In modern sales, you use more than one piece of technology to complete your day-to-day tasks. But hopping between multiple platforms and searching for the information you need is a waste of time. SalesLoft’s Connect feature solves the problem within your technology stack by letting you access and perform SalesLoft functions directly from the applications you use the most.
SalesLoft Connect for Salesforce brings the core SalesLoft functionality into your Salesforce instance. Run your targeted cadences, send one-off emails to leads and contacts, use the integrated Dialer to make calls from any page in Salesforce, or view all details on a lead/contact directly in the sidebar.
In this article, you will learn how to set up and use Connect for Salesforce, including:
- Connect for Salesforce Admin Setup
- Install Connect for Salesforce
- The Connect for Salesforce Side Panel
- View SalesLoft Person Details in Salesforce
- Run a Cadence in Salesforce
- Click to Call in Salesforce
- Loft an Email in Salesforce
The Connect for Salesforce feature is enabled by default for all SalesLoft users. Admins have the ability to manage who has access to Connect for Salesforce from their Team Settings.
If you need to disable access to Connect for Salesforce for a user on your team, navigate to SalesLoft Connect within your Settings pages. There you will see a list of all SalesLoft users and their Connect for Salesforce statuses. Select the user(s) you would like to update. Click on the plug icon that appears at the top of the list to enable or disable access.
Before you Loft emails, view SalesLoft people information, and execute cadences from your Salesforce account, you need to install the SalesLoft Google Chrome Extension.
You can download the Chrome extension from the Downloads section under your SalesLoft Personal Settings or click the link here.
After the extension has been installed, you will gain access to SalesLoft features within your Salesforce instance!
While there are many SalesLoft actions you can take on lead and contact records using Connect for Salesforce, a large portion of the functionality occurs within the Connect for Salesforce side panel. From the side panel, you can view SalesLoft person info and run cadences.
To access the Connect for Salesforce side panel, click on the SalesLoft logo on the right-hand side of the page. The side panel will appear on the right side of your page.
If you wish to close the panel, simply select the X in the upper right corner of the panel.
Connect for Salesforce offers visibility into a SalesLoft person’s profile from the side panel within your browser. The person profile view gives you a snapshot of SalesLoft information. This way you don’t need to bounce back and forth between Salesforce and the SalesLoft platform.
When you open the side panel, it will display the person info of the lead or contact you are viewing. As you navigate through Salesforce, the sidebar will automatically display your contact's SalesLoft profile.
A person's profile displays all of the familiar information and actions available in SalesLoft, including:
- Person’s information: Name, Title, Account, and Company Website
- Owler and Crystal Integrations (if applicable)
- Success button: Mark your contact as a Success
- Edit icon: Click the "pencil" icon to edit the person’s information.
- Person stats: Up-to-date metrics on your team’s engagement with this person
Connect Profile Contact Tab
Below the person’s profile information, there are multiple tabs to view. The first is the Contact tab. The Contact tab shows the person’s contact information, including email address, available phone numbers, and other standard information available for that contact.
Things to Note: Contact information pulls from the completed fields of the person’s SalesLoft profile.
In addition to viewing the contact info, you can take the following actions:
- Click available email addresses to send an email.
- Add tags: Tags are labels or folders that you can use to organize groups of people in SalesLoft. To add a tag, type the name of the tag in the text box and hit your enter key.
- Update the Cadence Stage: The Cadence Stage keeps you up-to-date with where the person is in the sales cycle. To update a person’s stage, select the Cadence Stage drop-down menu and pick the stage you want.
- Mark the person as Do Not Contact.
Connect Profile Cadences Tab
The Cadences tab displays information about cadences a person is on as well as their cadence history.
In addition to viewing the person’s cadence history, you can also add the person to a cadence. Select the blue Add to Cadence button. From the Add Person to Cadence module, you can do the following:
- Search from My Cadences or Team Cadences.
- Select the Cadence you want.
- Add the Person to a specific Cadence Step. Click Show Steps to the right of the Cadence name to expand the view and see all of the steps. Select the step you would like to add the Person to. If you don't want to view the steps, select Hide Steps.
- If the cadence uses A/B testing, you can select the email variant you would like that person to receive.
You can take actions on people who are active in a cadence from the side panel, including changing the person’s cadence due date and removing the person from the cadence.
- Select the purple Calendar icon and pick a new date to pause the person on a cadence.
- Remove a contact from a cadence by selecting the red remove icon.
Connect Profile Notes Tab
The Notes tab does exactly what the name says: it allows you to log notes on the person’s record in SalesLoft. When you log a note, you can quickly reference it from the Notes tab, or view it under recent activity. Notes even log into your Salesforce activity history with the subject line “Note” for seamless logging and clarity across the platforms.
Click the Notes tab to view and add notes to this contact.
The Connect for Salesforce side panel expands beyond the SalesLoft person information. You can also run entire Cadences straight from your Salesforce instance. That’s right, the same series of steps you work through in SalesLoft can be executed in Salesforce.
To view your cadences and run steps, follow these steps:
- Open the Connect for Salesforce side panel.
- In the panel, select the Cadence icon (rocketship) in the upper right corner.
- Now you will see a full list of any Cadence steps that are currently due. You may sort the Cadence steps by the Cadence name, Cadence priority, or the step type in ascending or descending order.
- Select the Cadence step you would like to run.
- Once you are in the Cadence step, you will see the list of people currently due for that step. Your list will automatically be sorted by Timezone. You may sort your list by your preferred category.
- Select a Person to run the Cadence step. When you select a Person, Salesforce will refresh to that Person’s lead or contact record.
- Run the email, call, or other step just as you would in SalesLoft.
SalesLoft’s Dialer lets you call from wherever you work, including your Salesforce instance. With our click-to-call function, reaching out to leads and contacts is even simpler. All you have to do is click the Call button next to a person’s phone number. Once you’ve clicked Call, the Dialer functions exactly like it does in-app. You can enable LocalDial to drive higher connect rates as well as drop-in voicemail recordings.
Things to Note: Click to Call does not work when Salesforce is in accessibility mode. You can temporarily disable accessibility mode to use the click to dial functionality.
Before you call from your Salesforce records with ease, you need to enable the functionality. Follow these steps:
- From your SalesLoft account, click your name in the upper right corner and go to your Settings.
- Click the Calls tab.
- Below Phone Settings, check the box next to Click to Call Enabled?
- Hit Save.
Connect for Salesforce allows you to leverage the power and features of SalesLoft email and templates without leaving the Salesforce record. Quickly email leads or contacts by using a template so you use the same consistent messaging, with the added benefit of tracking metrics.
Speaking of tracking, using the Loft It feature logs and tracks your emails in SalesLoft (and Salesforce).
When composing emails in Connect for Salesforce, you may add Cc or Bcc recipients by clicking the Cc/Bcc link in the upper right hand corner of the email compose pane. Enter multiple email addresses in the Cc or Bcc fields by separating them with a comma.
To send an email from Salesforce, follow these steps:
- Go to the lead or contact record.
- Click the blue Loft It button next to the person’s email address. The email window will appear in the bottom right corner.
- Compose your message. Add templates or snippets by selecting the Insert button in the bottom right corner of the email window.
- Send the Cadence email using one of the following options:
- Send: sends the email to the person and logs the email in SalesLoft and Salesforce.
- Schedule Send: the Calendar icon will allow you to schedule the email to send later. When scheduling a step in advance, you can set the emails to go at a certain time according to your time zone or the time zone of the person receiving the email.
- Send All: sends the emails to each person listed on the cadence step and logs the email in SalesLoft and Salesforce.
- Schedule Send All: the Calendar icon will allow you to schedule all of the emails in the cadence step to send at a later time. When scheduling a step in advance, you can set the emails to go at a certain time according to your time zone or the time zone of the person receiving the email.