SalesLoft combines with your mail server to send genuine one-to-one emails to your prospects. If you receive an email error in SalesLoft, you may need to change your mail server's configurations to successfully connect your email.
Below are some common problems you may encounter with your email, along with some tips and resources to help you troubleshoot, including:
- Username or Password Invalid
- Connection to Server Timed Out
- Email Client Not Configured
- Login Failed
- Access Denied
- Exchange Synchronization Has Stopped
- Invalid Server or Port
- Maximum request length exceeded. Attachment is too large.
- Problem with IMAP Server
- This IMAP Server is Not Supported
- Unknown Host
- Template Format Error
- Template Font Error
The username and password provided in SalesLoft are being rejected by your mail server.
To solve the issue, follow these solutions:
- Re-enter the username and password: If you are including the @domainname.com in your username, try entering it without the domain name, and vice versa.
- Make sure you have access to connect to your company's mail server via IMAP/SMTP. Please check with your IT administrator.
- Ensure that your account has been given permission for TLS Authentication. Please check with your IT administrator.
SalesLoft is unable to connect with your server.
Have your IT administrator or team verify each of the following solutions:
- The server and port numbers provided to SalesLoft are correct.
- SalesLoft's IP address and respective ports are whitelisted. When our server’s IP addresses with the respective ports have not been whitelisted by your IT administrator, the connections will be blocked. Learn more about whitelisting SalesLoft's IP addresses here.
An error occurred while sending your email batch. This is usually due to a temporary connection issue with your mail server.
To solve the connection issue, re-verify and save your SMPT/IMAP protocols by navigating to your Personal Settings then Emails. Once your protocols are re-verified, you can attempt your email send again.
The mail server rejected the connection when SalesLoft attempted to send the email.
Re-verify and save your SMPT/IMAP protocols by navigating to "Settings" then "Emails." Once your protocols are re-verified, simply navigate back to the email step and run it again.
SalesLoft has lost connection to your email’s inbox. This is usually a result of an email password change.
To resolve this issue, go to your email settings page and re authorize your email account connection.
Something has disrupted SalesLoft’s connection to your ActiveSync email account.
You may refresh the system by re-authing your ActiveSync email account. To initiate the re-auth, go to the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync line on the SalesLoft Email settings page. If the error message still exists, please contact support.
The error, "Sending temporarily unavailable due to Exchange server throttling policy," is coming directly from your team's exchange email server. Sending has been temporarily throttled in an attempt to battle messages that your server believes are spam.
Your IT contact would know more about the policy as it is unique to each server and stands alone from a SalesLoft. The only thing we limit is the amount of emails that you can send on a daily basis.
In an effort to lower the threshold, admins can increase the time in between sent emails from the Email Team Settings. Also, we recommend sending messages in smaller batches.
To solve the error message, cancel all pending emails via the Emails page. You can send the emails at a later time, once the error has been lifted.
The port numbers provided to SalesLoft are incorrect.
Verify your port numbers with your IT administrator.
This error occurs specifically when the message length exceeds the set size limit. SalesLoft allows up to 10MB of attachments per email sent.
Your Outlook email server could also have a size limit that is causing this error. Specifically for Office365 users, the email server limits attachments to 2MB.
We recommend to decrease the size of your attachments and resend the message.
Your company mail server is not configured properly to integrate with SalesLoft.
Confirm with your IT administrator that your email server is configured correctly. These settings are found in the Email tab of your Personal Settings.
UIDPLUS is not enabled or advertised as available. UIDPLUS is required for SalesLoft functionality.
Ask your IT administrator to verify you are on the minimum version of Exchange 2013 and enable the UIDPLUS extension in order to be compatible with SalesLoft.
The server name provided to SalesLoft is incorrect.
Ask your IT administrator to ensure DNS is configured properly for external communication.
Template Format Error
SalesLoft changed from its former editing platform to the Tiny MCE editor. TinyMCE uses HTML 5 formatting on its backend. Due to this, some templates may experience formatting issues during the rollout of the new editor.
If you experience styling errors in your existing templates, follow these steps:
- Preview your templates! This will ensure you don't send anything wonky to a prospect.
- In the event that you find an error (spacing is off, .etc), go to to Templates tab and find the template that contains the error.
- Edit the template to correct the issue.
- Quick tip: Select the text and enable Plain Text Mode (the T with the slash through it). This removes the text formatting in your email, including code elements, and will let format accordingly.
- Save the template.
Template Font Error
If the font in your templates look different than the the previous threads, this is likely a result of the recent editor update.
When content created in the former SalesLoft editor is loaded into the new TinyMCE editor, the new editor seeks a default font style (or root element). This default style in SalesLoft is determined by the Team defaults, which set the font/size within the Team Email settings.
If a team default is not in place, TinyMCE sets the default as Arial 11pt.
If you are unsure about a templates font style, send a preview of the email to yourself in order to test the font.
To resolve the issue, you may take the following actions:
- Set a team default.
- Editing the template and save the edited version.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.