A modern, robust dialer needs to work where it's most convenient for you. And that’s why SalesLoft’s Dialer Everywhere makes call execution easy, allows you to take action right when you find a number, and like the name says, it can be accessed everywhere you work.
Spend most of your time in Salesforce? Maybe your Gmail? Or maybe you want to hop on a call the second you find a number on a company’s website or a person's LinkedIn profile. There’s no need to waste time with taking down a number, dialing the number, and logging the record.
In this article we will walk through how to get the most out of SalesLoft’s Dialer Everywhere, with specific walkthroughs on the following features:
- Access the Dialer From Your Google Chrome Browser
- Receive Inbound Calls
- Add New People within the SalesLoft Dialer
- Automatically Match a Phone Number to the SalesLoft Person
- Log a Previously Completed Call
- The Dialer in Connect for Gmail
- The Dialer in Salesforce
The dialer gives you the flexibility to enter any phone number, find an existing person, or create a new person from anywhere within your Google Chrome Browser
To access the SalesLoft Dialer on any page within Chrome, right-click anywhere on the page and select SalesLoft Dial. As a shortcut, highlight the number before opening the dialer.
Callbacks from prospective customers can be vital to your sales process. An inbound call lets you know the customer is interested in what you're selling and ready to hear more. So you definitely don't want to potentially miss that call. Plus, when you receive an inbound call, it wouldn't hurt to log the activity and notes for your records.
This is why SalesLoft has two methods for you to receive inbound calls from people you have previously called via the dialer:
- You can answer calls from your designated forwarding number.
- Accept inbound calls directly from your Chrome browser by installing SalesLoft's Google Chrome extension.
Things to Note:
- To receive inbound calls in-app with the Chrome notification, you must be logged into your SalesLoft account.
- Your Chrome browser must be live. You may exit out of the Chrome browser, but if you “Quit” or shut down Chrome you will not receive inbound calls.
- If you have entered a custom caller ID in your calls settings, you will not receive the inbound call in your Chrome Browser. The call will be directed to the phone listed in the custom caller ID field.
- If you do not answer an inbound call, the call will go to the voicemail box of your forwarding number. The inbound call will show under your logs as a completed call with a voicemail recording. You can update the log status to "no answer."
Enabling Inbound Calls
Inbound calling requires the SalesLoft Google Chrome Extension. If you have not downloaded the Chrome extension, you may download it anytime by going to the Downloads tab from your SalesLoft Settings.
Once the extension has been downloaded, make sure the Chrome Notifications are allowed.
Finally, your microphone must be enabled within the extension in order to accept the incoming call in Chrome.
Answering an Inbound Call
When a prospect returns your call, it will simultaneously ring within the Chrome browser and on the phone set as your forwarding number. An incoming call notification will display in the top right corner of your computer screen alerting you to the inbound call. The notification will include the prospect’s name, job title, and company. And, just like receiving a call on your phone, incoming call notifications will play a ringtone on your computer.
To pick up the call via your computer, you will need to “Accept” it. This helps with prioritization if you are in the middle of an outbound call – you are able to choose whether to continue with the outbound dial or to snag that return call you’ve been hoping for.
To accept the call, follow the steps below:
- When you see an inbound call notification, click More on the Chrome notification and then select Accept. You can also choose to Close the call on the Chrome notification, and the call will continue to ring on your forwarding number.
- When you accept the call, complete your call as normal. The Dialer Everywhere window will appear in a separate Google tab.
Logging an Inbound Call
Once an inbound call is accepted the Dialer Everywhere box will appear. This allows you to log your call exactly like you would for an outbound call. Take notes, set dispositions, and sentiments, and log the activity directly from the call log window.
The logging function is not limited to calls taken accepted from your Google Chrome browser. If you choose to take an inbound call from your forwarding number, you can still log the call in SalesLoft.
All call activity will be posted in SalesLoft. You can find the call record listed on the Calls page. You may edit the notes of previous calls on this page.
Things to Note: you cannot edit dispositions and sentiments after a call has been logged.
Before logging, you have to add the person. The dialer gives you the flexibility to enter any phone number, find an existing person, or create a new one to call.
The dialer everywhere is meant for immediate action. So when you call someone who has already been imported into SalesLoft, the dialer pulls up that person's call record in the dialer. This means you can seamlessly communicate and log a call to your contact without having to search for their record.
Whether you dial their number, copy and paste the number, or right-click to dial their number, SalesLoft searches your database and links the phone number to existing people.
What if more than one prospect shares the number? SalesLoft will select the best option available. If we choose the wrong person, you can select the correct person from the Person search bar options.
While working through a series of phone calls, it's simple to hang up with one person and quickly move on to your next call without logging the first call's valuable information.
SalesLoft has you covered if you ever forget to log a call. If you start a new call but forgot to log your previous call, you can click Go back to log call from the prompt above the dialer. If you don’t want to log your previous call, close the notification or click Call to continue.
To dial from Connect for Gmail, click on your contact's phone number in the sidebar or open the dialer by right-clicking anywhere on the page.
In Salesforce Classic or Lightning, click on the blue Call button next to any lead or contact's phone number to open the SalesLoft Dialer. From here, you can log the call or make a new one by clicking on the reset button at the top of the dialer.