The Overview tab provides a quick view of your email, phone, and other activities during the specified timeframe. This tab is best for getting a quick look at your general activity metrics and a brief history of the activities that have been completed.
In this article, we will walk through the Overview tab and its stats, including:
The first section of the Overview tab gives a very quick view into the status of activities based on the filter. informs you of know the quick stats at a glance. The overview section includes:
- Here’s what we did: Compares your activity to the previous time period based on your filter settings.
- Activities Chart: A visual representation of the activities that have occurred during the designated time period (based on the filter). The activities shown include:
The Emails Delivered section takes a look at the overall email metrics (based on the set filters). This sections shows the following:
- Number of emails delivered: This includes any emails sent, not just those within a Cadence. If any emails have bounced, those are subtracted from the email delivered number.
- Percent Change of Emails Delivered: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Emails Opened: Number of emails opened.
- Emails Clicked: Number of emails with links that were clicked.
- Emails Replied: Number of emails replied to.
The Calls made section takes a look at the overall email metrics (based on the set filters). This sections shows the following:
- Number of calls made and logged: Includes counts any calls logged in SalesLoft, not just those within a Cadence.
- Percent Change of Calls Made: Percent change compared to the last time period. The time period is defined by user choice.
- Positive Conversations: Number of calls with the sentiment Interested, Timeline 6-12 Months, or Demo Set.
- Voicemails: Number of calls with the disposition Left Voicemail.
This section is pretty to the point. The number shown is the number of Other steps that have been completed based on the filter settings.