The Overview tab provides a quick view of your email, phone, and other activities during the specified timeframe. This tab is best for getting a quick look at your general activity metrics and a brief history of the activities that have been completed.
The Overview will help answer the following questions:
- How are activities (emails, calls, and other steps) trending?
- How does our activity volume compare to the prior period?
- How likely will activity volume goals be met in this period?
- What are our daily average rates for emails, calls, and other steps?
In this article, we will walk through the Overview tab and its stats, including:
In the Analytics Overview page, you will see three primary metrics (emails delivered, calls made, and other steps).
The green or red values next to emails and calls are period comparisons. Based on the date range selected, the period compares the exact date range from the prior period.
The trend lines show the daily activity volumes for the selected date range. The trend line excludes Saturdays and Sundays; however, any activities performed on weekends are captured in the primary metric totals.
The three graphs also include average lines shown as dotted horizontal lines. The average line is calculated based on the selected date range.
The Emails Delivered section takes a look at the overall email metrics (based on the set filters). This section shows the following:
- Number of Emails Delivered: This includes any emails sent, not just those within a Cadence. If any emails have bounced, those are subtracted from the emails delivered number.
- Percent Change of Emails Delivered: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Emails Opened: Number of emails opened.
- Emails Clicked: Number of emails with links that were clicked.
- Emails Replied: Number of emails replied to.
The Calls Made section takes a look at the overall call metrics (based on the set filters). This section shows the following:
- Number of Calls Made and Logged: Includes counts of any calls logged in SalesLoft, not just those within a Cadence.
- Percent Change of Calls Made: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Positive Conversations: Number of calls with the sentiment Interested, Timeline 6-12 Months, or Demo Set.
- Voicemails: Number of calls with the disposition Left Voicemail.
This section is pretty to the point. The number shown is the number of Other steps that have been completed based on the filter settings.
Things to Note: As of now, any Integration steps (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Sendoso, Zipwhip) are not included in the Other steps calculation. Other steps only count steps that were created using the Other option. Integration steps are only included in the completed steps calculation.