an email from a person’s profile page, follow the instruction below:
- Access the person’s profile page either from the search bar in the top navigation or from the People tab.
- There are a few options for composing an email within the person’s profile page:
- Quick Actions: Located directly under the person’s name, select the email icon.
- Click the Email Address: From the Contact Info panel, select the person’s email address for the email window to appear.
- The Emails Activity Tab: From your activity panel, located in the center of the person’s profile page, you will find an Email tab devoted specifically to emails sent to that individual. Access that tab and click + Compose Email in the upper right corner of the panel.
Whenever you are sending an email in SalesLoft, whether from a cadence or one-off email send, the email window will pop up. Here you can compose, edit, and personalize your emails prior to sending them to their recipients.
Let’s break down the email window into all its components.
The "To" Field
The first line of every email will contain the name and email address of the person who will receive the email.
If a person has been imported into SalesLoft with the name field completed, their name will show up in the To field followed by their email address.
Things to Note: If two or more People are added to the To field, the email will log to the first Person listed. Email tracking functionality will also only apply to this person as well.
CC or BCC
When composing emails in SalesLoft, you can add Cc or Bcc recipients by clicking the Cc/Bcc link in the upper right-hand corner of the email window.
You can enter multiple email addresses separated by a comma in the Cc or Bcc fields.
The Compose Pane
The compose pane will contain the body of your email message. Depending on the message you would like to send, there are a few options to craft your email.
Compose Your Email: First option is to type out the message to your email. As a SalesLoft best practice, this works best for highly personalized, one-off messages. Simply type your message in the email textbox. Use the Email Toolbar located above the email body to format your messages or add links, images, and dynamic tags.
Insert a Template: Every email does not have to be created from scratch. When sending one-off emails, you can select one of your previously created Templates. To add a template to your draft:
- Select Insert in the bottom right corner of the email window.
- From the insert menu, select Templates.
- Choose My Templates or Team Templates, depending on the type of template you need. You may also search for a specific template.
- Select the template. Once you have clicked on your template it will populate into your email.
- (Optional) If you would like to personalize or adjust any of the messaging in your template, you can edit the template after it has been selected within the email textbox.
Insert a Snippet: Snippets act a lot like templates, but use bite-sized pieces of information and drop them into your emails. So if you write a personalized message you can add snippets full of additional information, like case studies or knowledge base articles. To add a snippet to your draft:
- Select Insert in the bottom right corner of the email window.
- From the insert menu, select Snippets.
- Choose My Snippets or Team Snippets, depending on the type of snippet you need. You may also search for a specific snippet.
- Select the snippet. Once you have clicked on your snippet it will populate into your email.
Once your email is drafted and proofed, it’s time to send the message to your recipient. For one-off email sends you have two sending options:
Send: No surprises right here, hitting send will deliver the email to your recipient with a simple push of a button.
Schedule Sends: While you may be prepared to send an email at this very moment, there may be an ideal time for your prospect to receive the email. In fact, sending an email at the opportune time can increase reply rates. Luckily, SalesLoft’s allows you to schedule your email sends. You have complete control and can schedule a whole batch, or individuals emails to go out. Simply click on the calendar icon next to the send button and you can set the time.
The schedule option also allows you to specify the timezone. Timezone is determined by the person's contact info. When you schedule an email, you can use the default timezone or select a timezone from the dropdown menu.