In modern sales, you use more than one piece of technology to complete your day-to-day tasks. But hopping between multiple platforms and searching for the information you need is a waste of time. SalesLoft’s Connect feature solves the problem within your technology stack by letting you access and perform SalesLoft functions directly from the applications you use the most.
SalesLoft Connect for Salesforce brings the core SalesLoft functionality into your Salesforce instance. Run your targeted Cadences, send one-off emails to Leads and Contacts, use the integrated Dialer to make calls from any page in Salesforce, or view all details on a Lead/Contact directly in the sidebar.
In this article, you will learn how to set up and use Connect for Salesforce, including:
- Connect for Salesforce Admin Setup
- Install Connect for Salesforce
- View SalesLoft Person Details in Salesforce
- Run a Cadence in Salesforce
- Tasks in Connect for Salesforce
- Hot Leads in Connect for Salesforce
The Connect for Salesforce feature is enabled by default for all SalesLoft users. Admins have the ability to manage who has access to Connect for Salesforce from their Team Settings.
If you need to disable access to Connect for Salesforce for a user on your team, navigate to SalesLoft Connect within your Settings pages. There you will see a list of all SalesLoft users and their Connect for Salesforce statuses. Select the user(s) you would like to update. Click on the plug icon that appears at the top of the list to enable or disable access.
Before you Loft emails, view SalesLoft People information, and execute Cadences from your Salesforce account, you need to install the SalesLoft Google Chrome Extension.
You can download the Chrome extension from the Downloads section under your SalesLoft Personal Settings or click the link here.
After the extension has been installed, you will gain access to SalesLoft features within your Salesforce instance!
Connect for Salesforce offers visibility into a SalesLoft Person Profile from the side panel within your browser. The Person Profile view gives you a snapshot of SalesLoft information. This way you don’t need to bounce back and forth between Salesforce and the SalesLoft platform.
When you open the side panel, it will display the Person info of the Lead or Contact you are viewing. As you navigate through Salesforce, the sidebar will automatically display your Contact's SalesLoft profile.
A Person Profile displays all of the familiar information and actions available in SalesLoft, including:
- Person’s information: Name, Title, Account, and Company Website
- Owler Integration (if applicable)
- Success button: Mark your Contact as a Success
- Edit icon: Click the "pencil" icon to edit the Person’s information.
- Person stats: Up-to-date metrics on your team’s engagement with this Person
Connect Profile Contact Tab
Below the Person Profile information, there are multiple tabs to view. The first is the Contact tab. The Contact tab shows the Person’s contact information, including email address, available phone numbers, and other standard information available for that Contact.
Things to Note: Contact information pulls from the completed fields of the Person’s SalesLoft profile.
In addition to viewing the Contact info, you can take the following actions:
- Click available email addresses to send an email.
- Add tags: Tags are labels or folders that you can use to organize groups of People in SalesLoft. To add a tag, type the name of the tag in the text box and hit your enter key.
- Update the Cadence Stage: The Cadence Stage keeps you up-to-date with where the Person is in the sales cycle. To update a Person’s stage, select the Cadence Stage drop-down menu and pick the stage you want.
- Mark the Person as Do Not Contact.
Connect Profile Cadences Tab
The Cadences tab displays information about Cadences a Person is on as well as their Cadence history.
In addition to viewing the Person’s Cadence history, you can also add the Person to a Cadence. Select the blue Add to Cadence button. From the Add Person to Cadence module, you can do the following:
- Search from My Cadences or Team Cadences.
- Select the Cadence you want.
- Add the Person to a specific Cadence step. Click Show Steps to the right of the Cadence name to expand the view and see all of the steps. Select the step you would like to add the Person to. If you don't want to view the steps, select Hide Steps.
- If the Cadence uses A/B testing, you can select the email variant you would like that Person to receive.
You can take actions on People who are active in a Cadence from the side panel, including changing the Person’s Cadence due date and removing the Person from the Cadence.
- Select the purple Calendar icon and pick a new date to pause the Person on a Cadence.
- Remove a Contact from a Cadence by selecting the red remove icon.
Connect Profile Notes Tab
The Notes tab does exactly what the name says: it allows you to log notes on the Person’s record in SalesLoft. When you log a note, you can quickly reference it from the Notes tab, or view it under recent activity. Notes even log to your Salesforce activity history with the subject line “Note” for seamless logging and clarity across the platforms.
Click the Notes tab to view and add notes to this Contact.
The Connect for Salesforce side panel expands beyond the SalesLoft Person information. You can also run entire Cadences straight from your Salesforce instance. That’s right, the same series of steps you work through in SalesLoft can be executed in Salesforce.
To view your Cadences and run steps, follow these steps:
- Open the Connect for Salesforce side panel.
- In the panel, select the Cadence icon (rocket ship) in the upper right corner.
- Now you will see a full list of any Cadence steps that are currently due. You may sort the Cadence steps by the Cadence name, Cadence priority, or the step type in ascending or descending order.
- Select the Cadence step you would like to run.
- Once you are in the Cadence step, you will see the list of People currently due for that step. Your list will automatically be sorted by Timezone. You may sort your list by your preferred category.
- Select a Person to run the Cadence step. When you select a Person, Salesforce will refresh to that Person’s Lead or Contact record.
- Run the email, call, or other step just as you would in SalesLoft.
SLU: Running Cadence Steps in Salesforce(Video)
Want to know how to run Cadence steps in Salesforce, but prefer a video format? Visit SalesLoft University to see the Running Cadence Steps in Salesforce video tutorial.
Tasks in Connect for Salesforce
SalesLoft Tasks create and handle one-off actions.
These events will sync to the appropriate CRM records in Salesforce to give increased visibility to other sellers and managers in the organization.
Specifically, you can create one-off Call or Email Tasks that is assigned with a date and time inside of the Connect for Salesforce Sidebar. After the tasks is created, you will receive a Chrome notification when the time is reached.
Things to Note:
- Tasks may only be assigned to People who have been imported into SalesLoft.
- To receive notifications, Chrome Notifications must be enabled.
Once a tasks is created, you can run a Tasks with a single click automatically leveraging the Dialer and email compose window. Once a Task is complete, the event will automatically sync to Salesforce, providing a higher level of visibility across the organization.
To access Tasks, open the SalesLoft sidebar while using Connect for Salesforce and click the top tab with the checkmark on it.
Create a Task
Before you can complete one-off actions via Tasks, you must create the Tasks to work out of. Follow these steps to create a task:
- In Salesforce, click the SalesLoft icon in the lower right hand corner to open the SalesLoft Sidebar.
- Click the Tasks icon in the Sidebar.
- Click Create Task. The Sidebar will open to the Create Tasks module.
- Add a Subject for the tasks. The Subject can be anything the user would like to help them remember details about this task, up to 255 characters.
- Choose from one of the following Tasks Types by click the :
- Add the Related Person. The Related Person is the Person in SalesLoft linked to this scheduled action.
- Confirm the Assignee. The Assignee will be the SalesLoft user who runs the Task. Typically, the Assignee will be you, so you will see your name. However, if you was to give the Task to another team member, use the dropdown menu to find and select their name.
- Due Date should be the date the user wants to complete this action. Users can optionally add a time to the Due Date which will surface a chrome notification to the user. This is useful for any action that is time sensitive like a scheduled call.
- Click Set Task Reminder to add a specific time to complete the Tasks. When you click Set Task Reminder, the Reminder Time (15 Minutes) text box will appear. Enter a time of day or use the up down arrows to adjust the time.
- If you change your mind and don't wish to set a reminder time, click the minus icon to the right of the Reminder text box to cancel.
- Click Create Task to save.
The Tasks List
Tasks that have not yet been completed will display in this list view. Tasks are ordered by Due Date with overdue Tasks appearing at the top of the list.
Each tasks shows the following details:
- Tasks Type: Icon that signifies the type of tasks to be completed.
- Subject: Description of the tasks.
- Person Name and Account: SalesLoft Person the tasks will be logged to. If the Person and Account are linked in SalesLoft, they will appear as a blue link that you may click to view them in SalesLoft.
- Due Date and Time if applicable
Complete a Task
When you are ready to complete a task, hover over the Task card and either a Call or Email button will display depending on the task type.
Clicking the Call button will open the SalesLoft Dialer with the Person's number automatically input.
Clicking the Email button will open a new email pane. Type a new email or insert a template from this view.
Finishing a call or sending an email will complete the task and remove it from the user's view. The completed task will sync to Salesforce as a completed activity.
- Mark Complete: If you reply to a threaded email chain outside of Salesforce or use a different phone line to complete a call, choose the option to 'Mark Complete which will complete the task and remove it from the Task view. Tasks marked complete will also sync to Salesforce as a completed activity.
- Edit Task: To edit any information inside of a Task, access Edit from the drop-down on an individual Task. For example, a Task may need to get rescheduled farther into the future. This can be achieved by using the edit function.
- Delete Task: To delete a Task, select Delete from the drop-down on an individual Task.
Hot Leads in Connect for Salesforce
Hot Leads identify which prospects should be your highest priority based off of their level of engagement. You can view and take actions on Hot Leads from the Salesforce side panel, similar to how you can access Hot Leads in SalesLoft.
A Hot Lead Chrome notification will display the Person's name and their company whenever a new Hot Lead comes in.
View your full list of Hot Leads by clicking the SalesLoft icon on the right side of any Salesforce page. Once the sidebar is displayed, click the flame icon on the top of the sidebar to see the list of current Hot Leads.
This list will show all Hot Leads assigned to you in order of most recent to least recent Date Created by default. You can click the Sorted by: Date Created button in order to reverse the order from least recent to most recent.
Click the Refresh button at the top of the sidebar to refresh the list and see newer Hot Leads at any time. If there are new Hot Leads, they will get pulled into this view at the top of the list.