Companies in SalesLoft allow you to see a wide arrange of company details, stats, and activity between you and all of the contacts that are a part of that business. This way you can clearly track your sales process with that particular business and decide which action to take next. So SalesLoft companies are crucial to anyone using an Account-Based Sales approach.
But before you can dive into the company profile page and glean valuable information, you must be sure that company has been created in SalesLoft.
Depending on your team’s Company Management settings, companies may be created when a new person is added based off of the basic company information. If you want to be thorough and add company information first, and then add the right people to the company, SalesLoft gives you multiple ways to create companies.
Things to Note: SalesLoft requires that ALL companies include the company name and domain in order to import accounts.
In this article, you will learn all about how to import companies, including:
- Add a Company
- Import Companies from Salesforce
- Complete Your Companies Import
- Link Companies to their Salesforce Account in Bulk
The first type of import you can complete is manually adding the company from within SalesLoft. This is best for creating single companies at a time, so maybe when you receive a referral.
To add a company in SalesLoft, follow these steps:
- Go to the companies page.
- Select Company Actions.
- Click Add Company.
- Enter the Domain (website) and Name of the company.
- Click Create.
You can import accounts from Salesforce, either one at a time or from a list view. Any accompanying field information will be imported based on your field configurations meaning that you don’t need to enter customized company details manually!
Things to Note: Accounts and Contacts must currently be imported into SalesLoft separately. Importing accounts will ONLY create SalesLoft companies.
Let’s walk through the two methods to import accounts into SalesLoft and then how to complete your companies import.
Import from a Salesforce Account Page
To import directly from the Salesforce account page, follow these steps:
- Go to the Salesforce account you would like to import.
- Click the blue Import to SalesLoft button located above the account details.
- Select Import Account.
- Complete your import.
Import from a Salesforce Account Listview
To import multiple accounts at once, navigate to an account list view in Salesforce, and click the blue Import to Cadence button.
For more detailed instructions, check our Salesforce User Guide.
After you select the import button in Salesforce, you'll be redirected to the SalesLoft company import page. From here, you can see a list of the accounts being imported, and any duplicate conflicts or errors.
Any data fields that have been set in your company field mapping will be brought into SalesLoft. An error page redirecting you to configure your company fields will appear if your company fields are not mapped. If you are not an admin, you must reach out to your team admin to configure company fields. Once the fields are mapped, you can then return to Salesforce and try your import again.
Let’s break down the Complete Your Import page:
Your Companies Import List
You companies import list will provide the company name and domain of each company being imported.
Companies listed in yellow have been previously added to SalesLoft. These names will automatically be unchecked, meaning they will not be included in the import. If you check the names to include them in the import, the company record will be updated with any new information.
Companies that are shaded and contain the warning icon have errors and will not be imported. The reason for the error will be listed in the Domain column.
At the bottom of the import page, use the Add Tags field to choose from existing tags or create your own. Type in the tag you want to use and hit enter. Once you complete your import, the tag will apply to all companies from that import list.
Assign the Owner
Team admins can select which user on your team will own the companies being imported (only one owner can be selected during each import). If you are not an admin, the companies default to you as the owner.
Select Finish Import and you're done! The companies will be created in Salesforce and automatically linked to their Salesforce accounts.
After selecting the Finish Import button, you will be redirected to the company list page in SalesLoft, sorted by most recent activity. This allows you to take any additional actions on the companies in bulk.
Things to Note: If you are an admin and you assigned the companies to another user, the company list view defaults to your companies, so you would need to adjust the filter to see the recent imports.
If you have manually created a company, that company may not automatically be linked to its Salesforce account. With the company linking page, admins can easily manage unlinked companies.
To link companies to their Salesforce Account, team admins should follow these steps:
- From the companies page, click the Company Actions button at the top right.
- Select Link Companies.
- You will be redirected to the company linking page. This page shows all unlinked companies in your team's SalesLoft account. We also indicate the SalesLoft company owner, URL, and the number of people associated with the company in SalesLoft.
- For any unlinked company, we automatically suggest the best match returned by a Salesforce search. The results list includes an external link to that Salesforce account so you can verify that it's the account that you want.
- To search for a new company, click on the Other text box and begin typing a keyword. We will return suggested matches from your Salesforce instance.
- If you do not wish to link the company, opt out entirely by selecting Do not link. You will move to the next page of results. Unlinked companies will continue to show up in the company linking results each time you access the page as they are still unlinked.
- Once you have set your linking preferences, scroll to the bottom of the page. If you have more than 25 companies that are currently not linked, hit Approve and Next to continue linking the next 25 companies. 25 companies will be listed per page.
- Repeat steps 4-7 until all the companies are linked.
- Click Approve and Finish button.