An individual Person's profile page is built up of smart panels that contain a whole lot of information and actions you can take to improve your engagement. The activities panel, located in the center of the profile page, offers a detailed look into all of the activities logged on this Person.
The activities panel contains an overview tab followed by tabs that allow you to see specific activities at a granular level. The activity feed also displays information on how the activities were completed. You have complete visibility into a person's SalesLoft history with insights on whether an activity was completed manually by you or another SalesLoft user, through a Cadence, or an automation rule.
In this article, you will learn all about the activities you can view and complete from the activities panel, including:
- View a Person's Recent Activities
- Recent Account Activities from the Person's Profile Page
- View a Person's Logged Calls
- View a Person's Logged Emails
- View a Person's Cadence History
- View a Person's Live Web Tacking Panel
- Add Notes to the Person’s Profile
- Manage Reminders
- View a Person's Meetings
The first tab in the activities panel display recent activities relevant to the Person. Any activity, whether you add the Person to a Cadence, send an email, log a call, mark them as a success, etc., will appear in the recent activities.
The recent activities tab also allows you to edit activities the same way you can from the individual activities tabs. For example, you can pause or remove People from a Cadence, edit call notes, or cancel a success that was logged.
Outside of an individual Person's activity history, understanding the full context of activity that has occurred with an Account may be a crucial part of your sales process. So, the Activity panel allows you to filter the Recent Activity view between Person activity and Account activity.
The Account Activity view shows all activities (Cadence steps, emails, calls logged) that have occurred within that particular Account. So any activity with any Person associated with the Account who has been contacted by any SalesLoft user will appear.
The Account Activity view also allows you to make Cadence changes like changing the Cadence due date and remove a person from a Cadence, if necessary.
Things to Note: The Person must be linked to an Account in SalesLoft. If they are not linked to an Account, the View Account option will not appear.
To view the Account Activity History, follow these steps:
- Go to the Person's Profile Page.
- In the upper right corner of the Activity Panel, under the Activity tab, you will see the View filter with the options for People and Account.
- Click Account to view the Account Activity History. When the filter is selected, the button will turn green.
The calls tab shows all of the calls made to this Person. Each call log includes any notes, the disposition, and sentiment of those calls. You can even access call recordings from the link below the call notes.
If you're connected to your Salesforce account, the call logs will appear on the Person's lead/contact activity history as well as their SalesLoft person record.
The calls tab also lets you edit and log new calls.
Things to Note: editing call notes will only edit the notes, not the disposition and sentiment. Edited call notes will not be logged to Salesforce.
To edit a call log, follow these steps:
- Find the call log in the Calls tab of the activity panel.
- Click Edit Call Note.
- Add your note in the text box.
- Click Save Note.
If you ever forget to log a call with the dialer, you can log the call from the calls tab. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Calls tab in the activity panel on the Person’s profile page.
- Click Log a Call in the top right corner of the tab.
- Enter your call notes, disposition, and sentiment.
- Log the call by hitting Log or Success.
The Emails tab allows you to view all emails sent to this Person along with their email engagement (open, click, reply metrics). You can even see a complete log of replies you have received from the Person. To get a more in-depth look at the email, click on an individual email. You will be taken to that email’s page with the complete email thread, metrics, and send information.
If you're connected to your Salesforce account, the email logs will appear on the Person's lead/contact activity history as well as their SalesLoft Person record.
You may also send a one-off by clicking the Compose Email button in the top right corner of the tab.
The Cadences tab shows all the Cadences this Person is or has been on, including Cadences of your teammates. Here you can also take certain Cadence actions, like pause the Person on a Cadence, remove the Person from a Cadence, or add the Person to a new Cadence.
Add to a Cadence: To add someone to a Cadence, select the Add to Cadence button in the top right corner of the panel.
Pausing a Contact: Sometimes, you will need to freeze someone on a step of your sales process for a while before continuing through the Cadence. For example, let’s say you get an out-of-office response from your recipient. To pause the Person on the Cadence, change their due date by following these steps:
- Go to the Person’s profile and click the Cadences tab on the activity panel.
- Find the Cadence the Person is currently on. Select Change New Due Date below the Cadence information
- A calendar will pop up. Choose a date for the Person to resume the Cadence. On the date that you set, the Person will pick up right where they left off.
Remove a Person from a Cadence: If a Person no longer needs to be on that case, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Cadence’s tab in the activity panel on the Person’s profile page.
- Find the Cadence they need to be removed from.
- Select the red icon that says Remove.
- SalesLoft will ask if you are sure you want to remove the Person from the Cadence. Hit Remove.
When Live Web Tracking has been enabled for your team, the Live Web Tracking tab will appear in the activity panel on the Person’s profile page. From here, you can see a timeline of the Person’s past and current Live Website Tracking activity.
The notes tab does exactly what the name says, it allows you to log notes on the Person’s record in SalesLoft. When you log a note you can quickly reference it from the notes tab, or view it under recent activity. Notes even log into your Salesforce activity history with the subject line “note” for seamless logging and clarity across the platforms.
The sky is really the limit when it comes to the notes you take. Take down t-shirt size for swag sends, document a common topic of interest you can bring up, or log your interaction with the person.
To log a note, follow these steps:
- Click the Notes tab from the activity panel on the Person’s profile page.
- Select the Add a Note button in the top right corner of the panel.
- Type in your note.
- Click Create Note.
If your note is no-longer applicable to your sales process, you may remove the note. To remove the note, select the red Remove icon.
Things to Note: Removing or editing notes in SalesLoft will not be reflected in Salesforce. You will still find the original note listed below the Activity History.
Is your monitor covered in sticky notes? Tired of constantly switching back and forth between your calendar and inbox to check your to-dos and keep track of your prospects? SalesLoft Reminders allow you to stay on top of your one-off events and make you sure you never miss a beat.
Click the Reminders tab to view, complete and add reminders. To add a new reminder, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Reminders from the activity panel on the Person’s profile page.
- Select the Add a Reminder button to add a new reminder.
- Give your reminder a subject line and any notes.
- Pick a due date by clicking Due On. A calendar will appear for you to set a due date.
- Select Create Reminder.
After the reminder has been created you can edit it or remove it from the reminders tab by selecting the appropriate icon below the icon.
To mark the reminder as complete, select the checkbox to the right of the reminder. Things to Note: You may also manage your reminders from your dashboard, Gmail, or Outlook.
Meeting links can be sent and scheduled through SalesLoft emails. Once those meetings are confirmed, they will appear under the Meetings tab. The Meetings tab allows you to quickly see all meetings that have been scheduled and completed by the Person.
For more information on scheduling meetings, check out our Booking Meetings through SalesLoft article.