The Salesforce Activity Dashboard Package gives insights into your rep’s daily and weekly activities. By installing the dashboard you can quickly view email metrics (click and reply rates by rep), call metrics (call connection and voicemails left by rep), and account penetration (the number of leads, contacts, and accounts your reps are currently working in SalesLoft).
This SalesLoft Dashboard Package was available for installation through the SalesLoft platform prior to February 1, 2019. The install included a dashboard in Salesforce that reports the most valuable SalesLoft Cadence activity data.
Things to Note: This dashboard is no longer available within the SalesLoft platform.
In this article, you will learn about the SalesLoft Dashboard packages set up and management, including:
- Requirements to Meet Before You Begin
- Salesforce Reports Created
- Salesforce Fields Created
- Installing the SalesLoft Activity Dashboard
- You must be a SalesLoft admin as well as a Salesforce admin (or at least have permissions to create custom fields in Salesforce) to install the dashboard package successfully.
- You must be simultaneously logged into your SalesLoft and Salesforce accounts in the Chrome internet browser.
- The dashboard package will create additional fields in your Salesforce instance. Salesforce allows a finite number of custom fields on the activity object. Before you install the dashboard package, verify you have not reached your activity field limit. Here's a breakdown of the number of fields per object created for each dashboard package:
- SalesLoft Activity Dashboard: 22 total fields
- Contact: 1 field
- Account: 1 fields
- Activity: 19 fields
- SalesLoft Activity Dashboard: 22 total fields
This dashboard contains the following reports:
- Active Accounts, Contacts, and Leads: Sum of active Accounts, Contacts, and Leads in the last 14 days summarized by rep. If you are not using Leads, you can take this report out.
- Emails Today: # of emails sent today by rep.
- Emails this Week: # of emails sent this week by rep.
- Click and Reply rate: reply rate and click rate by rep.
- Calls Today: # of calls made today by rep.
- Calls this Week: # of calls made this week by rep.
- Connected Rate and Voicemail Rate: connected rate and voicemail rate by rep.
The SalesLoft Dashboard package creates the following fields on the activity object in your Salesforce. All newly added fields, with the exception of Call Disposition, will be labeled as "SalesLoft (Field Name).” By creating these fields, you can easily map them in your Activity Field Configuration so that all the activity logs will sync between SalesLoft and Salesforce:
|Field Label||API Name||Object||Data Type|
|Call Disposition (old)||Call_Disposition__c||Activity||Text(255)|
|Connected Count||Connected_Count__c||Activity||Formula (Number)|
|SalesLoft Cadence External ID||SalesLoft_External_Identifier__c||Activity||Text(255)|
|SalesLoft Cadence ID||SalesLoft_Cadence_ID__c||Activity||Text(50)|
|SalesLoft Cadence Name||SalesLoft_Cadence_Name__c||Activity||Text(200)|
|SalesLoft Clicked Count||SalesLoft_Clicked_Count__c||Activity||Number(18, 0)|
|SalesLoft Email Template ID||SalesLoft_Email_Template_ID__c||Activity||Text(50)|
|SalesLoft Email Template Title||SalesLoft_Email_Template_Title__c||Activity||Text(200)|
|SalesLoft Reply Count||SalesLoftReplyCount__c||Activity||Number(18, 0)|
|SalesLoft Step Day||SalesLoft_Step_Day_new__c||Activity||Number(18, 0)|
|SalesLoft Step ID||SalesLoft_Step_ID__c||Activity||Text(50)|
|SalesLoft Step Name||SalesLoft_Step_Name__c||Activity||Text(200)|
|SalesLoft Step Type||SalesLoft_Step_Type__c||Activity||Text(100)|
|SalesLoft Viewed Count||SalesLoft_Viewed_Count__c||Activity||Number(18, 0)|
|Unique Click Count||Unique_Click_Count__c||Activity||Formula (Number)|
|Unique Reply Count||Unique_Reply_Count__c||Activity||Formula (Number)|
|Unique View Count||Unique_View_Count__c||Activity||Formula (Number)|
|Voicemail Count||Voicemail_Count__c||Activity||Formula (Number)|
|Active Lead||Active_Lead__c||Lead||Formula (Number)|
|Active Contact (14 days)||Active_Contact_14_days__c||Contact||Formula (Number)|
|Active Accounts (14 days)||Active_Accounts_14_days__c||Account||Formula (Number)|
The following fields are NOT created with the Dashboard Package. Check out the Recommended Activity Fields for more information on these fields, here.
- Bounced: Manually add as a custom activity field in Salesforce
- Call Duration: Standard Salesforce Activity field type, so it already exists.
- Call Sentiment: Manually add as a custom activity field in Salesforce
- Call To: Manually add as a custom activity field in Salesforce
To download and install the SalesLoft Activity Dashboard Package follow the instructions below:
If you are not a Salesforce admin, please contact your company’s Salesforce admin, create a temporary SalesLoft admin account for them, and have them follow these instructions to install the dashboard. You can then deactivate their SalesLoft account once the installation is complete.
1. Head to your Settings. Then under the Your Settings section, click on the Downloads tab.
2. Install to your live production or install to a Sandbox, depending on which Salesforce environment you're connecting to your SalesLoft account. If you are not already logged in with your Salesforce username and password, you will be asked if you have a Salesforce username and if you are a Salesforce admin.
3. On the confirm installation page, read and agree to the terms & conditions. Click Install. Once you hit install, fields will be created on the activity level and the dashboard will be created with the previously listed reports.
4. Select Install for All Users on the Package Installation Details page to ensure all users have permissions to write into the custom activity fields that will be created by this process. Otherwise, they will get errors notifying of failing Salesforce activities.
5. Go back into SalesLoft and navigating to the Field Configuration tab under Team Settings. Then select the Activity Fields tab.
6. Map the Recommended Activity Fields. These fields will contribute directly to the dashboard package and provide you with the best data, so you want to map them to ensure they'll sync.
7. Once the dashboard package has been installed and the activity fields are mapped, you may view and edit the dashboard package to best fit your team. Log into Salesforce and click on the Dashboards tab. You may need to navigate to the drop-down menu labeled Find a dashboard to select SalesLoft Dashboard Package.
8. Click on each individual report to customize them based on your company's needs. For example, your company may have a Sales and SDR team. You may want to duplicate the dashboard and filter to show only the Sales or SDR team.