You know the phrase, “two heads are better than one”? When you connect with a prospect or customer on a phone call, certain conversations may benefit from having an additional team member or manager on the call to back you up.
Call Collaboration allows you to bring other SalesLoft team members to your call while it’s in progress and even transfer the call to them. Team members can join a call and keep the call going after you log off.
You may add participants via Call Collaboration through any SalesLoft call, whether outbound, inbound, using Pass Through/LocalDial, from the app, or from Connect. Check out the requirements first to make the call runs smoothly.
In this article, you will learn about Call Collaboration and how to use the feature, including:
- Requirements Before Calling
- Adding a Team Member to a Call
- Transfer the Call
- Call Collaboration as a Participant
- Call Collaboration Logs
- To use Call Collaboration within the SalesLoft platform and from Connect, you must be logged into your SalesLoft account.
- Your Chrome browser must be live. You may exit out of the Chrome browser, but if you “Quit” or shut down, the calls will not operate.
- Make sure the Chrome Notifications are allowed.
- Your microphone must be enabled within the extension in order to accept the call as a participant in your Chrome window.
Ok, let’s get this joint call effort going. Adding a participant to your call is as simple as selecting a name from a drop down menu. When you would like to bring a team member into your call, you can select your collaborator once your call is connected.
Things to Note: To add a participant, each team member must have access to the SalesLoft Dialer.
Follow these steps to add a participant to your call:
- Access the Dialer.
- Enter the person’s phone number (if necessary). Hit Call.
- Select the Add Participant icon at the top of the dialer (to the right of the Settings gear shift icon).
- A participant menu will appear directly above the dialer. Use the drop down menu to find and select the team member you wish to add to the call.
- Click Add to Call. A green notification will appear above the dialer to let you know that SalesLoft is calling that team member.
- Once the team member joins the call, the dialer will expand with the On the Call section. This will show your name and the team member that joined the call.
- While you are on the line, Call Collaboration will function just like any conference line.
Ok, let’s walk through a scenario. You’re on a call with a lead that is ready to close the deal as soon as possible (an ideal situation for all). Rather than saying that you will send the lead’s contact info onto a sales executive, the better use of everyone’s time would be to pass the call right at that moment.
With Call Collaboration, you can transfer calls to your team members when situations like this arise.
To transfer a call, follow these steps:
- Begin your call.
- Add your team member to the call (this can be at the start of the call or during the call itself).
- Once you and another SalesLoft teammate are on a call, one of you can leave and the call will continue.
- The call will end when the last SalesLoft team member leaves the call. Don’t forget to log your call notes.
Thanks for hopping on the call! If you join a call that was initiated by another SalesLoft team member, you are the Call Collaboration participant.
As a Call Collaboration participant, your leg of the call will operate through the SalesLoft Dialer available everywhere. This means you can log call notes and run the call all from your Google Chrome window.
To answer a Call Collaboration as a participant, follow these steps:
1. When your team member calls, a Chrome notification will appear in the upper right corner of your computer screen.
2. Click More.
3. Select Accept. Another tab will open in your Google Chrome window with the Dialer Everywhere opened.
4. Run your call.
5. There are two options to end the call:
- Click Leave Call to hand up your line of the call.
- Click End to the right of your team member’s name to end their leg of the call. This will transfer the call to your line and you can continue the conversation.
6. Log any notes in the Dialer window.
7. Find the SalesLoft Person to log the notes to.
Any SalesLoft team member who took part in the call will have the opportunity to log their activity after the call.
Any calls that use Call Collaboration will appear on the Calls page. Each call leg will be designated with the group icon (looks like three people) next to the team member’s name.