The SalesLoft Chrome Extension, aka the Connect Extension, is a plug-in that extends your sales engagement beyond the SalesLoft platform. The extension brings SalesLoft’s features into your Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, and Salesforce to improve your sales process.
In this article, you will learn how to install and manage the SalesLoft Chrome Extension, plus get an overview of its additional features, including:
- Install the SalesLoft Chrome Extension
- Manage Push Notifications
- Notifications for Reminders
- The SalesLoft Chrome Extension and Your Gmail
- The SalesLoft Chrome Extension and Salesforce
- The SalesLoft Chrome Extension and Dialer Settings
- Uninstall and Reinstall the SalesLoft Chrome Extension
- SalesLoft Chrome Extension Troubleshooting
The SalesLoft Chrome Extension must be installed from the Chrome Store before you can take advantage of all it’s awesome capabilities. The extension is a totally free add-in.
You download the extension from one of the following methods:
- Click the link here and add the extension.
- Go to your SalesLoft User Settings. From SalesLoft, click your name in the upper right corner and select Settings from the menu. Once you’ve accessed the settings page, go to the Downloads tab. There you will see the option for the SalesLoft Chrome Extension. Click Install Chrome Extension. The Chrome Web Store will open in another window, where you can complete the install.
SalesLoft's Chrome Extension use push notifications to inform you about email views, clicks, replies or failed sends. In other words, all of the data that appears in your Live Feed pops up as a notification. These notifications let you take immediate actions that can positively impact your sales.
However, we recognize that there are two types of people in the world: those who love notifications and those who hate them. If you fall in the latter category, you can enable specific notifications or silence them all. For example, if you only wanted to know when a link within an email has been clicked, you can fix your push notifications to just show email clicks.
To manage your push notifications through the Chrome extension, follow these steps:
- From your Chrome browser, select the Salesloft Connect extension (SalesLoft logo) to the right of URL bar. The Connect Extension menu will appear.
- Under Show Me Notifications For you will see the following:
- Email Opens
- Email Clicks
- Email Failures
- Email Replies
Muting Email Threads
SalesLoft gives you the ability to mute notifications for specific email threads. Muting the notification will turn off future notifications for that specific email thread, meaning you will not see a pop up for the engagement with that email.
When an incoming email notification appears on the screen, click More and select the Mute option in the menu.
The SalesLoft Chrome extension takes reminders beyond the SalesLoft platform. You can receive reminder pop up notifications in your Chrome window by enabling reminder notifications through the Chrome extension.
Chrome notifications will pop up at the time the reminder is due. The notification will stay on the screen until you click Close. Select the More button in the notification to mark the reminder as complete or navigate to the person’s profile page (where you can edit the reminder if you need to).
Gmail users gain access to SalesLoft features after the Chrome extension is installed. These include:
- Sending Salesloft emails
- Managing Reminders
- Viewing SalesLoft Person Profile Information
- Viewing Your SalesLoft Live Feed
For more information about Connect for Gmail, visit the Connect for Gmail knowledge base article.
The SalesLoft Chrome Extension puts the power of SalesLoft into your Salesforce instance. Once you have installed the extension you can import leads, contacts, and accounts from Salesforce into SalesLoft with the push of a button. The extension also installs Connect for Salesforce, which lets you execute cadences and view SalesLoft person info without leaving Salesforce.
For more information about the Chrome extension and Salesforce, visit the Salesforce User Guide article to learn about importing and SalesLoft Connect for Salesforce.
The Chrome extension expands the capabilities of the SalesLoft Dialer. Make calls from any webpage in your Chrome browser by right-clicking on a phone number. The extension even allows you to receive inbound calls.
For more information about using the dialer with the Chrome extension, visit the The Dialer Available Everywhere knowledge base article.
Sometimes networks can get out of sync and need a quick jolt to get them back on the right track. We recommend you uninstall and reinstall the extension if your extension is lagging and needs a reboot.
To uninstall the extension, follow these steps:
- From the Control Chrome Extensions menu (three vertical dots in the upper right of your Chrome window) go to More Tools and select Extensions to go to your Google Chrome Extensions page.
- Find the SalesLoft extension.
- Click the trashcan icon to the right of the extension to uninstall and remove the extension from Google Chrome.
To reinstall the extension, you can click this link here or go to the Downloads tab in your SalesLoft Settings and click Install Chrome Extension.
Are you experiencing problems with your extension or any of the Connect features? Here are some common troubleshooting techniques to help get you sorted out:
- Make Sure You Have the Latest Version of Chrome: We are constantly updating our extension to remain in compliance with Google’s most recent updates. If you have an outdated version of Chrome, the extension may no longer comply with that edition.
- Verify You Have Installed the SalesLoft Chrome Extension: Take a look at your listed Chrome Extensions in the upper right corner of your Chrome window. If you do not see the SalesLoft icon, the extension is not active or has not been installed. Reinstall the extension.
- Check Your SalesLoft Login: The extension works hand-in-hand with the SalesLoft platform. If you have logged out of SalesLoft, the extension will not work.
- Confirm SalesLoft Is Linked to the Correct Email Account: The Chrome extension links to the email address that is connected to your SalesLoft account. Make sure you are logged into that email address and not a different, personal email account. If you are logged in with an alternative email address, log out of that account, log in to the account that is linked to SalesLoft, and refresh your browser.
- Clear Your Cache: Clearing your cache is like refreshing for your browser.
- Disable Other Extensions: Other Chrome extensions may be impeding SalesLoft’s functionality. From your Chrome extension menu, disable or remove other extensions that may block SalesLoft’s access.
If you are still experiencing issues with the extension beyond the questions listed, please contact our technical support team.