SalesLoft is the leading sales engagement platform, helping sales organizations to deliver a better sales experience for their customers.
Think of SalesLoft like a personal assistant that lays out the people you need to communicate with and the tasks you need to take each day. Then, SalesLoft makes it easy to manage and complete these tasks all in one platform. This way, you can spend your time focusing on building relationships with your prospects to get to your end goal.
Before you can fully engage your customers, you need to properly set up your SalesLoft account.
When you log into SalesLoft for the first time, you will see a startup checklist. The checklist will guide you through your Personal Settings where you can edit and control your own profile information.
In this article, we will walk thought accepting an invite and setting up your SalesLoft user profile. Each step will direct you to additional resources for including set up instructions. Use the checklist below to track your progress!
A team admin will send an invite for you to join your SalesLoft team.
Things to Note: You have 24 hours to accept the invite to join your SalesLoft team. If your account is not activated before the password token expires you will need to submit a support ticket to reset your token.
Once you receive the invite, follow these steps to accept your invite and create your SalesLoft account:
1. Access your email and find the team invite in your inbox. If you don't see the email at first, check your spam folder.
2. Open the email with the subject line "You have been invited to join (Team Name)!" The email message looks like this:
3. Click the Join the Team link in the email to accept the invitation. You will be redirected to the Create Your SalesLoft Account page.
4. On the Create Your SalesLoft Account page, enter your first and last name.
5. Review your email address. The email address will auto-populate into the email address field. If your email address is incorrect, submit a support ticket and request to update the email address.
6. Select your Job Role using the dropdown menu. The roles include the following options:
- Account Executive/ Account Manager
- Executive Leadership
- Customer Success
7. Type in your preferred password to create your password. Re-enter the password in the final text box to complete the login.
8. Select Next. You're officially logged in as a SalesLoft user! Follow the steps in the Getting Started checklist to complete your account setup.
From the Downloads Settings page, you can download the Google Chrome Extension.
To learn more about the Google Chrome Extension, check out the article here.
To set up your email client, you must connect to your email account. Select your email client to view instructions on how to connect your email:
- Gmail: Follow the instructions listed in our Setting Up Your Email Account - Gmail article.
- Outlook: Check out our Setting Up Your Email Account- Outlook article.
- SalesLoft Mail: Check out the SalesLoft Compatible Email Clients article for more information.
SalesLoft currently integrates with Salesforce. To learn how to connect to your Salesforce account, check out our Salesforce User Guide article.
Don't have a Salesforce account? The checklist encourages you to skip the step. However, if your team uses an alternative CRM, you may be able to log emails using the BCC function. Learn more about adding a BCC address in our Your Personal Settings article.
Your email signature needs to be a consistent sign-off. By adding your signature in SalesLoft, your formatted signature will automatically conclude every email you send out.
Things to Note: In the event that the copy and paste method results in a messed up signature due to hidden HTML code elements, use the in-app editor.
To set up your email signature follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Profile Settings.
- In the Email Signature text box, enter your preferred signature. You can edit your signature to achieve the look you want by using the toolbar located at the top of the box.
- A quick pro-tip: Add "Best" or "Sincerely" into your SalesLoft signature so that you don't have to include the sign-off in any of your templates.
- Once your signature is complete, control your signature click tracking by checking the box labeled Enable click tracking in my Signature. By unchecking the box, your signature will not track any links that are clicked (for example, if your website is listed in your signature, and it’s clicked, the click will not register in SalesLoft).
The startup checklist contains two more steps you need to complete. After you complete these items, the checklist will clear from the SalesLoft homepage and you will see your SalesLoft Dashboard.
Check out the following articles to complete your startup checklist: