SalesLoft’s Meetings feature allows you to blend your calendar right into your daily interactions with people. You can send your own or even your teammates’ meeting links. People can easily and quickly see your available times and immediately schedule time on your calendar for calls, demos, or to finalize deals.
The Meetings feature still gives you control over your calendar. So while the people you contact have the flexibility to set a time that works best for them, you manage the available time slots they chose from.
Things to Note: Meetings only operate with Gmail, Outlook 365, and Outlook Exchange email clients. SMTP connected emails or SalesLoft Mail do not comply with Meetings.
In this article, you will learn how to manage and share meeting invites through SalesLoft, including:
- Set Up Your Calendar
- Insert Calendar Links into Your Emails
- Add Calendar Links with a Dynamic Tag
- Book a Meeting
Before you can begin booking events between you and your prospects, you need to set up your calendar so meetings may be scheduled. Setting up and managing your calendar will all take place in the Calendar tab located in your personal settings.
From the calendar tab, you can select which calendar you’d want to book Meetings within SalesLoft, as well as set a default meeting location, meeting length, and descriptions. You can also set the time slots they want to show as available for prospects to book meetings on.
To set up your calendar, follow these instructions below:
- Navigate to your personal settings by clicking your name in the upper right corner and selecting Settings.
- Click Calendar under Personal Settings.
- If this is your first time accessing the calendar, you will see a “We can’t find your calendar” message. Click Setup Calendar.
- Select Your Calendar from the drop-down menu.
- Pick your time zone. Your time zone will default to the time zone set in your Profile.
- Enter a default location, if applicable. This can include a set meeting room.
- Set your default meeting length. Meetings can be set in the following increments: 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
- Enter a meeting description. The description briefly explains the purpose of the meeting. One best practice tip, include video link or contact information in your description.
- Define your Availability. The availability designates when people can book time on your calendar. Select the days you would like Meetings to occur by selecting the checkbox next to that day. Then, enter the blocks of time for Meetings to occur.
- Click Save Calendar Settings.
Your Meeting Link
Your Meeting link is listed smack dab in the middle of the Calendar page. The Meeting link can be edited and copied from this page.
Since the Meeting link will be visible to anyone you are booking time with, you can edit the link if you would like. By default, the link will contain your SalesLoft team name, your first, and last name. Select Edit Meeting Link to change the end of the URL. Once to link has been updated, click Set Meeting Link.
You can also copy the Meeting link to quickly share it with team members or in exchanges outside of email. Click Copy Meeting Link to copy the link to your clipboard.
Once your calendar is all set up, you can insert meeting links into your emails and templates. When you add meeting links to an email you have the control to choose your own calendar or a teammate’s calendar. Then you can decide the length of the meeting time.
To add a meeting link to your email or templates, follow these steps:
- Create an email or add a template.
- Select the calendar icon from the compose window toolbar.
- The Insert Meeting Link window will drop down.
- Select whose calendar link you will be using (your personal calendar or your team member’s calendar).
- Things to Note: You can only send a teammate's meeting link if they have set up their calendars under Personal Settings.
- Pick a Meeting Length time.
- Click Insert Link.
- Send your email.
Dynamic tags make adding meeting links to your personal or team templates even more simple. When you create your email template, use the dynamic tag drop-down menu to find the My Meeting URL tag under My Tags. This dynamic tag will populate your email with your meeting link.
To add the dynamic tag, follow these steps:
- From the Templates Page click Template Actions.
- Select Add Templates.
- Click the Insert Dynamic Field icon </>.
- Scroll to My Tags.
- Select My Meeting URL.
- Complete your email draft and hit Save.
Apart from setting up and sending Meeting invites, how do the Meetings actually get booked? When a person receives a meeting link, they will click the link to actually book time on your calendar.
Let’s walk through the steps a recipient will take to book a meeting:
1. When a person clicks a meeting link, they'll be taken to a calendar view.
2. They will select a preferred date for the meeting. Available dates will be in black with blue dots below the date that represent the number of meeting slots that are available. Unavailable dates will be grayed out.
3. After a date is clicked, any available time slots will appear to the right of the calendar. Select a time slot.
4. Click Next.
5. The person will enter their contact information. The contact information will appear in SalesLoft when the meeting is confirmed. The following fields are required: Name, Email, and Account.
- Things to Note: When a person not in SalesLoft books a meeting through the Meetings calendar, a new SalesLoft person will be created. SalesLoft will use the person's email address to verify whether they are a Person in SalesLoft.
6. Click Confirm. If they need to make any changes, click Change Meeting Date.
7. A confirmation message will appear. The person will also receive an email confirming the meeting.
8. The meeting will appear on the Person’s Profile Page in SalesLoft. It will also log the task in Salesforce as a closed activity task. For more information on the Profile Page view, check out the knowledge base article, here.
- Things to Note: If a meeting is rescheduled or canceled, SalesLoft will not reflect the changes. Once an event has been created, SalesLoft does not track or maintain any further updates on the event.