Snippets allow you to quickly insert reusable content, such as case studies or meeting information, into your emails. This not only saves time, but allows you to standardize your messaging and keep your content organized in SalesLoft.
In this article you’ll learn:
- The Snippets Page
- Create a New Snippet
- Team Snippets
- Select Snippet Actions
- Send an Email with Snippets
Snippets are available in the navigation bar. Here you can see a list of your existing snippets and add new ones.
From the snippets page you can:
- View My Snippets or Team Snippets
- Filter & Sort: Refine your snippet list to a particular group and in a specific order.
- Add Snippets: Create a new snippet.
- Export Snippets: Export all snippets, a single snippet, or a selected set of snippets to a .CSV file. To export snippets, choose the snippet(s) you want to export, click Snippet Actions in the upper right corner, and select Export Snippets
- Search Snippets
- View Snippet details including:
- Snippet Name
- Last Modified
Snippets make it easy to take short blurbs of text that you can drop into your emails. By building your own snippets, you can create content that will assist your prospects and speed up your process.
To create a new snippet, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Snippets tab.
- Select Snippet Actions and click Add Snippet.
- Give your snippet a name. The name make it clear what the snippet contains.
- Compose the snippet message.
- Hit Save.
SalesLoft allows you to do more with selected templates than filter & sort, create new templates, and export metrics. By selecting multiple or individual templates, additional template action items appear at the top of your template list. Let’s take a look at the different actions you can take.
If a snippet is no longer of use to you, you will likely want to get rid of it. Before you delete the snippet there are some things you should know.
Deleting a snippet removes all data that is associated with that snippet from SalesLoft. So metrics you have gathered will all be lost if you hit delete.
To archive snippets,
- Select the snippet(s) by clicking the checkbox next to their name.
- Click the Archive icon. Archiving a snippet removes it from your list view.
- You can continue to view archived snippets by selecting "Include Archived" under the filtering option.
Update Snippet Owner
Snippets will only show up under your “My Snippets” lists if they are owned by you. Plus, if your sales team makes changes or a sales rep moves to a new role or leaves the company, may need to switch the person owner to another SalesLoft user.
Things to Note: Changing snippet owner is available for users with Manage Team Snippets permissions only.
This is why you can update the owner of a snippet. To change the owner of a snippet, follow these steps:
- From the snippet page, filter & sort your list (if necessary).
- Select the snippet(s) by checking the box to the left of their name.
- Click the Update Owner icon from the select snippet actions toolbar.
- Select the team member to reassign the snippet.
Sometimes the strongest material may come from another member of your sales team. That’s why SalesLoft allows you to share snippets and copy them for your own use.
Things to Note: Users require specific permissions to change the owner. Admins must check the "Manage Others' Personal Snippets" permission for users to change the owner of personal snippets and check the "Manage Team Snippets" permissions only.
To copy a snippet follow these steps:
- Filter & Sort to find the selection of snippets you would like to choose from.
- Select the snippet(s) you wish to copy.
- Click the Copy icon. Copied snippets will have the name of the original template followed by a dash and "Copy" (example: “Intro email - copy”).
For snippets that you want completely removed from your SalesLoft record, you have the option to delete them. Deleted snippets cannot be recovered and the data is gone.
Things to Note: SalesLoft best practice is to archive previously used templates.
To delete a snippet, follow these steps:
- Select the template or templates by clicking the checkbox next to their name.
- Click the Trashcan icon and select Delete.
Team snippets allow admins to create common messaging, such as marketing content or objection handling, and make that content easily accessible across their organization.
Navigate to the Snippets page and select the Team Snippets tab to manage and view the available team snippets for the team.
To create a new team snippet, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Snippets tab.
- Select Snippet Actions.
- Click New Snippet from the snippet actions menu.
- Users with permissions to create and manage team snippets will be given the choice to create a personal snippet or a team snippet. Select Team and hit Next.
- Create the Team Snippet.
- Hit Save.
Snippets can be added to any email you send using SalesLoft. You can compose a new email and include quick snippet that contains a case study or add a snippet containing information to a previously created template.
To insert a snippet into your emails, follow these steps:
- Open an email window.
- In the lower right corner of the email window, select the Insert button.
- At the top of the Insert window, select the Snippets tab.
- Choose My Snippets, Team Snippets, or you can search for a specific snippet.
- Select the snippet. It will populate in the email where your cursor is located.