Conversation Intelligence captures recordings of your sales meetings to provide your team with further insights into what happens during your calls.
Meetings are currently captured in two ways: through the SalesLoft Dialer or the Conversation Intelligence bot.
In this article, you will learn the how Conversation Intelligence is captured, including:
- The SalesLoft Dialer
- The Conversation Intelligence Bot
- Bot Behavior for Different Calendar Responses
- Conversation Intelligence Platform Integrations
If you run into any technical problems with Conversation Intelligence, check out our Conversation Intelligence Troubleshooting article.
Calls through the SalesLoft Dialer will be transcribed and added to the Conversation Intelligence recordings.
Calls must be 120 seconds or more in order to be picked up by the Conversation Intelligence record.
Call recordings will adhere to the same settings applied within your team's recording governance restrictions. If recording is disabled, Conversation Intelligence will not work. Meanwhile, one-sided recordings will be picked up by Conversation Intelligence.
Things to Note:
- In order for Conversation Intelligence to record Dialer calls, each user's Calendar must be connected.
- We currently cannot support Dialer calls that are over 2 hours long due to the large file sizes.
Think of the bot like your Conversation Intelligence buddy that joins your meetings to record and transcribe everything for you. Team admins have the ability to edit the bot name to whatever you would prefer being added to your calls (i.e. naming it after a person or something clever). Admins and users can set times for when they would like to bot to join a meeting and start recording.
There are two ways that the bot can join meetings:
- Manually adding the bot from the Add Bot To Meeting button on the Conversation Intelligence page.
- Calendar: the bot will automatically join meetings when a meeting is scheduled on your calendar. For more information, please check out the Conversation Intelligence Troubleshooting article.
Things to Note:
- The meeting invite must contain a domain outside of your organization.
- The bot can join password protected meetings for Zoom and Webex platforms.
- The scheduled meeting must contain a URL link from one of the integrations (platform link) in order for the bot to join.
- The calendar invite must have been sent and include the meeting platform link at least 20 minutes or more prior to the scheduled start time.
- Meetings must be 60 seconds or more in order to be picked up by the Conversation Intelligence record.
- We currently cannot support web conferencing meetings that are over 2 hours long due to the large file sizes.
Bot Behavior for Different Calendar Responses
As mentioned above, the Conversation Intelligence bot is designed to join meetings on your calendar. However, the bot's behavior may adjust* based on your calendar responses. In other words, the way you RSVP to a meeting invite tells the bot what it should be doing.
Things to Note:
- Bot calendar response-driven behavior is currently only applicable to users using a Google calendar.
- * The bot's behavior is dependent upon how the Conversation Intelligence team settings are configured under Bot Behavior.
- If the Default Join Behavior of Bot will only record meetings when a Conversation Intelligence-enabled team member is the organizer of the calendar event is enabled, it will override the CI user's response to calendar events organized by someone outside that user's company.
The bot's behavior is based on the Conversation Intelligence user's repsonse to the meeting invite. Use the chart below to learn how the bot will behave based on your meeting responses:
|Meeting Response||Bot Behavior Description|
|Accepts||The bot will join/not join the meeting based on how their SalesLoft team's Default Join Behavior has been configured.|
|Declines||The bot will not join the meeting.|
|Maybe or Tentative||The bot will join/not join the meeting based on how their SalesLoft team's Default Join Behavior has been configured.|
|Does not respond||The bot will join/not join the meeting based on how their SalesLoft team's Default Join Behavior has been configured.|
The bot can join meetings through the following integrations:
- Webex Enterprise
- Things to Note: Conversation Intelligence supports Zoom’s Waiting Rooms.
Things to Note: The bot will not join meeting platforms that have CAPTCHA enabled.