Email is the primary channel of most modern sales cycles. SalesLoft improves your standard email sends with tracking capabilities, templates, and smart tools that will enhance your communication, increase overall efficiency, and make your sales process smarter.
But before you start sending, you need to be sure your email account is set up properly.
In this article, we will walk through setting up SalesLoft to your Gmail account:
To connect to your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Email Settings by clicking your name, going to Settings, and selecting Email on the left.
- Select Connect Gmail Account or click the Configure button on the right side of the SalesLoft Mail row.
- Below Gmail Connection, click Connect to Gmail.
- You will be given the option to select the Gmail account you would like to connect to. Select your desired Gmail account.
- Allow SalesLoft access to the Gmail account.
- Enter the corresponding password, and boom! You're now ready to send email using SalesLoft.
Not using Gmail? Set up an Outlook/Exchange Address Instead.
Set up a "Send As" address within SalesLoft so your emails will be tracked through Gmail from your desired email account.
Things to Note: Using a Send As alias will hinder some of SalesLoft's functionality for view and reply tracking.
To set up a Send As alias, follow these steps:
- Set up a Send As in the Google Apps Email Settings by going to the Accounts tab and following Google's directions. When prompted, enter the email address you prefer to "Send As."
- Notify our support team that you would like to enable your Send As alias feature.
- Log into SalesLoft and go to the Settings.
- Navigate to the Email Settings to setup your From: Address.
- Things to Note: If you don't see the From: Address section in your Email Settings, reach out to our support team so they can enable the feature.
SalesLoft’s Google Chrome extension enables a number of features within your Chrome browser including email tracking notifications, Dialer Everywhere, imports from Salesforce, and SalesLoft Connect for Gmail.
To learn more about the extension, check out the SalesLoft Chrome Extension article.