As a SalesLoft admin, you have specific privileges to set up and manage your team's access to the dialer. You can provision and manage phone numbers from the Dialer tab in your Team Settings under the Communication section.
In this article, you will learn about the components of the dialer settings, including:
- Provision Phone Numbers
- Provision an International Number
- Assign Users a Phone Number
- Set a Teamwide Fallback Number
- Establish Call Recording Settings
- Dispositions and Sentiments
In order to use the dialer, an admins needs to assign a provisioned phone number to each user. Provisioned numbers are supplied from SalesLoft’s third-party provider, Twilio. You are allowed to provision as many phone numbers as the total number of SalesLoft users you have (i.e., if you have 10 users, you may provision up to 10 phone numbers).
Things to Note: SalesLoft defaults to United States local phone numbers. Please follow the instructions listed in the section below to provision an international number.
To provision phone numbers, follow these steps:
- Go to the Dialer tab under your Team Settings.
- If you have not previously agreed to the Terms of Service provided on the Billing Authorization prompt, click Agree to Account Billing and Activate Dialer to continue.
- When the Provision a Number page appears, enter the area code you would prefer for the phone number you would like to provision. For example, if you are located in Atlanta you may want to assign your users a “404” provisioned number.
- Hit Search Available Numbers.
- A list of available phone numbers should appear. Select Choose this Number to reserve a number for your team's use. If numbers do not appear, phone numbers from that area code may be unavailable. Enter an alternative area code and click + Search Again.
- After you select a phone number, the number will appear in the Unassigned Numbers column within your dialer settings. Numbers will remain in this section until they are assigned to a specific user.
Provision an International Number
In order to provision phone numbers in many countries, SalesLoft, Twilio, and our customers must adhere to the local country regulations. These different requirements may mean you must provide identity documentation to the carriers or local regulators in order to obtain a number.
Things to Note: We want to get your number to your as soon as possible. However, certain international numbers have a range of requirements that must be met prior to provisioning the number. Due to these requirements, after all of the proper documentation has been put together international number provisioning can take up to several weeks.
This process may be a little daunting. Please use the following instructions to guide this process along as easily as possible:
- Visit Twilio's Phone Number Regulatory Requirements documentation.
- Find the country you would like to provision a number from. If that country is not on the list, skip to step 4.
- Gather the necessary information. For example, if you are applying to a number for Germany, you will need to provide business information for proof of identity and proof of a local address.
- Contact the SalesLoft support team with your number request. Provide the necessary documentation that specifies the city and country number your are seeking.
- Our Support team will take care of the number provisioning process with Twilio. Once your number has been provisioned, we will contact you.
Once you have provisioned the phone numbers for your team, you need to actually assign those numbers to individual users.
A list of your team members who have not been assigned phone numbers will be listed under Unassigned Users. Is a user is listed in the Unassigned Users section, they do not have access to the dialer.
Once you select a phone number for a user (aka, assign them a phone number), the user's name will appear under the Assigned Numbers column.
To assign a phone number to a user, follow these steps:
- Go to the Dialer tab under your Team Settings.
- Under Unassigned Users find the name of the individual you would like to assign a phone number to.
- Select + Assign.
- A list of provisioned phone numbers will pop up. Pick a number for the user.
- The provisioned number that you assign to a user will appear in the user's Phone Settings as their Assigned Number.
Removing an Assigned Number
Admins can remove, or unassign, a number from a user. Why would you want to unassign a number from a user? Here are a couple of common reasons for removing a user's number:
- The user takes on a new territory: If you originally assigned a phone number for a specific state or region, and then alter where your rep is calling into, you may want to unassign their current number.
- The user leaves your organization: Businesses are constantly changing. If a user goes onto a different role or leaves your company, they no longer need their assigned number. Plus, once you unassign the number, you can assign it to a new hire that fills the role.
To remove a number, select the red Unassign icon next to the user’s name and number. The name of the user will now appear under Unassigned Users while the phone number will show up under Unassigned Numbers.
Each SalesLoft user sets up a forwarding number to receive callbacks from people they have reached out to using the dialer. But sometimes users forget or neglect to add their forwarding number.
This is where the fallback number comes to the rescue. By entering a fallback number under the admin dialer settings, returned calls that cannot find a forwarding number will still be directed to your company.
To set your fallback number, enter your preferred number in the dialogue box under Fallback Number and hit enter. As a SalesLoft best practice, use a central line, like the front desk, as your fallback number.
Your team Dialer Settings also contain the SalesLoft Call Recording settings and Governance restrictions.
To learn more about each of these setups, please check out our Manage Call Recordings and Governance article.
There are two important things you want to know when a call is logged: (1) what happened during the call and (2) the outcome of the conversation. SalesLoft uses the Disposition and Sentiment fields to keep track of your team's call outcomes.
All teams start with the standard Dispositions and Sentiments. Admins with the Dispositions & Sentiments permission can edit or create dispositions and sentiments.
To learn more about Disposition and Sentiment Management, check out our Manage Dispositions and Sentiments article.