Email is the primary channel of most modern sales cycles. SalesLoft improves your standard email sends with tracking capabilities, templates, and smart tools that will enhance your communication, increase overall efficiency, and make your sales process smarter.
But before you start sending, you need to be sure your email account is set up properly.
In this article, we will walk through setting up SalesLoft to your Gmail account:
- Connect to Your Gmail Account
- Reauthorize Your Gmail Account
- Mandatory Gmail Reauthorization
- Set Up a "Send As" Alias
- Install the Google Chrome Extension
To connect to your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Email Settings by clicking your name, going to Settings, and selecting Email on the left.
- Select Connect Gmail Account or click the Configure button on the right side of the SalesLoft Mail row.
- Below Gmail Connection, click Sign in with Google.
- You will be given the option to select the Gmail account you would like to connect to. Select your desired Gmail account.
- Allow SalesLoft access to the Gmail account.
- Enter the corresponding password, and boom! You're now ready to send email using SalesLoft.
Not using Gmail? Set up an Outlook/Exchange Address Instead.
Technology is constantly updating to the latest and greatest versions. From apps on our phones to web browsers, sometimes these systems need a refresh in order to match tech updates.
When such an update occurs with a linked integration to your SalesLoft instance, such as Gmail, we call that update reauthorization. Think of reauthorizing your account like hitting your Gmail connection's on/off switch.
In order to reauthorize your Gmail connection, follow these steps:
- Log into SalesLoft.
- Go to your Personal Settings by clicking your name in the upper right corner and selecting Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the Email Settings.
- Click the red Disconnect Gmail button. This will remove your Gmail connection.
- Select Configure to the right of the Gmail row.
- Hit Sign in with Google. You will be redirected from the SalesLoft page.
- Choose the Gmail account you want to use with SalesLoft.
- SalesLoft will ask to access the account. Click Allow.
SalesLoft is migrating to Gmail's API service. This integration provides a more secure integration while offering SalesLoft's email capabilities.
Beginning July 22, 2019, Gmail users will see a banner to reauthorize their Gmail account in order to switch the updated integration.
When it's time to reauthorize, you will see an orange banner prompting you to take action in the following locations:
- In the SalesLoft Application the the top of the webpage
- Inside the compose window in your Gmail
- Inside the compose window in messages from Salesforce
Things to Note: Failure to reauthorize your Gmail account may disrupt your service with between SalesLoft and Gmail. If service is disrupted, emails will not send and your calendar will disconnect, resulting in meetings not being scheduled.
To complete the reauthorization, click Reauthorize Now from any of the banners listed above. This will complete the reauthorization process and you will be able to perform your email activities as you normally do.
Set up a "Send As" address within SalesLoft so your emails will be tracked through Gmail from your desired email account.
Things to Note: Reply tracking is not possible when using a Send As alias.
To set up a Send As alias, follow these steps:
- Set up a Send As in the Google Apps Email Settings by going to the Accounts tab and following Google's directions. When prompted, enter the email address you prefer to "Send As."
- Notify our support team that you would like to enable your Send As alias feature.
- Log into SalesLoft and go to the Settings.
- Navigate to the Email Settings to setup your From: Address.
- Things to Note: If you don't see the From: Address section in your Email Settings, reach out to our support team so they can enable the feature.
SalesLoft’s Google Chrome Extension enables a number of features within your Chrome browser including email tracking notifications, Dialer Everywhere, imports from Salesforce, and SalesLoft Connect for Gmail.
To learn more about the extension, check out the SalesLoft Chrome Extension article.