Salesforce has become a primary hub for most companies’ customer management needs.
But, let’s be honest, the amount of data Salesforce provides can be a bit overwhelming to the average user. In order to maintain the most accurate and up-to-date information, you could find yourself spending a portion of your day updating fields and logging completed tasks.
SalesLoft makes managing Salesforce a whole lot easier. By connecting your SalesLoft and Salesforce accounts you can import Leads or Contacts and run your activities from the engagement platform that will take care of the logging for you. This way all of your data stays up-to-date and you spend a fraction of the time keeping up with your Salesforce account.
In this article, we will break down the SalesLoft and Salesforce integration, including:
- Connecting to Your Salesforce Account
- Install Connect for Salesforce
- The Connect for Salesforce Side Panel
- Salesforce Activity Logs
Before you can take advantage of SalesLoft's Salesforce integration, you must connect your Salesforce account to your SalesLoft account. This is required in order for activities you log in SalesLoft to sync to Salesforce as completed Tasks records.
To connect to your Salesforce account, follow these steps:
- Click the dropdown menu under your name and select Settings. Then select CRM.
- Click Connect.
- You will be directed to your Salesforce login page. Log in to connect your SalesLoft account to Salesforce.
- Once you are connected, you will see the Salesforce username you are connected to on your CRM Settings page.
Before you Loft emails, view SalesLoft People information, and execute Cadences from your Salesforce account, you need to install the SalesLoft Google Chrome Extension.
You can download the Chrome extension from the Downloads page under your SalesLoft Personal Settings or click the link here.
After the extension has been installed, you will gain access to SalesLoft features within your Salesforce instance!
While there are many SalesLoft actions you can take on Lead and Contact records using Connect for Salesforce, a large portion of the functionality occurs within the Connect for Salesforce side panel. From the side panel, you can view SalesLoft Person info and run Cadences.
To access the Connect for Salesforce side panel, click on the SalesLoft logo on the right-hand side of the page. The side panel will appear on the right side of your page.
If you wish to close the panel, simply select the X in the upper right corner of the panel.
Once you begin completing your activities, you want the assurance that the activity is correctly being logged to Salesforce. Unfortunately, log errors happen due to one reason or another.
The good news is that we provide you with Salesforce Notifications on the top navigation bar to keep you aware in the event that any activities fail to log. Also, this shows your Salesforce status — whether you are connected or disconnected to your Salesforce instance.
Where is this notification? It's represented by the lightning bolt icon on the top nav menu. If an activity has failed to log to Salesforce, you will see a notification on the lightning bolt icon. Failed activities display an error message, and allow you to retry the failed activity.
To view your failed Salesforce activity logs, follow these steps:
- Click the lightning bolt icon in the upper right corner.
- A dropdown menu will appear with your most recent Salesforce activity failures. The failure will include the activity that failed and an error message for why the failure occurred. Use the error message to address the issue. If necessary, escalate the error to your team admin.
- Once the error has been addressed, click Retry to attempt to log the activity again.
If you have many error messages, you can click View All at the bottom of the dropdown menu. This will show all of the failing Salesforce activities that have occurred.
- Use the Filter & Sort button to filter by the failed activities of:
- A specific team member
- Your entire team
- Just your own
- You may also sort the list by:
- The user's last name
- The SalesLoft Person's last name, and who the record will log to in Salesforce
- The subject of the Salesforce activity
- The error message
- Click on Retry all team (past month) to attempt to sync all failing activities from the past month.