Your user profile information is all managed from your SalesLoft Personal Settings. To access your Personal Settings at any time, click your name in the upper right corner of your SalesLoft window. From the dropdown menu options, select the Settings.
In this article, we will explore each tab listed in your Personal Settings, including:
- Profile Settings
- Calendar Settings
- Calls Settings
- CRM Settings
- Email Settings
- Meeting Intelligence Settings
Your Profile Settings page is the hub to set up and edit your SalesLoft account information and email signature.
Let's walk through the different facets of the Profile Settings page.
Update Your Account Info
Your account info includes your email address and password information. The email address your team admin sends your SalesLoft invite to is the same email address you will use as your login credential. Which means, if the invite went to your office email, that email address grants you access to SalesLoft.
Now, if you would like to use an alternative email address or change your password for your SalesLoft use, like using your old school Hotmail address (sk8rboi12345) for whatever reason, you can modify or edit your email address and password.
Follow the instructions below to update your email address and change your password:
- Click on your name in the top right corner and select Settings.
- On the Profile page, click the Update Your Account Info button.
- Enter the new email you'd prefer in the top field.
- Type your current password (for security purposes).
- Click the Update my info button at the bottom.
Edit Your Signature (with HTML Code)
When a signature is saved to your SalesLoft profile, that signature will be added at the end of every SalesLoft email you send.
Now, you can set up your signature or copy and paste a previously existing signature into the window, hit save, and be done with the process.
However, if you run into an error with the copy and paste method or want to stretch your HTML design muscles, you can edit your signature using HTML code to ensure that the design and format are exactly the way you want them to be.
If HTML makes you a little nervous because it looks totally foreign, that's OK. Here are some tips:
- Request the code view of your company's designated email signature from your marketing team. Then you can copy and paste the code into the HTML editor.
- Here are a few code basics:
- <p></p> designates a paragraph of text.
- <br> designates a line break.
- <strong>text</strong> bolds the text in between the code blocks.
Let's walk through how to edit your signature using HTML code:
- Click on your name in the top right corner and select Settings.
- From the Profile page, scroll to the Email Signature edit box.
- Click the Code View (</>) icon on the signature toolbar. The source code editor will pop up.
- Enter or edit the code.
- Click Save in the Source Code window. The changes you made will appear in the Email Signature Editor window.
- Click Save Profile.
Set Your Time Zone
Your time zone allows SalesLoft to schedule your tasks and activities. To set your time zone, follow these steps:
- Go to the Profile page under your Personal Settings.
- Scroll to the Time Zone section.
- Click the dropdown menu to view the available time zones.
- Select your time zone.
- Click Save.
SalesLoft’s Meetings feature allows People to see the available times on your calendar and schedule time with you for calls, demos, or to finalize deals.
The Calendar page in your Personal Settings is where you will set up and manage your calendar that will be used to book meetings. To learn more about how to set up your calendar, check out the Set Up Your Meetings Calendar article.
The majority of the Dialer setup takes place in the Calls Settings page which you will access from your Personal Settings. Here, you will add your forwarding number and pre-record voicemail messages.
To learn more about how to set up your Dialer, including instructions on the Dialer setup features, check out the Set Up the Dialer article.
SalesLoft currently integrates with Salesforce. To learn how to connect to your Salesforce account, check out our Salesforce User Guide article.
If you are using another CRM, you can log emails in your CRM using our BCC feature.
Things to Note:
- Connecting to your CRM is not required with SalesLoft. If you do not have Salesforce or another CRM to connect to, you will not lose any SalesLoft application functionality (saving and sharing templates, email intelligence, in-app dialer, etc.).
- Enabling the BCC option along with a Salesforce connection will result in a duplicate activity being synced. Salesforce activity is automatically synced, so this BCC option is not required for Salesforce users.
Follow these steps to set up your BCC:
- Ensure your CRM supports BCC functionality and set up your CRM to support logging emails sent in this way.
- Access your SalesLoft Settings and go to the CRM Settings page.
- Enter the desired BCC address in the field provided. Now, all of your emails sent from SalesLoft will be logged in your CRM.
The Downloads Settings page provides available downloads from the SalesLoft platform.
The SalesLoft Chrome Extension
The SalesLoft Google Chrome Extension enhances your SalesLoft experience beyond the platform itself with features like Connect, the Dialer Everywhere, and more. Install the extension from the Downloads Settings page. To learn more about the extension, check out the Google Chrome Extension article.
The Downloads Settings page also contains a Salesforce Dashboard Package called Insight from SalesLoft. For more information on the Insight Dashboard Package, including a download walkthrough, check out the Insight from SalesLoft article.
Things to Note: This package may only be downloaded by a SalesLoft and Salesforce admin. Please contact your team admin to ask about Insight.
SalesLoft improves your standard email sends with tracking capabilities, templates, and smart tools that will enhance your communication, increase overall efficiency, and make your sales process smarter.
Your personal email setup will take place in the Email Settings page within your Personal Settings. From here, you may connect your email client and enable email sync.
Connect to Your Email
To set up your email client, you must connect to your email account. Select your email client to view instructions on how to connect your email:
- Gmail: Follow the instructions listed in our Setting Up Your Email Account - Gmail article.
- Outlook: Check out our Setting Up Your Email Account- Outlook article.
Email Activity Sync
If your team's admin has enabled Email Activity Sync from the Team Email Settings, you will find your own personal Email Activity Sync Settings under your Email Settings.
Your Email Activity Sync allows you to have control over outbound and/or inbound Email Activity Sync. The following sync options are available:
- Allow Outbound Email Activity: Captures all outgoing emails from your connected email account into SalesLoft without hitting the "Loft It" button. This included emails that are sent from your mobile device.
- Allow Inbound Email Activity Sync: Syncs inbound emails received from people who have been previously imported into SalesLoft.
Things to Note:
- The person you are corresponding with (email recipient or sender depending on Outbound or Inbound Sync) must already be imported into SalesLoft.
- Using the "Loft It" button disables Outbound/Inbound Email Sync. Messages sent with "Loft It" button will log, but all other outbound and inbound emails will not sync. In other words, if at any point during the thread the "Loft It" button is used, Email Activity Sync will no longer apply.
The Personal Email Activity Sync Settings also include the Activity Sync Exclusion List. From the list, users can specify domains and email addresses to exclude from being captured by SalesLoft for their own account.
To learn more about the Activity Sync Settings, check out the Team Email Settings Knowledge Base article.
Meeting Intelligence captures recordings of your sales meetings to provide your team with further insights into what happens during your calls. For more information on how to set up Meeting Intelligence, check out our Set Up Meeting Intelligence article.
Things to Note: Your admin must activate Meeting Intelligence for your team and enable Meeting Intelligence for you as an individual user.