People in SalesLoft are just like your Leads and Contacts in Salesforce. Your SalesLoft People are the individuals that you reach out to, have conversations with, and engage throughout the sales process.
The People page is designed to help you import, sort, filter, and take action on individuals or multiple People at a time.
To access the People page, select the People icon that looks like a building from the side nav.
In this article, we will walk through the People page view, including:
- Filter & Sort
- Saved People Views
- Export People
- Create People Button
- People Search
- People Filtered Stats
- People Table
- Select People Actions
SalesLoft makes it easy to refine your list of People to a selective group using the filter & sort feature.
To filter, click Filter & Sort, then select your filter options. You can filter by:
- Job Seniority
- Person Stage
To sort, click Filter & Sort, then select your sorting options. You can sort by:
- Date Imported
- First Name
- Cadence Name
- Last Contacted
- Last Name
- Total Calls
- Email metrics
To remove filtering or sorting, click the Clear link on the toolbar.
You can also sort the People list by selecting one of the following column headers:
- Job Seniority
- Last Contacted
Filtering your People list view lets you see a select group of People. Piggybacking off of the filter & sort feature, you can save the refined list you use. This way you can easily access a particular filter without having to set the same filter each time you access the People page.
To save a filtered view, follow these instructions:
- Go to the People page.
- Select Filter & Sort.
- Set your filter or sort the People to your liking. Hit Update.
- In the top right of the page, to the right of People, select the name of the view (should read "My People").
- Enter the new name of your view. Hit Save.
- Once the view has been created you can access it by selecting the view name from the dropdown in the top left corner of the page.
If you’d like to share People metrics outside of SalesLoft, you may do so by exporting the People. Exporting will create a CSV file based off of your People list. If the People have been filtered, the export will comply with the filter’s rules.
To export People, follow these steps:
- From the People page, click Export in the right corner of the page.
- An Exporting popup will appear asking if you want to export based on the current filter. Click Export.
- A notification will inform you that the export will be delivered to your email.
- When you receive the email, click the link to download the export.
General actions that add to or provide additional activity from the People page. To access either of these types of actions, go to your People page, and select Create People in the top right corner. These actions include:
- Create Person: Allows you to manually add one Person to SalesLoft.
- Import from a CSV: Allows you to select a CSV file to import multiple People.
- Import from Salesforce: Shows how to import People into SalesLoft from Salesforce.
- View Your Import History: Shows previously completed imports. From the Import History page, you can click an import to filter the People list by that import only.
Allows you to search for a specific Person or group of People. To use the search bar, follow these steps:
- In the search bar, enter the name of a Person, name of an Account, or role to define your search.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Your people list will then display the search results. The filter bar will appear, defining the search criteria that fits the current list.
- To clear your results, select Clear from the filter bar.
Shows stats based off of the current list filter. The filter stats include:
- All: Total number of People in the current list of People.
- Successes: The number of People who have been marked as a Success and contain the Success status.
- Not Yet Contacted: Number of People from the list who have never been contacted and are considered new.
- Bounced: Number of People who have been sent emails that bounced back and contain the Bounced status.
- Co Not Contact: Number of People who have been marked as Do Not Contact (DNC) or opted out of communication.
- Starred: Number of People who have been starred. Starred individuals will show at the top of the People list.
The People table is your comprehensive People list. From the People list, you can quickly view primary People info and select People to take specific actions on. You can also filter or sort by these options.
Things to Note: If fields are missing information, they can be edited from the Person Profile page.
For more information on each column listed in the People table, check out The People Table Layout article.
SalesLoft allows you to do more with People than filter & sort, add new People, and export metrics. By selecting multiple People or an individual Person, additional People action items appear at the top of your People list.
Click the links for more information on how to complete each action. For an in-depth explanation of each action, check out our Select People Actions from the People Page article.
Below is a list of the available actions:
- Update Owner
- Add to Cadence
- Remove from All Cadences
Send a One-off Email
Add to Account
Mark Do Not Contact: Keeps SalesLoft users from engaging with a Person in SalesLoft. All the metrics on the Person will still exist.
Delete People: Deletes the Person from SalesLoft. All metrics associated with that Person will also be deleted.
- Mark as EU Resident: Marking someone as an EU Resident disables open tracking, click tracking, and Live Website Tracking for GDPR compliance.
- Unmark EU Resident: Removes the EU Resident label from users who have previously been marked as an EU Resident.
- Update Job Seniority