SalesLoft's Analytics measure the effectiveness of your sales process. When a user takes an action in the SalesLoft platform, that activity and data shows up in their Analytics reports as soon as they visit or refresh the Analytics page.
The SalesLoft Analytics page houses several useful metric reports that will empower you to take your sales development strategy to the next level.
In this article, you will learn about managing the analytics tab, including:
At the top of the Analytics page, you will see the toolbar. The toolbar appears on each tab within the analytics page and allows you to navigate to other tabs, filter the data you view, and export metrics to a CSV.
The Analytics toolbar contains the following options:
- Overview: Provides an overall snapshot of your email, phone, and other activities during the specified timeframe.
- Cadences: Reveals the effectiveness of your personal and team Cadences based on Cadence activities.
- Success: Shows the average time it takes you to accomplish your goal with a prospect.
- Ranking: Allows you to see how team members are performing in comparison to each other.
- Process: Gives you insight on whether your team is actively sticking to the process set forth by their Cadences.
- Calls: Reveals the effectiveness of your calls based on pick-up rate, disposition, and sentiment.
- Email: Gives you insight into the effectiveness of your email templates and the time of day you're sending emails.
- Filter Options
Filters allow you to specify the type of data you view within your analytics. SalesLoft offers filters for team members and time.
The team member filter refines your reported data for a specific group or individual user on your team. This filter allows admins and users to see how entire teams or individuals are performing.
The user filters include the following options:
- Me: Shows your activity report.
- Everyone: Shows the collected activity of everyone on your SalesLoft team.
- Groups: Shows the select activity of SalesLoft users that belong to a specific group. Groups are set by admins.
- Individual Team Members: Shows the activity report of specific individual users on the team. Restricted to admins or anyone with the filter by teammates permission.
Viewing your data over a specific time period allows you to see progress over the course of a month, a quarter, or dwindle the record down to see how your engagement has been on this very day.
This is why SalesLoft allows you to filter your analytics by time range. You can choose from a standard time range filter or assign custom dates.
The time range filters include the following options:
- Today: Shows your analytics report for this calendar day. The report starts at 12:00 am. The data shown will include all data that has been collected.
- Yesterday: Shows your analytics reported during the previous day. All days of the week apply (including weekend).
- 7-day: Default time range. Shows your analytics report over the last seven days, including the current day.
- 30-day: Shows your analytics report over the last 30 days, including the current day.
- 90-day: Shows your analytics report over the last 90 days, including the current day.
- Custom: Allows you to pick the specific date range for your analytics report. When you select Custom, the filter box will expand. Select the date box to view a calendar and choose your date range.
Things to Note: SalesLoft will only display data that has been collected for the day. Data for the current or an upcoming hour may take some time to load.
Exporting your Analytics downloads the raw data compiled in each report.
Team admins and team members can export from the Analytics tab. However, as a team admin, you can export your team’s analytics to process your data in a multitude of ways. The export will provide you complete reports with your SalesLoft data. Use these reports in another external database, or easily send the file with company executives and managers to share your team’s progress.
The analytics will arrive as a .zip file containing six CSV files, one for each of the analytics reports.
To export your analytics reports, follow these steps:
- From the side nav, click the Analytics icon.
- Set the parameters for the reports you want to export, such as the date range and the group or individual team member.
- Click the Export button.
- Confirm you want to export your reports.
- You'll receive an email when your exported reports are ready to download, this normally takes just a few minutes. Click Download your export here in the email you receive.
The Ranking tab allows you to see how team members are performing in comparison to each other. If you want to encourage competition among your reps, this tab will display which rep is at the top of the leaderboard. Let the games begin!
Metrics are ranked on overall performance based on the number of successes, calls based on positive conversations, and emails based on the number of replies.
Select the Team Performance button to go to the Team Performance report.
On the Ranking tab, you will see the following stats:
- Rep Leader: Determined by the person who has the most successes
- Call Leader: Determined by the person with the most positive conversations. A positive conversation has a sentiment of Interested, Timeline 6-12 Months, or Demo Scheduled.
- Email Leader: Determined by the person with the most email replies.
- Rep Leaderboard: Consolidated call and email data for each rep. Reps are arranged by the number of successes in descending order. Users with no successes are not included on the list.
- Call Leaderboard: Call data for each rep. Conversations are determined by the disposition Connected. Voicemails are determined by the disposition Left Voicemail. Reps are arranged by the number of positive conversations in descending order. Users with no data for any calls are not included on the list.
- Email Leaderboard: Email data for each rep. Reps are arranged by the number of replies in descending order. Users with no email data are not included on the list.
The process tab gives you insight on whether your team is actively sticking to the process set forth by their Cadences. It shows you if Cadence steps are being completed, if Cadence steps are completed on time, and if steps are being skipped. The tab also includes a process leaderboard, for insight into who on your team is best adhering to the process.
Select the Team Process button to go to the Team Process report.
On the Process tab, you will see the following stats:
- On average we are adding X people per day: The average number of people added to SalesLoft each day. Total number people for time range divided by the number of days.
- Completed Steps: Number of steps completed in any Cadence.
- Percentage change of the number of Completed Steps: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Completed Steps list: Ordered list of SalesLoft users with their number of steps completed from highest to lowest by default.
- On Time: Percentage of steps that were completed on time. This means the step was executed on or before it's due date. Timeliness is determined by the number of steps executed on time divided by the total number of steps completed. Skipped steps are not included in Total Steps Completed. For multistep Cadences, Step 2 calibrates its due date based on when Step 1 was completed.
- On Time list: Ordered list of SalesLoft users with their percentage of steps completed on time from highest to lowest by default.
- Skipped Steps: Percentage of steps skipped, determined by the number of steps skipped divided by the total number of steps.
- Skipped Steps list: Ordered list of SalesLoft users with their percentage of steps skipped from highest to lowest by default.