The cadence page provides a simple view of all the cadences available to you, whether they are your own personal cadences, other user's cadence, or team cadences.
To access the cadences page, navigate to the rocket ship icon on the navigation bar.
In this article, you will learn all about the cadences page and the cadence actions you can complete, including:
- My Cadences vs Team Cadences
- Filter Cadences
- Sort Cadences
- Add a New Cadence
- The Cadence Search Bar
- The Cadence Listview
- Cadence Actions
All users have two types of cadences available to them. At the top of the cadences page, select which cadences you would like to view.
- My Cadences include all cadences that you create yourself. You can also filter these cadences to see cadences created by other users on your team.
- Team Cadences are created by team admins and visible to the entire team.
The filter tool makes it easy to find a cadence by refining your cadence list to a specified group.
Your cadence list will default to show the cadences you have created. With the different filter options, you can view cadences for specific users or all of the cadences created across your team. Filtering options include:
- Cadence owner:
- You: This shows only the cadences you have created.
- All Users: Shows every cadence that has been created by your team from both active and inactive users.
- Active Users: Shows the cadences of all users that are currently active in SalesLoft.
- Inactive Users: Shows the cadences of any users that have been switched to Inactive by an admin. Inactive users include people who are no longer with your organization or no longer using their SalesLoft account.
- Specific Users: Allows you to see the cadences created by a specific user on your team.
- Cadence Tags: Tagging cadence is a quick way to label the cadence into particular buckets. Once a cadence tag is applied, filter the cadence to see (and compare) the cadences that contain that tag.
To view archived cadences, select the Include Archived checkbox when filtering.
Remove any filters by selecting Clear in the filter notification bar at the top of your cadence list.
The Sort feature, located under the Filter & Sort button, sets the order that you view your cadence list.
When sorting, you choose which field to sort you cadence list by and whether the list is in Ascending or Descending order.
You can sort your cadence list by the following fields:
- Name: Alphabetical list of each cadence by their cadence names.
- Owner’s Name: Alphabetical list based off of the cadence owner. The owner is the person who created the cadence.
- Date Created: When the cadence was originally created.
- Last Updated: When the cadence was last updated, helps to see which cadence is the most current.
After a sorting filter has been selected, you can cancel the sorting option by selecting Clear in the filter notification bar at the top of your cadence list.
By creating your own cadence you build out the systematic process you will execute that will function on your time.
To add a new cadence, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Cadences tab.
- In the upper right corner of your cadence list click + Add Cadence.
- Now you will follow the steps to add your new cadence on the Add a Cadence page. Learn more about how to create a cadence here.
For those times when you need quick access to a specific cadence, search cadences from the cadences tab.
To search for a cadence, follow these steps:
- Select the cadences list view for either My (Personal) or Team Cadences. Searching for a Personal Cadence or a Team Cadence is performed separately.
- Enter a word or phrase in the Search box to search for a cadence by its name.
From the cadence list you can view the following information:
- Cadence Name: The name of the cadence.
- In Progress: Number of people who are currently in progress on the cadence
- Due: Number of people with a step currently due in the cadence.
- Cadence Tags: Tags are a great way to label your cadences. If you have previously added a tag to a cadence, you can view the tag under the cadence tags column. Also, if you select a tag that is listed, your cadence list will filter to only cadences that have that tag.
- Owner: When filtering cadences by different owners, you can keep of track of the person that originally created the cadence by checking out the owner’s name.
- Stats: Whether you are seeking the most used cadences or performing a cadence audit, the stats listed in your cadence list can help make that decision. The stats offer the following data.
- Total: the total number of people who have been added to the cadence.
- Completed: the total number of people who have completed every step of the cadence.
- Removed: Total number of people who have been removed from the cadence prior to completing every step.
Your cadence list offers specific actions like adding tags or archiving unused cadences. Let's take a look at each cadence action.
To set tags and manage them from the cadence list, follow these steps:
- Find the cadence you would like to add the tag to and select the three horizontal dots.
- Select Manage Tags.
- To add a new tag, type the name of the tag you want to apply and hit Add.
- To remove a tag, under Tags, click the x next to the tag name you want to remove.
- Hit Save.
Copy A Cadence
Personal Cadences (non-Team Cadences) can only be run by the cadence's owner. If you know a teammate has had success with a particular cadence, you can copy it and use that cadence yourself.
Copying a cadence will copy all of the steps including email templates, but will not copy any of the people in the cadence.
Things to Note: Are you an admin? You can see and copy all of your teammates' cadences including the private ones! You can also copy cadences to a different member of your team.
To copy a cadence, follow the steps below:
- Click the three horizontal dots of the cadence you would like to copy.
- Hit Copy.
- Confirm you want to copy the cadence.
- The cadence is copied! Now you can adjust any settings of the cadence, add people, and run the cadence yourself.
Make a Cadence Private
Shareable cadences must be unlocked to everyone. If a cadence is private, you cannot share it, and it will be marked by the lock icon to the right of the cadence name.
To disable cadence sharing and make a cadence private, follow these steps:
- Find the cadence you want to make private and click the ellipsis (three dots) icon.
- Select Make Private.
- A message will popup to confirm your choice. Click Set to Private.
If you have made a cadence private and would like to share it, select the ellipsis, and select Make Public.
Archive a Cadence
Once a template becomes out of date or is no longer of use to you, you will likely want to get rid of it. Your first instinct is probably to delete the template, but not so fast.
Deleting a cadence removes all data that is associated with that template from SalesLoft. So metrics you have gathered (reply, clicks, opens) will all be lost if you hit delete.
SalesLoft best practice is to Archive your old cadences. Archiving removes the template from your view, but retains all the (important) data!
To archive a cadence:
- Select the ellipses of the cadence you would like to archive.
- Click the "archive" icon. Archiving a cadence removes it from your cadence listview, but you can view archived cadences by selecting "Include Archived" under the filtering option.
Delete a Cadence
For cadences that you want completely removed from your SalesLoft record, you have the option to delete them. Deleted cadences cannot be recovered and the data is gone.
SalesLoft best practice is to archive previously used cadences.
To delete a cadence:
- Select the cadence by clicking the ellipses to the left of the cadence details.
- Click Delete.
- A message will pop up asking if you are sure you want to delete the cadence. Click Delete.