Field mapping is an easy and efficient way to transfer data between Salesforce and the SalesLoft Platform. You can use field mapping to
- Import contact information from Salesforce
- Have Salesforce leads and contacts automatically be updated as they're updated in SalesLoft
- Track SalesLoft activity in Salesforce
Use this checklist when creating your Salesforce fields to ensure your field mapping is seamless!
1. Salesforce Field Type:
Platform only supports the following types of Salesforce fields:
- Text fields
- Single picklists
- Checkboxes (use "true" or "false" in all lowercase letters)
- Number fields (for mapping SalesLoft metrics only)
2. Permission Sets/Roles/Accessibility:
- Ensure all of your team members have access to edit the standard or custom field
- Fields must be set as "Read & Edit" or "Visible"
- Fields cannot be "Read-Only" or "Admin Only"
3. Field Location:
- After creating the field, it must be located on the lead or contact page layout
4. Lead Assignment Rules:
- Use "Do Not Reassign Owner" lead rules to prevent leads from potentially being reassigned as they are updated in SalesLoft