The Overview tab provides a quick view of SalesLoft activities. This tab is best for getting a quick look at your general activity metrics and a brief history of the activities that have been completed.
The Overview is split into panels that focus on a particular metric segment, like calls logged. Each panel has between 9-12 pieces of information that can be used with the date and group filter at top of the page.
In this article, we will walk through the Overview tab, including:
Important Overview Details
- Data levels are broken down by time: The lowest level of details is by hour by Person.
- Average line: All trend lines have an average line in grey showing the average across the selected date range.
- Weekends Data: Weekends are excluded from trend lines when the date range is more than 5 days ONLY.
- How far back does the data go? Step and Cadence data goes back to January 2019.
Each panel in the Overview consists of the same six elements.
The panels include the following sets of information:
- Panel Name: This describes the type of information that is in the panel across the primary and secondary metrics.
- Primary Metric: It is the larger metric found on the left side of the panel. It has the total, average, or count of the selected metric. Adjacent to the primary metric is the period comparison for the primary metric.
- Primary Metric Chart: This is the chart associated with the primary metric. It provides additional contextual information on the primary metric. The primary metric chart excludes weekends when selecting a date range > 5 days.
- Secondary Metrics: These are additional metrics associated with the panel topic. There can be up to four secondary metrics in a panel.
- View Report: This drills down to the corresponding report where users can view details grouped by Cadence, user, or date.
- Period Comparison: Based on the date range selected, the period comparison will show the comparison for the selected period compared to its prior identical period. Here are the period comparisons currently available explained:
- 7 Days - Compares the most recent 7 days to the prior 7 days.
- Week to Date - Compares the current week to date, e.g. Monday to Wednesday, to the prior week’s Monday to Wednesday. All weeks begin on a Monday.
- Month to Date - Compares the current month to date, e.g. the 1st to the 21st, to the prior month’s 1st to the 21st.
30 Days - Compares the most recent 30 days to the prior 30 days. This is a rolling comparison.
90 Days - Compares the most recent 90 days to the prior 90 days. This is a rolling comparison.
Currently, there are six panels to view in the Overview tab. You can learn more about each panel by clicking the link and visiting that panel's individual Knowledge Base article.
The panels include the following: