People in SalesLoft are just like your leads and contacts in Salesforce. Your SalesLoft people are the individuals that you reach out to, have conversations with, and engage throughout the sales process.
You can manage all of the people in your SalesLoft instance from the People Page. This page is designed to help you import, sort, filter and take action on individuals or multiple people at a time. To access the people page, select the person icon (it looks like a peg from the game Life).
There are a lot of available features and visible information on the people page. In this article, we will walk through the different features and views, including:
- The People Page Layout
- Filter & Sort People
- Saved People Views
- Export People
- Update the People Owner
- Assign People to a Cadence
- Add People to a Company
- Send a One-off Email
- Update People Stages
- Manage People Tags
The people page is designed to help you import, sort, filter and take action on individuals or multiple people at a time. Let’s walk through the layout of the page.
Filter & Sort: Allows you to refine your list of people into specific segments.
People Actions Tab
General actions that add to or provide additional activity from the people page. To access either of these actions, go to your People page, and select People Actions in the top right corner. These actions include:
- Adding a person
- Importing people
- Exporting people
- Viewing your import history
Allows you to search for a specific person or group of people. To use the search bar, follow these steps:
- In the search bar, enter the name of a person, company name, or role to define your search.
- Hit the enter key.
- Your people list will then display the search results. The filter bar will appear, defining the search criteria that fits the current list.
- To clear your results, select Clear from the filter bar.
People Filtered Stats
Shows stats based off of the current list filter. The filter stats include:
- All: Total number of people in the current list of people.
- Successes: The number of people who have been marked as success and contain the Success status.
- New: Number of people from the list who have never been contacted and are considered new.
- Bounced: Number of people who have been sent emails that bounced back and contain the Bounced status.
- Opt-out: Number of people who have been marked as Do Not Contact (DNC).
- Starred: Number of people who have been starred. Starred individuals will show that the top of the people list.
The people listview is your comprehensive people list. From the people list, you can quickly view primary people info and select people to take specific actions. You can also filter or sort by these options.
Things to Note: If fields are missing information, they can be edited from the person’s profile page.
Let’s take a look at the different data columns that are on display in the people listview:
- Star: The star icon denotes a SalesLoft “favorite” person. If a person has been “starred” the star icon will be filled in.
- Name: The name of the person.
- Industry: The type of industry of the person’s company.
- Cadence: The name of any cadences the person is currently in. If the person is working through multiple cadences, there will be an icon that displays “# Cadences.
- Stage: The person’s most recent cadence stage.
- Tags: Labels attached to the person. Selecting a tag will filter the list by that tag.
- Status: Icon that displays the person’s status. Status options include:
- Do Not Contact
- Stats: Metrics affiliated with that person based on their activity. You may see a chart icon. Hover over the icon to see the person’s stats. The stats shown include:
- Emails Sent
- Emails with Opens
- Emails Clicked
- Emails with Replies
- Owner: SalesLoft user who owns the person. The owner defaults to the user who imported the person unless they are reassigned.
- Last Contacted: When communication with this person was last attempted.
Select People Actions
SalesLoft allows you to do more with people than filter & sort, add new people, and export metrics. By selecting multiple people or an individual person, additional people action items appear at the top of your people list. Click the links for more information on how to complete each action. Below is a list of the available actions:
- Update Owner
- Add to Cadence
Send a one-off email
Add to company
Mark Do Not Contact: Keeps SalesLoft users from engaging with a person in SalesLoft. All the metrics on the person will still exist.
Delete People: Delete's the person from SalesLoft. All metrics associated with that person will also be deleted.
SalesLoft makes it easy to refine your list of people to a selective group using the filter & sort feature.
To filter, click Filter & Sort, then select your filter options. You can filter by:
- Cadence Stage
To sort, click Filter & Sort, then select your sorting options. You can sort by:
- Date Imported
- Cadence Name
- Cadence Stage
- Total Calls
- Email metrics
To remove filtering or sorting, click the Clear link on the toolbar.
Filtering your people list view lets you see a select group of people. Piggybacking off of the filter & sort feature, you can save the refined list you use. This way you can easily access a particular filter without having to set the same filter each time you access the people page.
To save a filtered view, for these instructions:
- Go to the People Page.
- Select Filter & Sort.
- Set your filter or sort the people to your liking. Hit Update.
- In the top right of the page, to the right of People, select the name of the view (should read "My People").
- Enter the new name of your view. Hit Save.
- Once the view has been created you can access it by selecting the view name from the drop-down in the top left corner of the page.
If you’d like to share people metrics outside of SalesLoft you may do so by exporting the people. Exporting will create a CSV file based off of your people list. If the people have been filtered, the export will comply with the filter’s rules.
To export contacts, follow these steps:
- From the people page, click People Actions.
- Select Export People.
- An Exporting pop up will appear asking if you want to export based on the current filter. Click Export.
- A notification will inform you that the export will be delivered to your email.
- When you receive the email, click the link to download the export.
When a person is imported into SalesLoft, they are automatically assigned to, and “owned” by, the user who imported.
Now, while you don’t need to have ownership to email or call a person, they will only show up under “My People” lists if they are owned by you. Plus there are other scenarios where owners may need to switch, like if your sales territory changes or a sales rep moves to a new role or leaves the company.
This is why you can update the owner of a person or select people. To change the owner of people, follow these steps:
- From the people page, filter & sort your people list (if necessary).
- Select the person or multiple people by checking the box to the left of their name.
- Click the Update Owner icon from the select people actions toolbar.
- Select the team member to reassign the people.
From your people list, you can select a number of people and easily add them to a cadence. Execute just the right series of steps based on the people that require action by using status, stage, or tag filters.
Here’s an example: Let’s say a lot of your previous prospects have been set with the stage “Not Interested,” but you’re ready to re-engage those accounts. You can filter your people list and add all of those people to a cadence specifically built to maximize your potential to connect.
To add people to a cadence, follow these steps:
- Go to the People page. Filter & sort your list if you would like.
- Select the Person or People you want to add to a cadence.
- Click the Add to a Cadence icon (the rocket ship).
- Select the cadence you want them to move to.
- The person/people will now be on day 1, step 1 of the cadence.
Assigning people to a company in SalesLoft is similar to connecting a contact in Salesforce to an account. It allows all of the metrics and logged information that is associated with the individual person to link to their company information. This results in complete data regarding your conversations with that company, which can help your sales engagement.
To assign people to a company, follow these steps:
- Select the people you want to assign to a company.
- Click the Add to a Company from the Companies icon (building).
- Type in the company name.
- When the list of companies populates, click Link next to the company name.
Quickly compose an email to an individual person or a select number of people outside of the cadence. Even if you select multiple people, each person will receive an individual email to their inbox.
Things to Note: You can select up to 50 people.
To send a one-off email, follow these steps:
- From the people page, find the people you want to send a one-off email to and click the checkboxes next to their names.
- Click the One-Off Email icon (envelope).
- Draft your one-off email, or select an email template, and send your one-off as normal.
Your people stages act like the status of where a person is in the sales process.
To update people stages in bulk, follow these steps:
- Click the checkboxes next to any person who needs a stage update.
- Select Set Stage by clicking the Stage icon (flag).
- Update the stage.
SalesLoft Tags are labels that you can use to classify and sort different SalesLoft objects together. With tags, you can group together similar people to take quick actions, like add them to a cadence.
From the people page, you can add or remove people tags by following these steps:
- Select the person (or people) you want to add or remove any tags from by clicking the checkbox next to the person’s name.
- When you select a person, a line of people action items will appear at the top of your list. Click the Tags icon.
- To add a tag, click the Add Tags link. Then, type your tag and click add. Continue adding your tags individually, and click Save.
To remove tags, click the Remove Tags link. Then, click the X next to each tag you wish to remove and click Save.