Accounts in SalesLoft are the equivalent to accounts in your Salesforce instance. Your SalesLoft accounts are the business or companies you want to sell to and engage with throughout the sales process.
The Accounts page allows you to view all of your Accounts at a glance, create new Accounts and archive Accounts. Here you can view the Account name and domain, how many people you have in your SalesLoft database at that company, Account stage, tags, stats, the date Account was last contacted, the owner, and the date the Account was added.
To access the Accounts page, select the account icon that looks like a building from the side nav.
In this article, we will walk through the Account page layout and explain each piece of the page, including:
- Filter & Sort Accounts
- Saved Account Views
- Account Actions Tab
- Account Search
- Accounts List-view
- Select Account Actions
Your list of account may seem overwhelming when you first arrive on the accounts page. SalesLoft makes it easy to refine your list of accounts to a selective group using the filter & sort feature. This way you can view the accounts that matter most to you in the order you prefer to see them.
To filter, click Filter & Sort, then select your filter options. You can filter by:
- Account Stage
- Account Tier
- Account Name or URL
To sort, click Filter & Sort, then select your sorting options. You can sort by:
- Date Created
- Number of People
- Last Contacted
Each column header can also be used to sort the list. To sort the Account list view to fit your preference, follow these steps:
- Select the appropriate column header. The header name will turn blue.
- Use the arrow to the right of the header name to set the sorting direction. The arrow will point up or down (ascending or descending order) to reflect the order of the list.
Things to Note: If you choose to sort from the Filter & Sort menu, the selected column's header will reflect the chosen sort.
Filtering your accounts list allows you to view accounts that contain specific criteria. Piggybacking off of the filter & sort feature, you can save the filtered list that you put in place. This way you can easily access a view without having to recreate the same filter each time you access the accounts page.
To save a filtered view, for these instructions:
- Go to the Accounts Page.
- Select Filter & Sort.
- Set your filter or sort the companies to your liking. Hit Update.
- In the top right of the page, to the right of Accounts, select the name of the view.
- Enter the new name of your view. Hit Save.
- Once the view has been created you can access it by selecting the view name in the top left corner. A drop-down will appear with your saved views listed. Select your view.
Allows you to refine your list of accounts into specific segments.
General actions that add to or provide additional activity from the accounts page. To access either of these actions, go to your Accounts page, and select Account Actions in the top right corner. These actions include:
- Adding an account
- Linking accounts
Allows you to search for a specific company or group of accounts. To use the search bar, follow these steps:
- In the search bar, enter the name of an account or URL to define your search.
- Hit the enter key.
- Your account list will then display the search results. The filter bar will appear, defining the search criteria that fits the current list-view.
- To clear your results, select Clear from the filter bar.
The accounts list-view is your comprehensive view of accounts. From the accounts list, you can quickly view basic account information and select accounts to take specific actions. You can also sort your list by selecting the column headers (see the Filter and Sort section for more info).
Things to Note: If fields are missing information, they can be edited from the account’s profile page.
Let’s take a look at the different data columns that are on display in the accounts list-view:
- Account Name: The name of the account.
- People: Number of people associated with that account.
- Stage: The person’s most recent person stage.
- Account Tier: The Account tier that has been applied to the Account.
- Tags: Labels attached to the person. Selecting a tag will filter the list by that tag.
- Stats: Metrics affiliated with that Account based on the related Person activity. Each stat will be under an icon. The stats shown include:
- Emails Sent
- Emails with Opens
- Emails Clicked
- Emails with Replies
- Last Contacted: When communication with this person was last attempted.
- Owner: SalesLoft user who owns the account. The owner defaults to the user who imported the account unless reassigned.
- Date Added: When the account was added to SalesLoft
SalesLoft allows you to do more with accounts other than filter & sort, add new accounts, and view information. When you select the checkboxes to the left of an individual or multiple accounts additional account action items appear at the top of your accounts list. Below is a list of the available actions:
- Update Owner
- Set stage
To learn more about each of these actions, check out our Select Account Actions from the Account Page article.