The individual cadence goes beyond creating your sales process into a series of steps. It allows you to manage your cadence, from small details to bulk people actions. You can even dive into call and email logs to review cadence activities and boost your success.
In this article, we will break down each tab within the cadence, including:
- Inside the Cadence Toolbar
- The Cadence Overview Tab
- The Cadence People Tab
- The Cadence Call Tab
- The Cadence Email Tab
- The Cadence Activity Report Tab
- The Cadence Settings Tab
The cadence toolbar contains the following buttons to let you view completed cadence activities and take additional cadence actions outside of your cadence workflow:
- Overview: AKA your cadence’s home page. Clicking Overview takes you to the overview page to see a complete layout of your cadence
- People: A list of the people who are working or have previously run through the cadence. The cadence people tab lets you filter, sort, and take actions on a specific cadence level.
- Calls: A comprehensive list of all calls completed in the cadence.
- Emails: A comprehensive list of all emails sent in the cadence.
- Settings: Your cadence settings mimic the Create a Cadence page. Here you can adjust and control your overall cadence settings.
The cadence overview page shows the complete outline of your cadence’s layout including the days, steps, templates, and instructions that compose your cadence. Whenever you create a cadence or when you access a cadence from the cadence tab, you will be taken to the cadence overview page.
Before we dive into the specific actions and functions you can accomplish from the cadence overview, let’s break down the overview layout:
The first thing you will see in the top left corner of the cadence overview is your cadence’s name. The cadence name remains in the top left of every page of the cadence so you are always aware which cadence you are working in or viewing. Team Cadences will be marked with the orange Team Cadences label to the right of the cadence name.
The tabs within your cadence to edit and view cadence details.
The cadence actions dropdown menu provides different functions you can perform within the individual cadence. The available cadence actions include:
- Add Step: Create an additional step in the cadence.
- Add Person: Manually add a person to SalesLoft as well as the cadence.
- Import People: Import a list of individuals from a CSV file to SalesLoft and the cadence, or view instructions on how to complete an import from Salesforce.
- Export Steps: Creates a downloadable CSV file of cadence specific information include steps and metrics.
- Export People: Creates a downloadable CSV file or the people who are currently working or who have previously completed the cadence.
Below the cadence toolbar, you will see the cadence stats. These numbers reflect the comprehensive activity of the cadence. The stats include:
- Calls: Number of calls logged in the cadence.
- Emails: Number of emails sent in the cadence.
- Bounces: Number of emails that have bounced in the cadence.
- Opens: Number of emails that have been opened from the cadence.
- Clicks: Number of emails that contain links that have been clicked from the cadence.
- Replies: Number of emails that have been replied to from the cadence.
Your cadence day is when your cadence step will run.
Here’s the important thing to note with your cadences. You day count isn’t a static calendar of events. Day 1 of your cadence starts on the day you add a person (or people) to the cadence and the schedule falls in line with the start day.
Add/ Edit Step
On the right side of the cadence day information, above your cadence step details, you will see the following buttons:
Cadence Step Details
Your cadence breaks down into the day you will run a task and the number of steps within the cadence. This allows you to complete multiple steps on the same day.
Step #: Type: You cadence steps are the tasks or actions you will take within your cadence. There are three types of steps you can have within your cadence and each step view varies depending on a step. The steps are listed out as follows:
- Email Step: Designated by the envelope icon.
- Template Name: Each email used will have a designated name. If the email is a saved template, using the template will contribute to template specific stats.
- Template Labels: Right next to your template you may see a boxed template label. The labels include the following:
- Saved (green): Saved templates were either chosen from your template list or were composed while creating your cadence and saved later. Either way, a saved template gathers metrics and can be used in other cadences and one-off emails.
- Team (orange): Any templates used within your cadence that are saved as Team Templates.
- Email Stats: Comprehensive breakdown of the email stats specific to this cadence step
- Sent: Total number of emails sent using this cadence steps.
- Views: Percentage of emails views over the number of emails sent.
- Clicks: Percentage of emails that contain links that were clicked over the number of emails sent.
- Replies: Percentage of emails that received replies over the number of emails sent.
- Phone Step: Designated by the phone icon.
- Phone Step Name: Designated name of the phone step. Common examples include, “Intro Call,” “Follow up Call,” “Call + Voicemail.”
- Instructions: Written out instructions on what should take place on your calls.
- Calls Made: the Total number of calls made while running this cadence step.
- Other Step: Designated by the speech bubbles icon.
- Other Step Name: Designated name of the Other step. Since your other step is any recurring action you want to take within your cadence, outside of emails and calls, the name will let you know what action to take. Common examples include, “LinkedIn Follow,” “Handwritten note,” “Send Cupcakes.”
- Instructions: Written out instructions on what should take place for your other step.
Cadence Step by the Numbers: Below each step details, you will see the following labels. They will breakdown the number of people currently active in the cadence.
- Scheduled: Specifically for email steps. People who have had emails scheduled for a later time, whether it be in the next hour or maybe another day.
- Due: People that are to be run on that calendar day. These people will show up in your Cadences To Do list on the dashboard.
- In Progress: People that are on the step but the step is not due yet.
Variant Actions: The ellipses icon (three dots) on the right side of your cadence step details opens the variant actions drop down menu. Each cadence step is considered a variant, meaning it is a version of that step that will collect data. Variants allow you to use A/B testing and experiment with different types of messages. For more information on the variant actions and A/B testing, please check out our Edit a Cadence knowledge base article.
The people tab within each individual cadence shows a comprehensive look at every person in that cadence and allows you to take cadence actions on an individual person or people in bulk.
The cadence call tab offers the exact same visibility into your call behavior provided by the general calls page, but for specific cadences.
The cadence call tab provides the following information:
- Name: Who was called.
- Disposition: The logged disposition.
- Sentiment: The logged sentiment.
- Notes: Any notes that were logged with the call.
- Duration: How long the call lasted. The duration is recorded in seconds.
- Recording: If your call was recorded, click Listen to Recording to hear the call recording. Calls without recordings will be listed as No Recording.
- Called At: When the call took place.
- Export CSV: Downloaded CSV file of the call data listed.
The Cadence email tab offers the exact same visibility into your email sends provided by the general Emails page, but on a granular level for the individual cadence emails.
The cadence email tab provides the following information:
- To: The person that received the email
- Subject: The email's subject line
- Status: Outcome of the email, whether it's Sending, Sent, or Cancelled
- Sent At: Time the email was sent
Your cadence activity report gives you a quick, comprehensive look at the activity that has taken place over a selected time range.
- Date Range: Above the activity report, you will find the date range. The activity shown in the report is subject to the selected date range. By default, the date range will be set to the last seven calendar days (not including the current day). You can select the date range to expand or limit your time range.
- Email Activity: Visual report or the emails, views, clicks, and replies that have occurred within the cadence.
- Call Activity: Visual report of the calls completed within the cadence.
The Cadence Settings tab allows you to set rules that will apply to the entire cadence.
Does the page look familiar? The settings page is built just like the Create a Cadence page. So if you ever want to edit those details after a cadence has been created, you can.
For more information on the Cadence Settings tab, check out the Create a Cadence layout breakdown.