Email is the primary channel of most modern sales cycles. It serves as the backbone for sales communication by keeping you on your prospective customers' radar and allowing you to keep current customers in-the-know.
SalesLoft improves your standard email sends with tracking capabilities, templates, and smart tools that will enhance your communication, increase overall efficiency, and make your sales process smarter. But before you start sending, you need to be sure your email account is set up properly.
In this article, we will walk through setting up SalesLoft to your Gmail account:
To connect to your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Email Settings by clicking your name, going to Settings, and selecting Email on the left.
- Select Connect Gmail Account.
- Below Gmail Connection, click Connect to Gmail.
- You will be given the option to select the Gmail account you would like to connect to. Select your desired Gmail account.
- Allow SalesLoft access to the Gmail account.
- Enter the corresponding password, and boom! You're now ready to send email using SalesLoft.
Not using Gmail? Set up an Outlook/Exchange Address Instead.
Another possible workaround is to set up a "Send As" address within SalesLoft so that emails can still be tracked through Gmail, but they will send from your desired email account.
Things to Note: Using a Send As Alias will hinder some of Cadence's functionality for view and reply tracking.
To set up a "Send as" Alias, follow these steps:
- Set up a Send As in the Google Apps Email Settings by going to the Accounts tab and following Google's directions. When prompted, enter the email address you prefer to "Send As."
- Notify our support team that you would like to enable your Send As alias feature.
- Log into SalesLoft and go to the Settings.
- Navigate to the Email Settings to setup your From: Address.
SalesLoft’s Google Chrome extension enables a number of features within your Chrome browser including email tracking notifications, Dialer Everywhere, imports from Salesforce, and SalesLoft Connect for Gmail.
To learn more about the Plug-In, check out our article here.