SalesLoft’s Meetings brings your calendar into your outbound communication, allowing your recipients to schedule time with you directly from your emails.
While the people you contact have the flexibility to set a time that works best for them, you still have the ability to manage the available time slots they chose from.All you have to do is set up your calendar from your SalesLoft settings.
Setting up and managing your calendar will all take place in the Calendar tab located in your personal settings. From the Calendar tab, you may assign which calendar will connect to SalesLoft, set default meeting information, and more.
Things to Note: Meetings only operate with Gmail, Outlook 365, and Outlook Exchange email clients. SMTP connected emails or SalesLoft Mail do not comply with Meetings.
In this article, you will learn how to manage your meeting and calendar settings through SalesLoft, including:
- Calendar Defaults
- Your Availability Settings
- Your Meeting Link
- Scheduling Preferences
- Insert Availability Permissions
For more information on how to send meeting links, check out our Book Meetings through SalesLoft article.
Before you begin booking meetings, you need to set up your calendar. Most of the initial calendar setup will take place under the General settings of you Calendar tab.
To set up your calendar, follow these instructions below:
- Navigate to your personal settings by clicking your name in the upper right corner and selecting Settings.
- Click Calendar under Personal Settings.
- If this is your first time accessing the calendar, you will see a “We can’t find your calendar” message. Click Setup Calendar.
- Select Your Calendar from the drop-down menu.
- Pick your time zone. Your time zone will default to the time zone set in your Profile.
- Set your default meeting length. The meeting length determines the duration of the meeting and can be set for one of the following intervals:
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 60 minutes
- Enter a default location, if applicable. This may be a meeting room or office area you reserve for all of your meetings.
- Enter a meeting description. The description briefly explains the purpose of the meeting. One best practice tip, include meeting link or contact information in your description.
- Define your Availability.
- Click Save Calendar Settings.
Your availability determines your "in office" hours or what times prospects may put time on your calendar. Simply put, you can set your availability strictly during your working hours when you are open for a meeting..
Follow these steps to set your in office hours:
- From your Personal Settings, go to the Calendar tab.
- Scroll to the In Office Hours section.
- Select the check box next to the days you would like meetings to occur.
- Enter the blocks of time for meetings.
- Click Save Calendar Settings.
Below your availability you can select whether or not you are eligible to become an assigned meeting owner. Selecting the Meeting Owner checkbox allows other users on the team to schedule time on your calendar. Deselect the box if you do NOT want other users to make you a meeting owner.
Your Meeting Link is the web link that you can send to any prospect in order for them to book time on your calendar. The link is listed smack dab in the middle of the Calendar tab in your personal settings. From this tab, you may edit and copy the link to add it to one off messages, descriptions, and even social posts (if you're really ambitious).
Since the Meeting link will be visible to anyone you are booking time with, you can edit the link if you would like. By default, the link will contain your SalesLoft team name, your first, and last name. Select Edit Meeting Link to change the end of the URL. Once to link has been updated, click Set Meeting Link.
You can also copy the Meeting link to quickly share it with team members or in exchanges outside of email. Click Copy Meeting Link to copy the link to your clipboard.
There's a possibility that your schedule could get a bit hectic if you send an open calendar link to prospects. People can book meeting times at any hour of the day, or back-to-back, leaving you to manage a chaotic calendar.
The Scheduling Preferences allow you to stay in control of your calendar. You set the times when people can book meetings, plus use additional settings like limits and buffers for time management.
You can find the Scheduling Preferences under the Insert Meeting Link tab in your Calendar Settings. Let's take a look at the different availability settings.
In an ideal situation a prospect would accept a calendar invite right after they receive it. In reality, however, people sometimes wait to schedule a meeting months in the future, or they dig up a meeting invite and randomly place time on your calendar.
The availability limit determines the amount of time a prospect has to use a meeting link and book a meeting. You have two time period options when setting your availability limit:
- Indefinitely: Prospects may set meetings soon or months in advanced.
- Over a rolling period of "x" days: Sets the amount of time from the day the email is sent that meetings can be booked. The "x" is the number of days ranging from 1 to 90 days.
Back-to-back calendar blocks leave little time to prepare for your meetings (or step away from your desk).
Set a meeting buffer by selecting the check box to block off 15-minute gaps in between meetings.
Minimum Schedule Notice
Meetings that are booked at the last minute could have you scrambling to prepare for a call, which could result in a poor sales experience for your prospect.
To prevent last minute meetings from being scheduled in the first place, set a minimum schedule notice. This notice states how many hours prior to the meeting the time needs to be booked.
Insert Availability lets you select and send meeting times to your prospects. The Insert Availability Permissions provide additional management over the way other people interact with your calendar.
From the Insert Availability tab you may select checkboxes to determine the following:
- Calendar Privacy: Makes meeting event info visible to other team members. If this box is unchecked, your meetings will simply appear as "Busy."
- Double Booking: Allows more than one meeting to be booked at a time. This means you may have overlapping meetings.