In modern sales, you use more than one piece of technology to complete your day-to-day tasks. But hopping between multiple platforms and searching for the information you need is a waste of time. SalesLoft’s Connect feature solve the problem between your technology stack by letting you access and perform SalesLoft functions directly from the applications you use the most.
SalesLoft Connect for Gmail offers the tools to improve your sales process and organization by allowing you see your prospect’s SalesLoft information and use SalesLoft’s core functionalities directly from Gmail.
In this article, you will learn all of the features available with SalesLoft Connect for Gmail, including:
- Install Connect for Gmail
- SalesLoft Emails within Your Gmail
- Reminders in Your Gmail
- Add a Person to SalesLoft from Connect for Gmail
- The SalesLoft Connect Person Profile View
- Connect for Gmail Live Feed
- Calls in Gmail
Before you loft emails, keep on top of reminders, and view SalesLoft people from your Gmail, you need to install the SalesLoft Google Chrome Extension.
You can download the Chrome extension from the Downloads section under your SalesLoft personal settings or click the link here.
After the extension has been installed, you will gain access to SalesLoft features within your email!
Refresh your browser and you will see two tabs, Emails and Reminders, across the top of your Gmail inbox. A side panel will also appear on the right side of the browser window. Welcome to Connect for Gmail!
Installing SalesLoft’s Google Chrome extension allows you to leverage the power and features of SalesLoft email and templates in your inbox. Quickly add a template while you're composing an email so you use the same consistent messaging, with the added benefit of tracking metrics.
Speaking of tracking, using the Loft It feature in Gmail logs and tracks your emails in SalesLoft (and Salesforce).
Things to Note: You will not be able to send emails until you have added a recipient’s email address in the “To” row.
To send SalesLoft emails from, follow these steps:
- Open a new message.
- A SalesLoft menu will appear in the bottom row of the email compose screen.
- Once your message is ready, hit Loft It. The Loft it feature allows the email to be tracked for views, clicks, and replies via the SalesLoft platform.
To schedule the email to send in advance, follow these steps:
- Open a new message.
- A SalesLoft menu will appear in the bottom row of the email compose screen. Select Send Later.
- Select a provided time, or enter a custom time to send.
- Click Schedule.
To use a template or a snippet from your Gmail, follow these steps:
- Open a new message.
- A SalesLoft menu will appear in the bottom row of the email compose screen. Click Insert.
- Select Template or Snippet.
- Select My or Team to choose from the person or team templates or snippets.
- Search for the template or snippet you would like to use. You may also search based off of tags.
- Select the template or snippet.
- Hit Loft It.
Reminders are now located on in their own dedicated tab at the top of Gmail.
SalesLoft Reminders allow you to stay on top of your one-off events and make you sure you never miss a beat.
Within your Gmail, you can view and complete to stay on top of your non-cadence tasks.
You can view a full list of your SalesLoft Reminders in the Reminders tab located above your inbox. The tab is designated by the bell icon.
When you select the tab, you will see your list of reminders, including the person’s name, the subject of the reminder, and due date. Reminders may be listed out by day, month, or view all of your reminders.
Completing a reminder is just like checking an item off of your to-do list. Once a reminder has been completed, go to the reminders tab and select the circle to virtually checking off the reminder.
To set a reminder, follow these steps:
- Open a new message.
- A SalesLoft menu will appear in the bottom row of the email compose screen. Select Remind Me.
In order to experience the benefits of SalesLoft in your Gmail, the person must be added to SalesLoft’s database (or else we have no data to work with). If the person is not SalesLoft, you can quickly add them directly from Gmail.
Follow these steps:
- Select the person’s email.
- The SalesLoft Panel will display This Person was not found in SalesLoft.
- Click the button Add to SalesLoft.
- Enter the person’s information and click Add.
Linking New People to Their Salesforce Record from Gmail
By default, when people are added to SalesLoft from Connect for Gmail, SalesLoft immediately searches for a matching record in your Salesforce instance. We use the unique email address to first search for contacts, and if not found, we search for a lead. If a record is not found, however, we allow you to link the person manually, or create a new contact or lead directly from within Connect for Gmail.
To manually link a person to their Salesforce lead or contact record, follow these steps:
- From the new person record, click Link to Salesforce Record.
- We'll display Leads and Contacts that are possible matches for your person.
- If no results are found, or none of the results are for the correct record, you can create a new contact or lead. We'll sync the person's data to the newly linked record, ensuring all of your CRM activities are captured promptly and correctly.
Creating a New Salesforce Contact from Gmail
When adding a new person from Gmail, Salesloft can take care of the additional step to add the person in your Salesforce instance and create a contact record. All you need is to link that person to a company in Salesloft that is connected to a Salesforce account record. If the new person is linked to a SalesLoft company that has a corresponding Salesforce account, we'll create the contact immediately.
For people who are not connected to a SalesLoft company or if the company does not have a Salesforce account, we'll create the SalesLoft company or attach the existing Salesforce account to the SalesLoft company. Upon adding the person to SalesLoft, select the appropriate Salesforce Account and we'll take care of the rest.
Things to Note:
- Creating a Contact does not allow users to create new Accounts in Salesforce.
- Creating Contacts and Leads requires Salesforce Sync to be enabled for your team's account, as well as person fields to be mapped correctly.
- You must be configured as a user in Salesforce Connector settings.
Connect for Gmail gives you constant visibility into a SalesLoft person’s profile from the side panel within the browser. The person profile view gives you a snapshot of SalesLoft information. This way you don’t need to bounce back and forth between your email and the Salesloft platform.
By default, it will display the first person from the newest email in your inbox. As you navigate through your inbox, the sidebar will automatically display your contact's SalesLoft profile.
A person's profile displays all of the familiar information and actions available in SalesLoft, including:
- Click the "pencil" icon to edit your contacts' information.
- View contact information and click to send a one-off email
- Mark your contact as Do Not Contact
- Mark your contact as a Success
Connect Profile Contact Tab
Below the person’s profile information there are multiple tabs to view. The first is the Contact tab. The Contact tab shows the person’s contact information including email address, available phone numbers, and other standard information available for that contact.
Things to Note: Contact information pulls from the completed fields of the person’s SalesLoft profile.
In addition to viewing the contact info, you can take the following actions:
- Click available email addresses to send an email.
- Add tags: Tags are labels or folders that you can use to organize groups of people in SalesLoft. To add a tag, type the name of the tag in the text box and hit your enter key.
- Update the Cadence Stage: The cadence stage keeps you up-to-date with where the person is in the sales cycle. To update a person’s stage, select the Cadence Stage drop-down menu and pick the stage you want.
Connect Profile Cadences Tab
The Cadences tab displays information about cadences a person is on as well as their cadence history.
In addition to viewing the person’s cadence history, you can also add the person to a cadence. Select the blue Add to Cadence button. Search from my cadences or team cadences in the Add to Cadence pop up window. Select the cadence you want.
You can take actions on people who are active in a cadence from the side panel, including changing the person’s cadence due date and removing the person from the cadence.
- Select the purple Calendar icon and pick a new date to pause the person on a cadence.
- Remove a contact from a cadence by selecting the red remove icon.
Connect Profile Activity Tab
The Activity tab shows all of the email, call, and cadence activity for this contact. This is a quick way to recap all previous interactions between you and the person or between the person and any other SalesLoft user on your team.
To view the previous activities, click the Activity tab.
Connect Profile Notes Tab
The notes tab does exactly what the name says, it allows you to log notes on the person’s record in SalesLoft. When you log a note you can quickly reference it from the notes tab, or view it under recent activity. Notes even log into your Salesforce activity history with the subject line “note” for seamless logging and clarity across the platforms.
Click the Notes tab to view and add notes to this contact.
You can now access the live feed in Connect for Gmail by navigating to the top right lighting icon. This provides you with real-time alerts when your prospects interact with your emails, including viewing the email, clicking a link or replying, all directly within Gmail. Find out more about the live feed here.
SalesLoft’s chrome extension lets you use the dialer from wherever you work, including your Gmail. You can right-click a phone number listed within an email or select a number from the person’s profile side panel. For more information about making calls from your Gmail, visit the Dialer Everywhere knowledge base article.