SalesLoft's analytics measure the effectiveness of your sales process. The metrics and reports show allow you to hold your team accountable, and improve the way you sell. The SalesLoft Analytics page houses several useful metric reports that will empower you to take your sales development strategy to the next level.
Things to Note: The reports update once every hour.
In this article, you will learn about managing the analytics tab and using the general reports, including:
- Analytics Toolbar
- Filter by SalesLoft User
- Filter by Time Range
- Export Analytics
- The Overview Tab
- The Success Tab
- The Ranking Tab
- The Process Tab
- The Calls Tab
- The Email Tab
At the top of the analytics page, you will see the toolbar. The toolbar appears on each tab within the analytics page and allows you to navigate to other tabs, filter the data you view, and export metrics to a CSV.
The analytics toolbar contains the following options:
- Filter Options
You can filter reports to see data for a specific group or individual user on your team. This allows admins and users to see how entire teams or individuals are performing.
The user filters include the following options:
- Me: Shows your activity report.
- Everyone: Shows the collected activity of everyone on your SalesLoft team.
- Groups: Shows the select activity of SalesLoft users that belong to a specific group. Groups are set by admins.
- Individual Team Members: Shows the activity report of specific individual users on the team. Restricted to admins or anyone with the filter by teammates permission.
To get the most out of a report, you need to be able to view your data over a specific time period. You may want to see progress over the course of a month, a quarter, or dwindle the record down to see how your engagement has been on this very day.
This is why SalesLoft allows you to filter your analytics by time range. You can choose from a standard time range filter or assign custom dates.
The time range filters include the following options:
- Today: Shows your analytics report for this calendar day. The report starts at 12:00 am. The data shown will include all data that has been collected.
- Yesterday: Shows your analytics reported during the previous day. All days of the week apply (including weekend).
- 7-day: Default time range. Shows your analytics report over the last seven days, including the current day.
- 30-day: Shows your analytics report over the last 30 days, including the current day.
- 90-day: Shows your analytics report over the last 90 days, including the current day.
- Custom: Allows you to pick the specific date range for your analytics report. When you select Custom, the filter box will expand. Select the date box to view a calendar and choose your date range.
Things to Note: If data for a currently occurring or upcoming hour is not available yet, SalesLoft will only display data that has been collected for the day.
As a team admin, you can export your team’s analytics to process your data in a multitude of ways. The export will provide you complete reports with your SalesLoft data. Use these reports in another external database, or easily send the file with company executives and managers to share your team’s progress.
Exporting your Analytics downloads the raw data compiled in each report. The analytics will arrive as a .zip file containing six CSV files, one for each of the analytics reports.
To export your analytics reports, follow these steps:
- From the side nav, click the Analytics icon.
- Set the parameters for the reports you want to export, such as the date range and the group or individual team member.
- Click the Export button.
- Confirm you want to export your reports.
- You'll receive an email when your exported reports are ready to download, this normally takes just a few minutes. Click Download your export here in the email you receive.
The overview analytics tab provides an overall snapshot of your email, phone, and other activity during the specified timeframe. This tab is best for getting a snapshot of your general activity metrics.
Even within your general overview, there’s a lot of information to take in. On the overview tab, you will see the following stats:
- Here’s what we did: At the top of the page, we'll compare your activity to the previous time period.
- History of Activities Completed: The number of daily email, call, and other actions that have been completed.
- Emails Delivered: Number of emails delivered. This counts any emails sent, not just those within a cadence. Any emails that have bounced are subtracted from the email delivered number.
- Percent Change of Emails Delivered: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Emails Opened: Number of emails opened.
- Emails Clicked: Number of emails with links that were clicked.
- Emails Replied: Number of emails replied to.
- Calls Made: Number of calls made and logged. This counts any calls logged in SalesLoft, not just those within a cadence.
- Percent Change of Calls Made: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Positive Conversations: Number of calls with the sentiment Interested, Timeline 6-12 Months, or Demo Set.
- Voicemails: Number of calls with the disposition Left Voicemail.
- Other Steps Completed: Number of Other steps that have been completed.
The Success tab provides insight on how long it takes you to accomplish your goal with a prospect. As a team, determine what “success” means to you, and once you reach that point whether it’s booking a meeting or closing a deal, mark that person as a success.
These metrics will show you how often your team succeeds and how many people must be added to your outbound process to achieve one success.
On the success tab, you will see the following stats:
- Success: This is the total number of successes. In other words, the number of times Success has been clicked.
- Efficiency Score: Percent of people that are successful. Expressed as a percentage of the number of people who have had Success clicked divided by the number of people who have had any action (Email, Phone, Other) performed on them in this time period.
- Effectiveness Score: Number of activities it takes for a person to be marked as a success. This metric determines the average number of activities leading up to that success or any person who has had success clicked.
- Lead Lifetime: Average number of days it takes to mark a person as a success. This is measured from the time they were imported into SalesLoft to the time of their last Success. If they have never had Success clicked, it is the time they were imported into Cadence.
The ranking tab allows you to see how your users are performing in comparison to each other. If you want to encourage competition among your reps, this tab will display who is the top rep. Let the games begin!
Metrics are ranked on overall performance based on the number of successes, calls based on positive conversations, and emails based on the number of replies.
On the ranking tab, you will see the following stats:
- Rep Leader: Determined by the person who has the most Successes
- Call Leader: Determined by the person with the most positive conversations. Positive Conversation has a sentiment of Interested, Timeline 6-12 Months, or Demo Scheduled.
- Email Leader: Determined by the person with the most email replies.
- Rep Leaderboard: Consolidated call and email data for each rep. Reps are arranged by the number of successes in descending order. Users with no successes are not included on the list.
- Call Leaderboard: Call data for each rep. Conversations are determined by the Disposition Connected. Voicemails are determined by the disposition Left Voicemail. Reps are arranged by the number of positive conversations in descending order. Users with no data for any calls are not included on the list.
- Email Leaderboard: Email data for each rep. Reps are arranged by the number of replies in descending order. Users with no email data are not included on the list.
The process tab gives you insight on whether your team is actively sticking to the process set forth by their cadences. It shows you if cadence steps are being completed, if cadence steps are completed on time, and if steps are being skipped. The tab also includes a process leaderboard, for insight into who on your team is best adhering to the process.
On the process tab, you will see the following stats:
- On average we are adding X people per day: The average number of people added to SalesLoft each day. Total number people for time range divided by the number of days.
- Completed Steps: Number of steps completed in any cadence.
- Percentage change of the number of Completed Steps: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Completed Steps list: Ordered list of SalesLoft users with their number of steps completed from highest to lowest by default.
- On Time: Percentage of steps that were completed on time. This means the step was executed on or before it's due date. Timeliness is determined by the number of steps executed on time divided by the total number of steps completed. Skipped steps are not included in Total Steps Completed. For multistep cadences, Step 2 recalibrates its due date based on when Step 1 was completed.
- On Time list: Ordered list of SalesLoft users with their percentage of steps completed on time from highest to lowest by default.
- Skipped Steps: Percentage of steps skipped, determined by the number of steps skipped divided by the total number of steps.
- Skipped Steps list: Ordered list of SalesLoft users with their percentage of steps skipped from highest to lowest by default.
The calls tab reveals the effectiveness of your calls based on pick-up rate, disposition, and sentiment.
For more information, check out our Call Analytics article.
The Emails Analytics Page gives you insight into the effectiveness of your email templates and the time of day you're sending emails.
For more information, check out our Email Analytics article.