SalesLoft's Analytics measure the effectiveness of your sales process. When a user takes an action in the SalesLoft platform, that activity and data shows up in their Analytics reports as soon as they visit or refresh the Analytics page.
The SalesLoft Analytics page houses several metric reports full of valuable data. You can customize reports to help answer specific questions including the following:
- Who are the top/bottom performers on my team?
- How do my groups compare?
- What are the best days and times to send emails?
- Which Accounts or Cadences do I want to keep an eye on?
To create a custom report, use filters and column management to select the data you want to view. Once your report meets your needs, you can save the report. After you save a report, you can access it any time.
You will find the Saved Views, filters, and exports buttons below the report name and about the report itself.
In this article, you will learn how to create custom reports, including:
- Saved Views
- Display By Filter
- Filter by Time Range
- Filter by SalesLoft User
- Add Advanced Filters
- Column Management
- Export Analytics
The first button shows your Saved Views. A Saved View is a previously created report that has been saved. Saved views include all filters, columns, display by and sorting rules you have set in places. So, essentially the different views are your different custom reports.
By default, SalesLoft will display the Standard View of each report. The Standard View is the "out of box" version of the report which majority of the fields on display and none of the filters in place.
If you click the name of the saved view, a dropdown menu will appear with all of you available reports. The reports will be separated into the following sections:
- Standard View
- Custom Views
Any time you , you can create a new or custom view. To create a Saved View, follow these steps:
- Adjust the filters or the view on the report. As you make changes to the filters, a green Save View As button will appear.
- Click Save View As. The name of the view will change into an editable text box.
- Enter the name of your new view.
- Click Save. If you change your mind, click Cancel. Once you Save, a notification will appear confirming that a new view has been created.
Any time you make changes to the filters of a view that has previously been saved, a Save View button will appear next to Saved View As. Click Save View to save any changes you make in your report. If you would like to create a new report based on the changes (and keep the original report as is), click Saved View As.
Display By Filter
The Display by filter dictates how the report data is organized, grouped, displayed, and summarized. By setting these kind of parameters, you can gain answers to the following questions:
- How do groups compare?
- What are the results by month, hour of day or day of week?
- How are results trending by day, week or month?
The Display By filter is located in the upper left corner. You may filter by one of the following selections:
- User (default)
- Hour of Day
- Day of Week
Things to Note: Display by feature is currently only visible on the Team Calls report.
Viewing your data over a specific time period allows you to see progress over the course of a month, a quarter, or dwindle the record down to see how your engagement has been on this very day.
This is why SalesLoft allows you to filter your analytics by time range. You can choose from a standard time range filter or assign custom dates.
The time range filters include the following options:
- Today: Shows your analytics report for this calendar day. The report starts at 12:00 am. The data shown will include all data that has been collected.
- Yesterday: Shows your analytics reported during the previous day. All days of the week apply (including weekend).
- Last 7 Day: Default time range. Shows your analytics report over the last seven days, including the current day.
- Last 30 Days: Shows your analytics report over the last 30 days, including the current day.
- Last 90 Days: Shows your analytics report over the last 90 days, including the current day.
- Last Month: This shows the metrics of the prior, or last, month based on the current month. For example, if the current date is in July, then Last Month will filter results for June.
- Week to Date: See data only for the current week.
- Things to Note: The week always starts with Monday.
- Month to Date: Shows progress for the current month. This includes from the first of the month to the current date.
- Quarter to Date: Summarizes results for the current calendar quarter and offers a comparison to the prior quarter. Quarters are as follows:
- January, February and March
- April, May and June
- July, August and September
- October, November and December
- Year to Date: Summarizes results since January 1st of the current year and offers a comparison of Year over Year results.
- Things to Note: This is a calendar year to date and not a fiscal year to date.
- Custom: Allows you to pick the specific date range for your analytics report. When you select Custom, the filter box will expand. Select the date box to view a calendar and choose your date range.
After you select a filter range, click Apply. This will refresh your view to the filter.
Things to Note: SalesLoft will only display data that has been collected for the day. Data for the current or an upcoming hour may take some time to load.
Filters allow you to specify the type of data you view within your analytics. SalesLoft offers filters for team members and time.
The team member filter refines your reported data for a specific group or individual user on your team. This filter allows admins and users to see how entire teams or individuals are performing.
The user filters include the following options:
- All Users: Shows the collected activity of everyone on your SalesLoft team.
- You: Shows your activity report.
- Specific Users: Shows the activity report of specific individual users on the team. Restricted to admins or anyone with the filter by teammates permission.
- Users in Specific Groups: Shows the select activity of SalesLoft users that belong to a specific group. Groups are set by admins.
Add Advanced Filters
The user and time filters are fairly standard by SalesLoft standards. However, there are additional filters you may add to your reports.
The Add Filter button lets you select filters that are specific to the report. For example, if you are looking at the Calls Report, you can filter by Call specific metrics like the number of Calls Dialed.
Added filters also have an advanced filter component. Advanced filters allow you to filter on metrics or numeric values using filter ranges such as Exactly, Greater than, Less than, and Between.
To add advanced filters, follow these steps:
- From the filter row of your report, click the Add Filter button. A dropdown will appear with your available filters.
- Select the filter you wish to add. The filter will appear on the filter row.
- Next, you need to set the values for your filter. Click the filter tile to open the filter management dropdown.
- Select the range for your filter from the following options:
- is Between: This will include the numbers that are defined.
- is Exactly
- Is Greater than: Will not include the numeric value.
- is Less than: Will not include the numeric value.
- Add the numeric values for your range.
- Click Apply.
SalesLoft Reports provide a lot of data. While it's great to have access to so much information, if can be a little overwhelming. Plus, if you are reporting on specific use cases, each data column may not be relevant to your report.
Column Management allows you to include or exclude columns in a custom report. This way you can include only the columns most relevant to your particular analysis.
There are two parts to column management:
- Selecting which columns are visible.
- Arranging the order of the visible columns. The fields will appear from left to right into the report.
Things to Note: If you have selected a Display By filter, that column will appear first in the report by default.
To set your column management, follow these steps:
- Select the Column Manage icon on far right side of the filter row. The icon looks like a chart with three columns. Once you click the icon, the Customize Columns window will appear.
- Search for fields or scroll through the list to select or deselect the available fields. Once a field is selected, it will appear in the Field Order side of the window.
- Rearrange the order of your fields so they are in your preferred order. To rearrange the fields, hover over a field name, click and hold the field title, then drag the field to the spot in the order. Once it's in the correct spot, release the field. You can remove a field from the list by clicking the cancel button to the right of the field name.
- Things to Note: If you have selected a Display By filter, that column will appear first in the report by default.
- Click Apply.
- Once the settings are applied, save your view so you can access the report again and again.
Exporting your Analytics downloads the raw data compiled in each report.
Team admins and team members can export from the Analytics tab. However, as a team admin, you can export your team’s analytics to process your data in a multitude of ways. The export will provide you complete reports with your SalesLoft data. Use these reports in another external database, or easily send the file with company executives and managers to share your team’s progress.
The analytics will arrive as a .zip file containing six CSV files, one for each of the analytics reports.
To export your analytics reports, follow these steps:
- From the side nav, click the Analytics icon.
- Set the parameters for the reports you want to export, such as the date range and the group or individual team member.
- Click the Export button.
- Confirm you want to export your reports.
- You'll receive an email when your exported reports are ready to download, this normally takes just a few minutes. Click Download your export here in the email you receive.