Call pass through initiates your calls in the SalesLoft platform, and takes the actual call from a second phone line. You can use a landline, like your office phone, or a cell phone.
SalesLoft's call pass through is an alternative option to using the in-app dialer. Pass through's primary function is to solve call connectivity issues caused by a weak internet connection. As great as it is to have a dialer within your browser, sometimes you may prefer the mobility of cell phone or the familiarity of your desk phone. Pass through callings allows you to make calls beyond your computer.
In this article, you will learn about SalesLoft's Pass Through calling function, including:
There are some importing things to be aware of prior to setting up a Pass Through line:
- Additional charges may apply. Due to the nature of the call with a call being made to your preferred phone and then to the person you are calling, Twilio recognizes two calls taking place and your call rate will be doubled.
- We recommend you use pass through as a last resort. For example, if you have a weak internet connection that is not able to connect to a call, the pass-through option will allow you to continue using the dialer.
- Numbers with extensions are currently not supported.
You may set up a pass through number from your personal Call settings. To set up a pass through line, follow these steps:
- Click your name in the right-hand corner and go to Settings.
- Click Calls from the Your Settings menu.
- Enter the number of the phone you prefer to make calls from in the Pass Through Number box.
- Hit Save.
To make a call using a pass through line, follow these steps:
- Open the dialer. If you have enabled pass through dialing, it'll always be turned on by default. You can toggle pass through dialing on and off by clicking the pass through icon on the dial pad.
- Hit Call. The pass through number you entered in your phone settings will ring and you'll see an alert at the top of your screen.
- Answer your pass through phone and press 1 on the receiving phone's dial pad. SalesLoft will then complete the call by dialing your prospect.
- Complete your call as normal.