People in SalesLoft are just like your Leads and Contacts in Salesforce. Your SalesLoft People are the individuals that you reach out to, have conversations with, and engage throughout the sales process.
The People page is designed to help you import, sort, filter, and take action on individuals or multiple People at a time.
To access the People page, select the People icon that looks like a building from the side nav.
In this article, we will walk through the People page view, including:
- Saved People Views
- Filter & Sort the People List
- Add Person Filters
- People Search
- Export People
- Create People Button
- People Table
- Select People Actions
Filtering your People list view lets you see a select group of People. Piggybacking off of the filter & sort feature, you can save the refined list you use. This way you can easily access a particular filter without having to set the same filter each time you access the People page.
To save a filtered view, follow these instructions:
1. Go to the People page.
2. Filter the list.
3. As you change the filters, a Save As button will appear in the upper left corner of the People page. Click Save As.
4. Enter the new name of your view. Hit Save.
5. Once the view has been created you can access it by selecting the name in the top left corner of the People page. A dropdown will appear with your saved views listed. Select your view.
You can filter the People Page by several different fields.
If you apply multiple filters, the results will be be a combination of all filters chosen ('AND'). For example when filtering the page for Job Seniority = Director and Cadence = Outbound Cadence, the results will show people who are Directors that are also on the Outbound Cadence.
The following filters are available on the People Page:
- Owner: Filter based on the user who is assigned the actions related to the Person. Users can filter for Owned by:
- All Users
- Active Users
- Inactive Users
- A Specific User.
- Account: Filters the People list to all People linked to the same Account.
- Cadence: Users can filter by Cadence Name, displayed in a list. This will show People actively on the Cadence name chosen.
- Import: Users can filter by Import Batch Name, displayed in a list.
- Job Seniority: Users can filter by Job Seniority, displayed in a list. Users can filter for People who do not have Job Seniority assigned.
- Person Stage: Users can filter by Person Stage, displayed in a list.
- Status: Filters based on the status label. The labels are shown as different icons to the left of the Person's name.
- Do Not Contact: Does not include Contact Restrictions
- Tag: Users can filter by a particular Tag.
You can also sort the table by clicking on the title headers. One click will sort ascending, another click will sort descending, and a third will remove the sort.
You can sort on the following fields on the table:
- Job Seniority
- Calls Logged All Time
- Emails Sent All Time
- Emails Opened All Time
- Emails Clicked All Time
- Emails Replied All Time
- Last Contacted
- Date Added
This image shows the People list sort by the Person's names in descending order:
Add Person Filters
The Add Filter button lets you select filters that are specific to the People page.
To add filters, follow these steps:
- From the filter row of your report, click the Add Filter button. A dropdown will appear with your available filters.
- Select the filter you wish to add. The filter will appear on the filter row with the dropdown open.
- Select the options within the filter. You People list will adapt to the filtered settings.
Allows you to search for a specific Person or group of People. To use the search bar, follow these steps:
- In the search bar, enter the name of a Person, name of an Account, or role to define your search.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Your people list will then display the search results. The filter bar will appear, defining the search criteria that fits the current list.
- To clear your results, select Clear from the filter bar.
If you’d like to share People metrics outside of SalesLoft, you may do so by exporting the People. Exporting will create a CSV file based off of your People list. If the People have been filtered, the export will comply with the filter’s rules.
To export People, follow these steps:
- From the People page, click Export in the right corner of the page.
- An Exporting popup will appear asking if you want to export based on the current filter. Click Export.
- A notification will inform you that the export will be delivered to your email.
- When you receive the email, click the link to download the export.
General actions that add to or provide additional activity from the People page. To access either of these types of actions, go to your People page, and select Create People in the top right corner. These actions include:
- Create Person: Allows you to manually add one Person to SalesLoft.
- Import from a CSV: Allows you to select a CSV file to import multiple People.
- Import from Salesforce: Shows how to import People into SalesLoft from Salesforce.
- View Your Import History: Shows previously completed imports. From the Import History page, you can click an import to filter the People list by that import only.
The People table is your comprehensive People list. From the People list, you can quickly view primary People info and select People to take specific actions on. You can also filter or sort by these options.
Things to Note: If fields are missing information, they can be edited from the Person Profile page.
For more information on each column listed in the People table, check out The People Table Layout article.
SalesLoft allows you to do more with People than filter & sort, add new People, and export metrics. By selecting multiple People or an individual Person, additional People action items appear at the top of your People list.
Click the links for more information on how to complete each action. For an in-depth explanation of each action, check out our Select People Actions from the People Page article.
Below is a list of the available actions:
- Add to Cadence
- Remove from All Cadences
Send a One-off Email
Add to Account
- Update Job Seniority
- Update Owner
Mark Do Not Contact: Keeps SalesLoft users from engaging with a Person in SalesLoft. All the metrics on the Person will still exist.
Delete People: Deletes the Person from SalesLoft. All metrics associated with that Person will also be deleted.
- Mark as EU Resident: Marking someone as an EU Resident disables open tracking, click tracking, and Live Website Tracking for GDPR compliance.
- Unmark EU Resident: Removes the EU Resident label from users who have previously been marked as an EU Resident.