The team Email settings allow SalesLoft admins to control and manage the way your team will use email within the SalesLoft platform.
To customize your team’s Email settings, click your name in the upper right corner of the SalesLoft platform and selecting the Settings option. Once you’ve reached the settings page, scroll down to your Communication section and select Email.
In this article, you will learn the ins and outs of your team Email settings, including:
- Set a Daily Send Limit
- Adjust the Email Delay Time
- Prioritize One-Off Emails
- Enable Text to Link
- Turn on the Click Tracking Default
- Allow Automated Steps
- Set Default Font Settings
- Set Available Email Clients
- Email Tracking Settings
- Email Activity Sync
For more technical email settings, please check out our Advanced Team Email Settings article.
Blasting too many emails in a day or sending out batches in a sequence may save you loads of time, but it’s extremely risky email behavior.
To help keep your email send habits healthy, we cap off emails sent from SalesLoft at a maximum of 1,000 emails per user per day.
As an admin, you can adjust the daily send limit if you would like to set an alternative limit for your users.
Best Practice Tip: Limit emails to 250 per day to leave room for follow-ups, administrative emails, and personal messages outside the application.
Under the admin Email Settings, you will find Daily Send Limit. Enter your preferred send limit, or use the arrows to decrease or increase your send limit to a maximum of 1000 emails.
If any team member selects Send All Emails on a cadence step and the number of messages is over their daily quota, a warning message will appear that the number of sends is over the limit. SalesLoft will even calculate how many email may be sent without going over the email limit.
From here, users have control over which emails they send from the cadence step and they can schedule them to send at another time.
If a user sends out multiple emails at once using Send All Emails, SalesLoft sends each email out in intervals to keep in compliance with email server regulations. The email delay defaults to 30 seconds in between each email sent.
If you would like to adjust the amount of time between email sends, you can do so within the admin Email Settings under Email Delay.
Type in the number of seconds you would like to allow between email sends or use the arrows to increase/decrease the amount of time. Once the number of seconds is correct, hit the Enter key to save. The email delay can be set from a minimum of 5 seconds to the maximum 120 seconds (2 minutes).
SalesLoft allows users to tackle multiple tasks at the same time. For example, a team member can respond to emails from their inbox while their cadence sends out a previously scheduled list of emails. But when email sends overlap, your email server needs to prioritize which message(s) will go out first: the one-off email or the scheduled mass send.
SalesLoft lets you decide which emails take top priority for your team.
Within your email settings, the Prioritizing One-Off Emails checkbox decides whether or not one-off emails will take precedence over any emails sent from a cadence. Checking the box "on" means a one-off email out ranks the cadence sends.
Text to link creates a hyperlink for any web addresses users add to their emails. This means if a team member types www.salesloft.com in their email template, the web address will automatically become a link to that webpage.
To enable text to link, check the box Text to Link box under your admin Email settings. Checking the box "on" means that links will be created when a URL is entered.
To set click tracking on by default across your team, check the box for Click Tracking Default under your Admin Email Settings.
Things to Note: Each user has the ability to disable or enable click tracking within their emails or templates.
Check the Automated Steps box to allow your users to send automated email steps in their cadences.
Default fonts apply the same font settings to any emails (and templates) created in SalesLoft.
Users with the permission to change the font still have the ability to override the default option, meaning that the default is more of a font guideline rather than a set typeface. Admins may add or remove permissions for specific roles to set the tea font style and/or adjust the font from the Roles and Permissions.
To set font restrictions, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Email tab under your Team Settings.
- Under Default Font Settings, select the font you want to default.
- Select the Size.
Allowing HTML Editing Under Team Settings:
For those who know how to code, you can edit and manipulate your text formatting via HTML code. Using code you can controlling line breaks, paragraph breaks, specific colors for the fonts, italicizing, bolding, underlining, etc., to further control the style of your emails.
Things to Know:
- Users can view and edit the HTML in their email signatures regardless of how it's set in the Team Settings.
- HTML is specifically for updating text style. Users cannot add custom fonts.
When each SalesLoft user sets up their SalesLoft account, they must connect their SalesLoft account to their email account.
In order to make connecting to the email server simple as possible, you can limit the number of visible email clients to the specific one(s) your team needs.
For example, if your team exclusively uses Gmail as their email server, you can select the Gmail box under Available Email Clients. Then your users will only see the Gmail Connection option when they connect their email.
To select your available email clients, follow these steps:
- Under your Admin Email Settings, go to Available Email Clients.
- Select the specific client(s) that you want your team to have access to.
- Hit Save.
The Email Tracking Settings allow admins to restrict email tracking and prevent the use of the Loft It button to specific email domains.
The Email Tracking settings are broken down into two components:
Domain Exclusion List
The Domain Exclusion List lets admins manage the email domains that will not track messages. By adding an email domain to the exclusion list, replies sent from these domains will not be logged into SalesLoft.
Things to Note:
- SalesLoft automatically adds your team's internal domain to the Domain Exclusion List.
- Blocked domains will only be excluded with direct email address (i.e., email addresses listed in the "To" field). If an email recipient using a domain from the exclusion list is cc'd or bcc'd on an email, the message will log in SalesLoft and track the email.
- The Domain Exclusion List does not apply to email addresses sent with the "Loft It" button. To disable ALL email activity sent to and from a SalesLoft person, toggle on the Block Lofting button.
- The Domain Exclusion List applies to exact domains AND subdomains. This means you could block your company's domain, like salesloft.com, as well as subdomains, like mail.salesloft.com or money.salesloft.com.
To add more domains to the exclusion list, find the email address you want to exclude and type the domain that is listed after the "@" in the box provided (e.g., email@example.com would have the domain "salesloft.com").
Block Lofting Button
The Loft It button in Gmail and Outlook allows SalesLoft users to send emails, log the email activity, and create a person in SalesLoft (if necessary) all from one click. While this function is great for sending emails to prospects, it's not as useful for internal use or personal emails (no one needs a log of an email exchange between a sales rep and their mom).
Toggle on the Block Lofting to domains on your exclusions list button to disable the ability to Loft messages to any domain listed in the Domain Exclusion List. This means users will not be able to hit Loft It when emailing anyone containing these domains.
If a user tries to email someone with a domain that is listed in the exclusion list, an error message will notify them from their email server.
Email Sync, also known as server sided sync, logs all outgoing and/or incoming emails into SalesLoft. This means that any message sent from your email will be logged in SalesLoft, including emails sent from mobile devices.
Things to Note:
- Email sync does not include email tracking capabilities: Emails must be lofted or sent directly from SalesLoft in order to track opens and clicks for the email.
- Email sync only applies to a person in SalesLoft: The email recipient or sender (depending on outbound or inbound sync) must already be imported into SalesLoft.
- Using the "Loft It" button disables Outbound/Inbound Email Sync: Messages sent with "Loft It" button will log, but any outbound and inbound emails sent after the initial message will not sync. In other words, if at any point during the thread the "Loft It" button is used, Email Sync will no longer apply.
To manage your email sync, navigate to your admin settings. Select the Email tab under the Communication Settings. Under Email Sync, enable the toggles to sync emails. The toggle options include:
- Allow Outbound Email Activity: Captures all outgoing emails from your connected email account into SalesLoft without hitting the "Loft It" button. This included emails that are sent from your mobile device.
- Allow Inbound Email Activity Sync: Syncs inbound emails received from people who have been previously imported into SalesLoft.