Dialing a prospect from an area code that is local to them increases the chances that they will take the call, which gives your team more opportunities to connect, book qualified demos, and close deals! SalesLoft’s LocalDial allows users to make calls from a phone number that contains the same area code you're calling into, increasing your call connection rate by up to 400%!
In this article, you will learn how to set up LocalDial for your team, including:
Before your team can reap the benefits of LocalDial, you have to flip the switch and authorize LocalDial for your individual users.
To enable LocalDial for your team, follow the instructions listed below:
- Go to your Team Settings. Select Dialer. Then head to the LocalDial tab at the top of the Dialer Settings page.
- If this is the first time you are accessing LocalDial, click the green button to agree to the billing terms and activate LocalDial.
- Enable LocalDial for a team member by selecting the Disabled list, then click Enable next to the team member's name. The person’s name will be removed from the Disabled list once you select Enable.
To disable LocalDial for a team member, first select the Enabled list, then click Disable next to the team member's name.
As your team uses LocalDial, they will accumulate a list of provisioned numbers being used for each area code they call into. You can view the list of numbers by going to the Dialer tab in your Team Settings and go to LocalDial. Scroll to find LocalDial Numbers. Here you will see the total number of LocalDial numbers your team has used.
Best practice tip: Review your LocalDial numbers to see your most commonly used area codes. Then you can cut your dialer cost by whitelisting those areas.
Many major metropolitan areas have multiple area codes. Seriously, New York has at least three, Atlanta has three, Los Angeles has at least four...you get the point.
Each time you call a new area code using LocalDial, you provision an additional number which can cost your team more in the long run.
To keep your invoiced dialer costs in check, you can whitelist specific area codes. This will prevent LocalDial from purchasing a number for any area code that is not whitelisted.
Things to Note: if a single area code for a major metropolitan area has multiple area codes, that area code will apply whenever that city is called, regardless of the area code of the person being called. For example, if you whitelist the Atlanta area code “404” and call a number with the Atlanta area code “770,” your “404” phone number will apply.
To whitelist numbers for your team:
- Head to Settings, and then choose Dialer. Click LocalDial.
- Enter your preferred area codes in the Number box under Whitelists An Area Code.
- Hit Add to Whitelist. Once an area code has been whitelisted, it will appear under Whitelisted Area Codes.
To delete a whitelisted area code, navigate to the Whitelisted Area Codes list, find the area code you would like to remove, and hit Delete.