Actions Forecast gives users and admins full visibility into their approaching workload. At the click of a button, you can see how many activities are on your upcoming calendar and plan your days accordingly.
As a manager, you can quickly gauge your rep's workload. Depending on what the forecast shows, you can coach reps that are managing a high number of activities or motivate any reps who seem to be falling behind in their tasks.
In this article, you will learn how to setup and use Actions Forecast, including:
- Grant Access for Actions Forecast
- View Actions Forecast
- The Actions Forecast Report
- Filter and Sort the Actions Forecast
All admins have permission to access Actions Forecast by default. For non-admin users, you can grant custom roles access to Actions Forecast using Roles & Permissions.
Things to Note: Actions Forecast is not a standard feature for the default User role. If you would like your user’s to have access to Actions Forecast, create a role that contains the permission and assign users to that new role.
- Under your admin settings, navigate to Roles & Permissions.
- Under the Roles tab create your ideal role for the selected users (i.e. sales manager or sales rep). Note: “Admin” and “user” roles are set to default and will not allow you to edit or add permissions.
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- Scroll to find Actions Forecast.
- Check the box for the role you would like to grant access to Actions Forecast.
When you have access to Actions Forecast, you will see a View button on the SalesLoft dashboard, also known as your homepage.
Clicking View will take you to the Actions Forecast Report page.
The Actions Forecast Report page gives you two visual representations to view your team’s upcoming activities.
First, you will see the Actions Forecast bar graph. Here you will see the number of activities that will be completed over the upcoming days. Each activity is displayed separately, with its own colored bar.
Below the graph, you will see the detailed information view. This spreadsheet provides the name of each rep, along with their group name, and states the number of tasks or activities they are scheduled to complete per date.
You can filter your Actions Forecast report to see data for a specific group or individual user on your team. This allows admins and users to see how entire teams or individuals are performing.
The Rep filters include the following options:
- Me: Shows your activity report.
- Everyone: Shows the collected activity of everyone on your SalesLoft team.
- Groups: Shows the select activity of SalesLoft users that belong to a specific group. Groups are set by admins.
- Individual Team Members: Shows the activity report of specific individual users on the team. Restricted to admins or anyone with the filter by teammates permission.
Next, you can filter by action within the report. The actions you can filter by include:
- All: All SalesLoft activity that is due over the next few days is included.
- Emails: Only displays upcoming email activities.
- Calls: Only displays upcoming call activities.
- Other: Only displays upcoming Other tasks.
Finally, you may sort your list by Rep or Group, meaning the list will be sorted in alphabetical order based on the option you select.