SalesLoft's Analytics measure the effectiveness of your sales process. When a user takes an action in the SalesLoft platform, that activity and data shows up in their Analytics reports as soon as they visit or refresh the Analytics page.
The SalesLoft Analytics page houses several useful metric reports that will empower you to take your sales development strategy to the next level.
In this article, you will learn about managing the analytics tab, including:
At the top of the Analytics page, you will see the toolbar. The toolbar appears on each tab within the analytics page and allows you to navigate to other tabs, filter the data you view, and export metrics to a CSV.
The Analytics toolbar contains the following options:
- Overview: Provides an overall snapshot of your email, phone, and other activities during the specified timeframe.
- Accounts: Offers a quick glance at the most and least engaged Accounts. This view is ideal if your team is using Account-based selling techniques.
- Team: Displays useful email (Delivered, Bounces, Opened, Clicked, Replies, Success) and phone (Calls, Conversations, Positive Conversations, Voicemails, Success) activities in a single view.
- Ranking: Allows you to see how team members are performing in comparison to each other.
- Cadences: Reveals the effectiveness of your personal and team Cadences based on Cadence activities.
- Process: Gives you insight on whether your team is actively sticking to the process set forth by their Cadences.
- Success: Shows the average time it takes you to accomplish your goal with a prospect.
- Calls: Reveals the effectiveness of your calls based on pick-up rate, disposition, and sentiment.
- Email: Gives you insight into the effectiveness of your email templates and the time of day you're sending emails.
Below the top bar, you will find analytics filter tabs. Each analytics tab will include a:
Display By Filter
The Display by filter dictates how the report data is organized, grouped, displayed, and summarized. By setting these kind of parameters, you can gain answers to the following questions:
- How do groups compare?
- What are the results by month, hour of day or day of week?
- How are results trending by day, week or month?
The Display By filter is located in the upper left corner. You may filter by one of the following selections:
- User (default)
- Hour of Day
- Day of Week
Things to Note: Display by feature is currently only visible on the Team Calls report.
Viewing your data over a specific time period allows you to see progress over the course of a month, a quarter, or dwindle the record down to see how your engagement has been on this very day.
This is why SalesLoft allows you to filter your analytics by time range. You can choose from a standard time range filter or assign custom dates.
The time range filters include the following options:
- Today: Shows your analytics report for this calendar day. The report starts at 12:00 am. The data shown will include all data that has been collected.
- Yesterday: Shows your analytics reported during the previous day. All days of the week apply (including weekend).
- Last 7 Day: Default time range. Shows your analytics report over the last seven days, including the current day.
- Last 30 Days: Shows your analytics report over the last 30 days, including the current day.
- Last 90 Days: Shows your analytics report over the last 90 days, including the current day.
- Last Month: This shows the metrics of the prior, or last, month based on the current month. For example, if the current date is in July, then Last Month will filter results for June.
- Week to Date: See data only for the current week.
- Things to Note: The week always starts with Monday.
- Month to Date: Shows progress for the current month. This includes from the first of the month to the current date.
- Quarter to Date: Summarizes results for the current calendar quarter and offers a comparison to the prior quarter. Quarters are as follows:
- January, February and March
- April, May and June
- July, August and September
- October, November and December
- Year to Date: Summarizes results since January 1st of the current year and offers a comparison of Year over Year results.
- Things to Note: This is a calendar year to date and not a fiscal year to date.
- Custom: Allows you to pick the specific date range for your analytics report. When you select Custom, the filter box will expand. Select the date box to view a calendar and choose your date range.
After you select a filter range, click Apply. This will refresh your view to the filter.
Things to Note: SalesLoft will only display data that has been collected for the day. Data for the current or an upcoming hour may take some time to load.
Filters allow you to specify the type of data you view within your analytics. SalesLoft offers filters for team members and time.
The team member filter refines your reported data for a specific group or individual user on your team. This filter allows admins and users to see how entire teams or individuals are performing.
The user filters include the following options:
- All Users: Shows the collected activity of everyone on your SalesLoft team.
- You: Shows your activity report.
- Specific Users: Shows the activity report of specific individual users on the team. Restricted to admins or anyone with the filter by teammates permission.
- Users in Specific Groups: Shows the select activity of SalesLoft users that belong to a specific group. Groups are set by admins.
Exporting your Analytics downloads the raw data compiled in each report.
Team admins and team members can export from the Analytics tab. However, as a team admin, you can export your team’s analytics to process your data in a multitude of ways. The export will provide you complete reports with your SalesLoft data. Use these reports in another external database, or easily send the file with company executives and managers to share your team’s progress.
The analytics will arrive as a .zip file containing six CSV files, one for each of the analytics reports.
To export your analytics reports, follow these steps:
- From the side nav, click the Analytics icon.
- Set the parameters for the reports you want to export, such as the date range and the group or individual team member.
- Click the Export button.
- Confirm you want to export your reports.
- You'll receive an email when your exported reports are ready to download, this normally takes just a few minutes. Click Download your export here in the email you receive.