The SalesLoft dashboard, or homepage, is your primary port in the SalesLoft platform. You’ll be directed to the dashboard each time you log into SalesLoft. From the dashboard, you can quickly view completed and to-be-completed activities, navigate to any place in the platform, and launch into any tasks you need to take.
To ensure you get the most out of the dashboard, this article will walk you through the dashboard’s layout and features, including:
- The Top Navigation Bar
- Search in SalesLoft
- Submit Product Feedback or Support Tickets
- SalesLoft Side Navigation
- Your Live Feed
- Your Reminders
- Your Cadence To-Do List
You will see the SalesLoft top navigation (top nav) bar on every page in the sales platform. Aptly named for its location, the top nav bar provides quick actions within the SalesLoft platform as well as additional resources.
The top nav bar contains the following:
Side Navigation menu options: Represented by the three vertical dashes at the top left of the page. This button expands the Side Navigation toolbar so you can see the name of each icon.
SalesLoft: Clicking the SalesLoft icon will take you to your SalesLoft dashboard.
Search: Global search to find people or companies in the SalesLoft platform.
Live Feed: Represented by the icon that looks like a heartbeat monitor. Provides real-time alerts of your emails’ tracking activity.
Dial Pad: Opens the dialer in the bottom right corner of the platform.
Need Help?: Represented by a question mark icon. Provides additional helpful resources including:
- Related Articles: Provides relevant Knowledge Base articles that answer commonly asked questions related to that page
- SalesLoft University: Provides full lessons on how to use SalesLoft and common best practices to master your sales engagement.
- Community Forum: Takes you to our community forum where you can discuss best practices with fellow SalesLoft users.
- Knowledge Base: Takes you to support.salesloft.com for information and instructions on SalesLoft and its features (you are here).
- Submit Feedback: Allows you to provide feedback that our product team will review to improve SalesLoft.
Salesforce Notifications: Represented by the lightning bolt icon. Displays your Salesforce status, whether you are connected or disconnected. Also shows any failing Salesforce activities. Failed activities display an error message, and allow you to retry the failed activity.
Your name: Your name in the upper right corner of the SalesLoft platform isn’t just to let you know that this is your account. Clicking your name opens the main menu dropdown. From this drop-down you can access:
- Settings: Your SalesLoft personal settings that allow you to edit your profile information.
- Product Changes: Represented by the wrapped present icon, product changes announce any recent SalesLoft product developments. If there is a new product announcement you will see a red dot next to your name on the menu bar.
- Support: Redirects you to SalesLoft’s Knowledge Base.
Log Out: Sign out of SalesLoft.
The global search functionality allows you to search for any company or person in your SalesLoft instance.
The search bar is located in the top bar of the platform. No matter where you are in the platform, you can access the search functionality.
Search by a person’s name or company’s name, as well as phone number, email address, or SalesLoft profile ID (if you’re a numbers rockstar who has that information at the top of your mind).
Using the search bar is as easy as typing in the search info and selecting the person or company. However, there are a few tricks to optimize your search results:
- Type AND or OR: Adding “AND” or “OR” to your search line expands your results.
- Use the wildcard (*): If you do not remember a first name, last name, or the name of a company, the wildcard (*) provides a list of possible matches.
- Quotation Marks: To be precise, use quotation marks around your search.
Do you have an idea you would like to share with the SalesLoft product team or feedback about the app? Or are you running into a technical issue that needs tech support? If you have a suggestion that can help us improve SalesLoft, we want to hear it! And for the technical issues, we want to help!
To submit feedback or submit a support ticket, follow the instructions listed below:
- Navigate to the help dropdown (the question mark icon located in the upper right corner).
- Click Submit Feedback within the drop-down.
- Select the nature of your feedback. The options are:
- I have a question or need help. Will submit a ticket to email@example.com
- I have an idea on how to make SalesLoft better. Directs feedback to SalesLoft's product team.
- Enter any suggestions you may have in the Your Feedback dialogue box.
- Add your email address in the field below the feedback box.
- Hit Send Feedback. The Feedback box will close and you will see a popup notification that your ticket or feedback has been submitted.
The side navigation (or side nav) will take you anywhere you need to go within the platform. Want to see a comprehensive list of people? Add new templates? Check out your analytics? Select the icon from the side nav to go to whatever page you want.
If you prefer to see the label associated with the icon, select the triple dash icon located in the upper left-hand corner of the SalesLoft platform. The icon will transform into an arrow and the side nav will expand.
The side nav contains the following icons:
- Home (house icon): Takes you to the SalesLoft dashboard.
- Cadences (rocketship icon): Takes you to the cadences page.
- Companies (building icon): Takes you to the companies page.
- People (person icon): Takes you to the people page.
- Emails (envelope icon): Takes you to the email page.
- Calls (phone icon): Takes you to the calls page.
- Templates (page icon): Takes you to the templates page.
- Snippets (open parenthesis icon): Takes you to the snippets page.
- Analytics (bar graph icon): Takes you to the analytics page.
- Live Web Tracking (tracker icon): Takes you to the live website tracking page. Must be enabled for users to appear in the side nav.
SalesLoft offers the best in email tracking technology to provide you with real-time alerts when your prospects interact with your emails, including viewing the email, clicking a link or replying.
The feed is visible on your dashboard, and you can also view it while on any other page by clicking on the Live Feed icon at the top of the page.
From the Live Feed, click a person's name to access their personal profile page, or click the email link for a granular view of the interaction with the email, including the reply text.
You can see the entire history of your Live Feed by clicking View All Events at the bottom of your feed in the dashboard or drop-down menu. You will be taken to a dedicated live feed page. Here, you can look at the history of interactions with your emails and filter the data by notification type.
Your reminders act like virtual post-it notes that you can see on your dashboard or on a person’s profile page.
From the dashboard, you can see a list of reminders to keep you on top of your activities. Segment the reminders to see which are due today, over the week, over the next month, or hit Show All to see a list of all the reminders you’ve created.
Start executing your cadence steps with the click of a button from your cadences to do list. If any person in SalesLoft is due on a step, they will appear in your to-do list. This is the best way for you to know that you have tasks that need to be completed.
To use the cadences to-do list, find the step activity you would like to begin and click Run Step. The cadence side panel will appear, you will be taken to the profile page of the first person in the cadence list, and you can run your step from there. Below the list of cadence steps, you will see the Add People button. If you have designated a Daily People Target while creating the cadence, you will see a reminder to add people to the cadence each day. Otherwise, you can add more people to the cadence from the dashboard at any time by hitting Add People.