Managers and admins know the importance of creating controlled, “best practice” content, messaging, and processes for their team. In SalesLoft, admins can create and deploy Team Cadences to control and disperse an entire multi-step communication process to all SalesLoft users through central cadences.
Team Cadences allow leaders to control and qualify sales messaging, quickly align with marketing initiatives, and seamlessly initiate team-wide campaigns. Releasing the same content within a codified sales process also simplifies the onboarding of new reps and reduces the stress for new reps to create their own messaging.
In addition, if any changes are made to the cadence as a result of new initiatives or performance enhancements, the updates will be released to all users that work with that cadence.
In this article, we will go over the ins and outs of team cadences, including:
- Who Can Create Team Cadences?
- Create a Team Cadence
- Convert a Personal Cadence to a Team Cadence
- Assign People to Users in a Team Cadence
- What if I want to assign people to multiple users on my team?
- Reassigning Steps
- Team Cadence User Interface
- Team Cadence Stats
Team Cadences can only be created by Team Admins or users with specific Team Cadence permissions.
Team Cadences have the concept of ownership (unlike Team Templates), which is separate from the concept of accessibility. This allows adherence to visibility settings in Groups. Team Cadences can be owned by any member of the team, though only admins with the permissions can actually edit or manage them. So users can still filter to those owned by a specific user, and a team admin could change ownership of a Team Cadence to a user, who can then see and own a Team Cadence but cannot edit or manage it.
When it comes to creating team cadences, the building process is the pretty much the same as building a personal cadence. But there are a few things to be aware of when creating a team cadence.
Team Cadences may involve a little more planning than a personal cadence since we encourage you to align with marketing and set key initiatives for your entire sales team. Once your process is ready to, follow these steps to create a Team Cadence:
- Navigate to the Cadences tab
- Select Add Cadence.
- On the Create a Cadence page, fill in the name and cadence settings out just like you would when creating a personal cadence.
- Under Sharing Settings, click the Cadence Type drop-down and switch the type from Personal Cadence to Team Cadence.
- Assign your cadence stages (recommended, but not required).
- Hit Save Cadence
- Your Team Cadence has now been created! From the Cadence overview, you can now add steps to finish building the cadence.
Have a cadence that you previously created or tested that you would like to provide your entire team? You can convert a Personal Cadence into a Team Cadence from the individual cadence settings.
To change an existing cadence from a Personal to a Team Cadence follow the instructions below:
- Select the Cadence you would like to convert to a Team Cadence.
- From the Cadence Overview Page, click the Settings tab.
- In your Cadence Settings, scroll to Sharing Settings and select Cadence Type from the drop-down. Choose either Personal or Team. This can be done during cadence creation or changed on an existing cadence.
With multiple users accessing the same cadence within Team Cadences, how do you know which user is accountable for a person or list of people within the cadence?
In Team Cadences, users can have people assigned to them. The "assigned to" user is the rep accountable for running the email, call, or other steps associated to those People in the Cadence -- i.e. what's due on a cadence would be assigned to that rep.
By default, the "assigned to" user is the person who imports the people into SalesLoft or adding the people to the cadence. The SalesLoft owner will remain the same, but the user the cadence is assigned to will manage the person through the Team Cadence.
Here’s an example:
Johanna is a team admin, and she wants to her recent hire, Nathan, to prospect ten leads. Johanna can import the list to SalesLoft, add those leads to a team cadence, and then assign them to Nathan. The people will be owned in SalesLoft by Johanna, but the people will appear in Nathan’s Cadence To-Do list and he is accountable for running the email, call, or other steps associated to those People in the Cadence.
Follow the instruction below to distribute an import list across multiple users.
- Complete your import from Salesforce or a CSV.
- Go to the People tab.
- Filter & Sort your people list by Import. Select your most recent import.
- Select specific People by checking the boxes to the left of their names. The Cadence Actions will appear above, click Add to Cadence (Rocketship icon).
- From the Add People to Cadence menu, select Team Cadences.
- At the bottom of the Add People to Cadence box, be sure Assign to is checked. In the drop-down, select the user you want to assign the people to.
- Click Add to Cadence.
If you need to divvy up your pipeline to other SalesLoft users, Team Cadences allow you to do so by reassigning people to other users. Or maybe you'd like to see the progress other team members have made within a Team Cadence by filtering people based on the user they've been "assigned to."
Reassigning and filtering can be used together to easily search for all the steps a user has assigned to them, so you can keep them accountable or reassign those steps to another team member if your prospects need to be distributed. These features will allow the sales process to continue seamlessly, while easily managing changes in staffing or workload.
To reassign cadence steps for a person in a Team Cadence by the Assigned To filter option, follow these steps:
- Navigate to either the In Progress filter or a particular step on the People tab inside a Team Cadence.
- Use the Filter & Sort drop down, and filter by the appropriate "Assigned to" option.
- Select People that need to be reassigned using the checkboxes on the left side.
- Choose the Reassign Remaining Steps option from the three-dot menu.
- Scroll through, or type, to find the name of the SalesLoft user you'd like to reassign the remaining steps to.
- Select that SalesLoft user and click the blue Reassign Steps button.
- This would reassign all remaining steps in the Cadence to the SalesLoft user you have selected, for all people selected.
Team Cadences will appear like Personal Cadence in most ways. You can easily determine whether or not you are viewing a team cadence by the orange Team Cadence label, next to the cadence name.
Depending on how your team’s permissions are set, users will see various parts of the Team Cadence. Admins with Manage Team Cadence permissions can see all tabs (Overview, People, Calls, Emails, Settings).
The stats or metrics for a Team Cadence include all cadence stats for the entire team, not the stats of individual reps using that Cadence. However, people Due will reflect only steps assigned to that particular rep viewing and running the Cadence.