Snippets allow you to quickly insert reusable content, such as case studies or meeting information, into your emails. This not only saves time, but allows you to standardize your messaging and keep your content organized in SalesLoft.
To access the Snippets page, where you can view and create snippets, select the snippets icon that looks like a quotation mark in the left navigation bar.
The Snippets page includes personal and team snippets, filters, snippet actions, and the following details:
- Snippet Name
- Last Modified
In this article, you’ll learn about the Snippets page, including:
- Personal and Team Snippets
- Create Snippets
- Snippet Filters
- Search Snippets
- Sort Snippets
- Snippet Actions
- Export Snippets
- Send an Email with Snippets
- SLU: SalesLoft Snippets (Video)
Personal and Team Snippets
There are two types of snippets you have access to within SalesLoft:
- Personal Snippets: Snippets that are created and owned by you.
- Team Snippets: Are created by a SalesLoft admin (or user with team snippets permissions) to create common messaging, such as marketing content or objection handling, and make that content easily accessible across their organization.
When you navigate to the Snippets page, the top tabs allow you to select between the Personal and Team Snippets.
If you have permissions to manage team snippets, follow these steps to create a new team snippet:
- Navigate to the Snippets page.
- Select Snippet Actions.
- Click New Snippet from the Snippet Actions menu.
- Users with permissions to create and manage team snippets will be given the choice to create a personal snippet or a team snippet. Select Team and hit Next.
- Create the team snippet.
- Hit Save.
Snippets make it easy to take short blurbs of text and drop them into your emails. By building your own snippets, you can create content that will assist your prospects and speed up your process.
To create a new snippet, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Snippets page.
- Select Create Snippet from the upper right corner of the page.
- Select whether you want the Snippet to be a personal or team snippet.
- Give your snippet a name. The name makes it clear what the snippet contains.
- Things to Note: The Name is a required field to create the snippet.
- Add the snippet message in the compose window.
- Hit Save.
Filters trim your snippet list so you can view the snippets that suit your current needs. Select the filters above the table to easily filter your data. The filters currently include filtering by snippet owner and by archived snippets.
Filter by Owner
Filtering by owner allows you to view snippets that have been created by yourself and/or different users on your team.
Filter by owner using one of the following options:
- Active Users
- Inactive Users
- All Users
- Specific User
- Users in Specific Groups
Filter by Archived
If you have previously archived any snippets, this filter allows you to still view that data. Select the Archived filter. When the menu appears, click Include Archived. Any archived snippets will now appear in your list.
Once any filter is applied, you can get back to default filters by clicking Reset All Filters.
Search snippets in order to locate a certain snippet. You can search using a key word or phrase contained in the name or message of the Snippet.
To search snippets, type the key word in the search bar located in the upper right corner of the Snippets page. Click the enter key on your keyboard to perform the search. The results will populate, or you will see an empty state that prompts you to create a new snippet.
Things to Note: Personal snippets and team snippets have two separate searches. You must be on the correct snippet type page in order to search snippets.
To clear your search results, click the red X to the right of the text box.
You may sort snippets by selecting the column headers. Snippet data will appear in ascending or descending order by clicking a column name.
SalesLoft allows you to do more with selected snippets than filter & sort, create new snippets, and export metrics. By selecting multiple or individual snippets, additional snippet action items appear at the top of your snippet list.
Let’s take a look at the different actions you can take:
Update Snippet Owner
Snippets will only show up under your My Snippets lists if they are owned by you. Plus, if your sales team makes changes or a sales rep moves to a new role or leaves the company, you may need to switch the snippet owner to another SalesLoft user.
Things to Note: Changing snippet owner is available for users with Manage Team Snippets permissions only.
This is why you can update the owner of a snippet. To change the owner of a snippet, follow these steps:
- From the Snippets page, filter & sort your list (if necessary).
- Select the snippet(s) by checking the box to the left of their name. The actions will appear at the top of the table.
- Click the Update Owner. A menu will appear.
- In the New Owner dropdown, search or select the team member to reassign the snippet.
Sometimes the strongest material may come from another member of your sales team. That’s why SalesLoft allows you to share snippets and copy them for your own use.
Things to Note: Users require specific permissions to change the snippet owner.
To copy a snippet follow these steps:
- Filter & sort to find the selection of snippets you would like to choose from.
- Select the snippet(s) you wish to copy. The actions will appear at the top of the table.
- Select More.
- Click the Copy icon. Copied snippets will have the name of the original snippet followed by a dash and "Copy" (example: “Intro email - Copy”).
If a snippet is no longer of use to you, you will likely want to get rid of it. Before you delete the snippet there are some things you should know.
Deleting a snippet removes all data that is associated with that snippet from SalesLoft. So the metrics you have gathered will all be lost if you hit delete.
To archive snippets:
- Select the snippet(s) by clicking the checkbox next to their name. The actions will appear at the top of the table.
- Select More.
- Click the Archive icon. Archiving a snippet removes it from your list view.
- You can continue to view archived snippets by selecting "Include Archived" under the filtering option.
For snippets that you want completely removed from your SalesLoft record, you have the option to delete them. Deleted snippets cannot be recovered, and the data is gone.
Things to Note: SalesLoft best practice is to archive previously used templates.
To delete a snippet, follow these steps:
- Select the template or templates by clicking the checkbox next to their name.
- Click the Trash icon and select Delete.
Export all snippets, a single snippet, or a selected set of snippets to a CSV file.
To export snippets, follow these steps:
- Select the snippet(s) you want to export.
- Click Export Snippets in the upper right corner. A popup will appear.
- Confirm you want to export the specified snippets. Click Export. A CSV will be sent to the email associated with your SalesLoft Account.
Snippets can be added to any email you send using SalesLoft. You can compose a new email and include a quick snippet that contains a case study, or add a snippet containing information to a previously created template.
To insert a snippet into your emails, follow these steps:
- Open an email window.
- In the lower right corner of the email window, select the + Insert button.
- At the top of the Insert window, select the Snippets tab.
- Choose My Snippets, Team Snippets, or you can search for a specific snippet.
- Select the snippet.
- Hit Insert. The snippet will populate in the email where your cursor is located.
- Send your email.
SLU: SalesLoft Snippets (Video)
Want to know learn about how to create snippets, but prefer a video format? Visit SalesLoft University to see the SalesLoft Snippets video tutorial.