SalesLoft Assist uses relevant artificial intelligence to offer suggestions that bring real-time data enrichment into the SalesLoft platform. Each suggestion provides a one-click call to action that helps you maintain the contact information of any person you contact.
Simply put, SalesLoft Assist is like having your own personal assistant to provide up-to-date people information and advice on the actions you should take.
Assist will deliver suggestions on the Assist page as well as live in-context suggestions that present themselves where it’s most relevant in the platform.
In this article, you will learn how to use SalesLoft Assist, including:
Assist suggestions are caused by specific instances, or triggers, that elicit an action. These triggers may be based on a previous action with a person, like an email response, or missing contact information. Assist suggestions will then supply the necessary action.
Here is a complete list of the available Assist Suggestions that can currently be used:
- Out of Office: Triggered when you receive an out-of-office email reply. This suggestion allows you to reschedule a future action in a cadence by changing the next step's due date.
- Bounce: Triggered when you receive an email bounce. This suggestion proactively provides a new email address option for the person whose email bounced. From the suggestion, you have the option to update the email address or to update the email address and resend the email that originally bounced.
- LinkedIn URL: Triggered when people are imported into SalesLoft. This suggestion proactively provides a LinkedIn URL option for a person. From the suggestion, users have the option to update the LinkedIn URL in SalesLoft.
- Twitter Handle: Triggered when people are imported into SalesLoft. This suggestion proactively provides a Twitter handle option for a person. From the suggestion, users have the option to update the Twitter handle in SalesLoft.
You can see and manage all of your suggestions from the Assist Control Center page. The control center uses card views to display all of your suggestions. This was you have a quick glimpse of Assist’s recommended actions and either accept or dismiss the suggestion.
To access the Assist Control Center, click the diamond icon located in the upper right of the top navigation bar. Each time you receive a new suggestion, a red notification will appear on the diamond icon.
From the Assist Control Center, you can see following information on the page:
New Suggestions Tab: Suggestions have not been viewed or actioned yet
Past Suggestions Tab: Suggestions have either been actioned or previously dismissed.
Manage Suggestions: Shows default actions that will take place when certain suggestions arise. These "memories" are set from individual cards and can be removed at any time.
Suggestion Cards: Individual panels that contain the SalesLoft person and the recommended suggestion for that individual. From the suggestion cards you can view the following information:
- Suggestion: List the type of suggestion and the person’s name. The person’s name will link to their SalesLoft person profile page.
- Megaphone Icon: Allows you to provide feedback about SalesLoft Assist to our product team.
- Dismiss: The X icon will remove the suggestion without taking action. Dismissed suggestions will appear under the Past column.
- Suggestion Description: Explains what information triggered the suggestions.
- Suggestion Action: The action item you can take in response to the suggestion.
- Update Person: Edit’s the person’s profile information with the suggested data.
- Pause cadences X Days: Specific for “Out of Office” suggestions. Edits the step due date for any cadences that person is on.
- Done!: Accepted suggestions as displayed in the Past tab.
- Time Lapse: Time since the suggestion appeared in the Assist card view.
When you accept certain suggestions using Assist, you will want to assign specific information, like if you set a date range after receiving an out of office message. But for other suggestions, you may select the same action time and time again. Rather than having to select a repetitive action, SalesLoft Assist allows you the manage your suggestions so you can set default actions.
When you accept any action in the card view, a prompt will appear asking if you would like to set this action for future suggestions. Once an action is set as default, you will not receive the prompt message again.
To view your set suggestions, follow these steps:
- Select the Manage Suggestions drop-down menu located in the top right corner.
- All of your default suggestions will be listed.
- Remove a set suggestion by selecting the red Delete button next to the suggestion.
Assist suggestions are not limited to the card view page. You will also be able to view suggestions and gain insights within the SalesLoft platform. Assist prompts will appear in context, meaning, you will see the insights where it is most beneficial for you.
For example, if an Out of Office suggestion is made, the person will have the Assist icon with an Out of Office message prominently displayed on their Person profile. Then if you try to contact a person who is out of office, you will see the Assist suggestion within your email or call window along with the option to reschedule.