The SalesLoft Chrome Extension is a plug-in that extends your sales engagement beyond the SalesLoft platform. The extension, also referred to as the Connect Extension, brings SalesLoft’s features into your Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, and Salesforce to improve your sales process and organization.
In this article, you will learn about how to install and manage the SalesLoft Chrome Extension, plus get an overview of its additional features, including:
- Install the SalesLoft Chrome Extension
- Manage Push Notifications
- The SalesLoft Chrome Extension and Your Gmail
- The SalesLoft Chrome Extension and Salesforce
- The SalesLoft Chrome Extension and Dialer Settings
- Uninstall and Reinstall the SalesLoft Chrome Extension
- SalesLoft Chrome Extension Troubleshooting
The SalesLoft Chrome Extension must be installed from the chrome store before you can take advantage of all it’s awesome capabilities. The extension is a totally free add-in.
We’ve provided a couple of ways for you to access the download:
- You can download the extension by clicking the link here.
- From SalesLoft, go to your user settings by clicking your name in the upper right corner and selecting Settings from the menu. Once you’ve accessed the settings page, go to the Downloads tab. There you will see the option for the SalesLoft Chrome Extension. Click Install Chrome Extension. The Chrome Web Store will open in another window, where you can complete the install.
SalesLoft offers push notifications to inform you about emails that fail to send, views, clicks, or replies to any email messages. In other words, all of the data that appears in your Live Feed pops up as a notification. Notifications let you take immediate actions that can positively impact your sales.
However, there are two types of people in the world: those who love notifications and those who hate them. If you fall in the latter category, you may silence all or a select few of the notifications. For example, if you only wanted to know when a link within an email has been clicked, you can configure your push notifications to reflect that.
To manage your push notifications through the Chrome extension, follow these steps:
- From your Chrome browser, select the Salesloft Connect extension to the right of URL bar. The Connect Extension menu will appear.
- Under Show Me Notifications For you will see the following:
- Email Opens
- Email Clicks
- Email Failures
- Email Replies
Muting Email Threads
If you have enabled push notifications for your emails, you still have control over the notifications you receive. SalesLoft gives you the ability to mute notifications for specific email threads. Muting the notification will turn off all future notifications for that specific email thread, meaning you will not see a pop up for the engagement with that email.
When an incoming email notification appears on the screen, click More to see the Mute option in the menu.
If you have a Gmail account linked to your SalesLoft, you will gain access to SalesLoft features within your email after it is installed the Chrome extension. These include:
- Sending Salesloft emails
- Managing Reminders
- Viewing SalesLoft Person Profile Information
- Viewing Your SalesLoft Live Feed
For more information about Connect for Gmail, visit the Connect for Gmail knowledge base article.
The SalesLoft Chrome Extension puts the power of SalesLoft into your Salesforce instance. After you have installed the extension you can complete imports from Salesforce into SalesLoft with the push of a button. The extension also installs Connect for Salesforce into your account, which lets you execute cadences and view SalesLoft person info without leaving Salesforce.
For more information about the Chrome extension and Salesforce, visit the Salesforce User Guide article to learn about importing and SalesLoft Connect for Salesforce.
The Chrome extension expands the capabilities of the SalesLoft Dialer. Make calls from anywhere in your Chrome browser by right-clicking on a phone number. The extension even allows you to receive inbound calls.
For more information about using the dialer with the Chrome extension, visit the Calling with Dialer Everywhere knowledge base article.
Sometimes systems can get out of sync and need a quick jolt to get them back on the right track. If you believe the extension is lagging and needs a reboot, uninstall and reinstall the extension.
To uninstall the extension, follow these steps:
- From the Control Chrome Extensions menu (three vertical dots in the upper right of your Chrome window) go to More Tools and select Extensions to go to your Google Chrome Extensions page.
- Find the SalesLoft extension
- Click the trashcan icon to the right of the extension to uninstall and remove the extension from Google Chrome.
To reinstall the extension, you can click this link here or go to the Downloads tab in your Salesloft Settings and click Install Chrome Extension.
Are you experiencing problems with your extension or any of the Connect features? Here are some common troubleshooting techniques to help get you sorted out:
- Make Sure You Have the Latest Version of Chrome: We are constantly updating our extension to remain in compliance with Google’s most recent updates. If you have an outdated version of Chrome, the extension may no longer comply with that edition.
- Verify You Have Installed the SalesLoft Chrome Extension: Take a look at your listed Chrome Extensions in the upper right corner of your Chrome window. If you do not see the SalesLoft icon, the extension is not active or has not been installed. Reinstall the extension.
- Check Your SalesLoft Login: The extension works hand-in-hand with the SalesLoft platform. If you have logged out of SalesLoft, the extension will not work.
- Confirm SalesLoft Is Linked to the Correct Email Account: The Chrome extension links to the email address that is connected to your SalesLoft account. Make sure you are logged into that email address and not a different, personal email account. If you are logged in with an alternative email address, log out of that account, log in to the account that is linked to SalesLoft, and refresh your browser.
- Clear Your Cache: Clearing your cache is like refreshing for your browser.
- Disable Other Extensions: Other Chrome extensions may be impeding SalesLoft’s functionality. From your Chrome extension menu, disable or remove other extensions that may block SalesLoft’s access.
If you are still experiencing issues with the extension beyond the questions listed, please contact our technical support team.