The SalesLoft Person’s profile page allows you to view and manage all of the information related to your prospect in one central location.
Say goodbye to the days of scavenging Salesforce records or digging through post-its on your desk for logs or notes. The Person’s profile page consists of several panels that show you all of the relevant information about the prospect at a glance. The panels also allow you to take a number of SalesLoft quick actions so if an opportunity presents itself, you can strike while the iron is hot.
The Person’s profile layout includes collections of panels that are separated into thirds on the Person’s profile page. The information panels include basic information, stats, quick actions, contact info, and tags. All of these panels take up the left side of the page. The activity panel is located in the center of the page. Finally, the Cadences and Integrations panels build up the right side of the page.
In this article, you will learn about the person’s profile page, including:
- The Person Panel
- The Person Quick Actions
- View Person Stats
- Edit a Person’s Contact Info
- Manage Person Tags
- The Person Activities Panels
- The Panel Configuration
- The Cadences Panel
- People at Account Panel
- Manage the Salesforce Opportunities Panel
- Insights from Integrations Panels
The Person panel displays key information like Person’s name, Account, SalesLoft statuses, and their linked social and Salesforce records. You will see the panel in the top left corner of the Person’s profile page.
Let’s walk through the visible items and actions you can take within the Person panel:
- Star: The star icon flags this Person as important.
- Do Not Contact: The no-sign icon denotes that users may not communicate with this Person via SalesLoft
- Has Replied: The green arrow icon means that this Person has previously replied to a SalesLoft email.
- Bounced: The red bounce arrow means that a previous email to this Person resulted in a bounce back.
- Success: The orange ribbon icon means that this Person has been marked as a success
- Out Of Office (OOO) Detection: The green palm tree icon appears when an out of office message is detected for that Person.
- European Union (EU) Resident: The shield icon represents this person has been marked as an EU Resident. Tracking functionality may be disabled for EU Residents. Learn more in our Manage Privacy Settings article.
Person Panel Actions: Located in the top right corner of the person panel. Click the '•••' icon to open a menu to take the following actions:
- Link/Unlink from Account: Connects the Person to their account in SalesLoft, much like a contact record is Salesforce is attached to an account. Things to Note: People imported with their account information should be linked to their account as defined by your account management settings.
- Link to Salesforce: Allows SalesLoft to search and link to the Person's Salesforce lead or contact record. Things to Note: If a Person is not linked to their Salesforce record, activities will not log and will result in failed Salesforce activities. You can view failing activities by clicking the lightning bolt icon in the top navigation menu.
- Mark as Do Not Contact: Removes a Person from all Cadences and stops users from any future communication with the contact. Things to Note: Marking someone as Do Not Contact is the recommended alternative to deleting the Person since all of the data remains in SalesLoft but you won't mistakenly reach out to the Person.
- Delete Person: Removes the Person from SalesLoft. Things to Note: Deleting a person will remove all records of the person including logged activities.
- Mark as EU Resident: Manually mark a Person as an EU Resident. Things to Note: The Mark as EU Resident option must be enabled by an Admin from Roles and Permissions.
Person Information: Includes the primary information you need on this Person at all times. If any of this information is not listed under the Person’s contact info, the field will not display. The information includes:
- Person’s name: Name is pulled from the first name and last name Person fields.
- Person’s title: Title is pulled from the title Person field.
- Person’s Account: If the Person is linked to an account in SalesLoft, the Account name will appear as a link. Select the link to view the Account in SalesLoft.
Person Links: Offers links to sources outside of SalesLoft for quick access. Linked information must be included in the Person’s contact info in order for the links to appear. Links include:
- View in Salesforce: People connected to the Salesforce record will display a blue cloud icon. If the Person is not connected to their CRM, the icon will not appear. You can sync the Person to their Salesforce record by clicking the Person Panel Actions and selecting Link to Salesforce.
- LinkedIn profile page: Opens the Person's LinkedIn profile.
- View Twitter: Opens the Person's Twitter page.
- View Company URL: Opens the company’s website.
- View Owler: Provides a snapshot of the company’s most recent updates.
The Quick Actions panel allows you to make one-off actions with the click of a button. These actions include Call, Email, and Success.
Call: Instantly calls the Person. Clicking the Call quick action opens the dialer in the bottom right corner and the call log box to the left of the dialer. The call will dial as soon as the dialer is opened. The best use case is for one-off phone calls outside of a cadence.
Email: Opens the email window in the bottom right corner of your window. The best use case is for one-off emails to the Person for quick communication or follow-ups.
Success: Allows you to quickly identify a successful outbound activity, such as a demo scheduled on a phone call. The definition of success will vary by team, but the key is to make sure the team understands what that definition is and is marking it consistently. Marking an activity as a "success" adds a record to the activity feed on the contact's profile page.
Meeting: Book a meeting on demand with the Person whose Profile Page you are viewing.
The stats panel displays an overview of valuable metrics based off of activities between SalesLoft users and the Person. The stats include:
- Number of calls made
- Emails sent
- Emails opened
- Email links clicked
The Contact Info panel shows all populated fields for the Person and Account, as well as Custom Fields. Information may be updated by clicking the Edit button.
If your team’s Salesforce field configuration has been set up, the contact information fields will be pulled from the Salesforce record upon import. Also, the fields can be completed from a CSV import by assigning the contact fields
Things to Note: Only fields populated with data will appear in the information panel
The contact info panel offers smart features to help in your communication efforts. Here are some important contact info fields to use:
- Email address: Click the email address to send a one-off email.
- Email Validator: The envelope next to the email address will be either green, yellow, or red. The color of this envelope lets you know whether this is the confirmed email address of the person or not. Green means the email address is approved. Yellow means the email address may be incorrect. Red denotes a wrong email address.
- Phone number: Click the phone number to complete a one-off phone call with the dialer.
- Automatic Time Zone Population: If you have ever made a phone call only to realize that you called someone after business hours you know the importance of an up-to-date time zone field. Time zones are automatically populated upon import and creation of a Person as long as their city and state or phone number* (based on the area code) are entered in the contact info.
* Things to Note: The phone number rule only applies to the Continental United States numbers based on the area code.
The tags panel displays current tags associated with the Person. Tags are labels or folders that you can use to organize groups of People in SalesLoft. Use tags to quickly designate and filter People from a particular conference list or similar groupings.
The tags panel also lets you add new tags or remove existing tags. To add a tag, type the name of the tag in the text box and hit your enter key. To remove a tag, find the tag you want to delete and click the X next to the tag name.
The Activity panel contains different tabs that break down the activities which relate to the person. In other words, the activity panel is your track record with the person throughout the sales process and beyond.
The activity panel contains tabs for recent activities, calls, emails, cadences, live web tracking (if enabled), notes, reminders, and meetings.
For more information on each tab within the activities panel, check out the Person's Activities Panel knowledge base article.
The Panel Configuration drop-down menu displays a list of panels you can disable and reorder to best fit your needs. The panel configuration applies to the panels on the right side of the profile page, so the cadences and integrations panels can be manipulated. For example, if you don’t use Twitter in your sales process, you can toggle the Twitter panel off so it is no longer visible.
You may access the menu from the top right of the person’s profile page. To enable or disable the visibility of a panel, toggle the switch next to the panel name on or off. You can also reorder the panels shown in the right column. Simple click and drag on the icon to the left of the panel name.
The Cadences panel displays information about Cadences a Person is on as well as their cadence history.
In addition to viewing the Person’s Cadence history, you can also take different Cadence actions, including:
Add the Person to a Cadence: Select the blue Add to Cadence button in the top right of the panel. Search from My Cadences or Team Cadences in the Add to Cadence pop up window. Select the Cadence you want and hit Add to Cadence.
Update the Person Stage: The Person stage keeps you up-to-date with where the Person is in the sales cycle. The Person stage may already be updated if you have configured your Cadence to update the stage settings automatically. To update a Person’s stage, select the Person Stage dropdown menu and pick the stage you want.
Change the Due Date of the Person’s Next Cadence Step: Pause the Person in their Cadence step by changing their due date. Select Change Due Date below the Cadence name. A calendar will appear. Select the new due date. Once the due date has been updated, the Person will appear in your Cadences To-do list when that date arrives.
The People at Account panel shows you all of the People associated with the account you're viewing. You can also see additional data about each Person, such as any tags that have been added to a Person or status updates like Success or Do Not Contact.
The People at Account panel also lets you take specific actions on the People in that company. Specifically, you can remove a Person from the Account if you learn they are no longer with the organization. To remove a Person from the Account, select Remove Person below their name.
If your company uses Salesforce, you know that Opportunities show where a deal is in your sales cycle and update to determine when a deal is closed. The Opportunities panel gives you the power of your Salesforce Opportunities straight from a Person’s profile page.
SalesLoft will automatically search for and link in any Opportunities (Opps) in Salesforce associated with a Person who is linked to a Salesforce Contact. Then you can view any Opps associated with that Person. Multiple Opps can be shown at one time in the scrolling smart panel.
From the Opportunities panel, you may take the following actions:
View the Opportunity in Salesforce: Click the name of the Opportunity (with the external link icon) to open that Opportunity in Salesforce in a new tab.
Edit Standard Fields: Select the pencil icon to the right of the Opportunities name to view and edit fields. Things to Note: Some fields may not be edited. These fields will be grayed out. Read-only fields or custom Opportunity fields must be edited in Salesforce.
There are several integration panels that are available to display on the Person's profile page. For more information about integrations, visit the SalesLoft Integrations section.