In this article, you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about SalesLoft's integration with Salesforce, including:
When you import an Account from Salesforce into SalesLoft, the Salesforce and SalesLoft records will be linked according to your team's Account Management settings.
If an Account exists in SalesLoft, but the behavior changes on the Salesforce side of things, Accounts will be linked according to the following rules:
- When a Lead is converted to a Contact in Salesforce: The Account in SalesLoft will automatically link to the Contact's Account in Salesforce.
- When the Account of a Contact is changed: The Person will be updated and tied to the correct Account in SalesLoft to mirror the new Account association in Salesforce.
When you migrate your Salesforce instance, your Salesforce URL updates to a new web address. This means that any preexisting Salesforce connections to Leads, Contacts, Accounts, etc., will result in broken links.
To prevent broken links that may occur with a Salesforce migration, reach out to our support team. Provide the time when you would like us to update the Salesforce data along with your new URL link. For example, your former URL may have been na12.salesforce.com and you are moving to my.domain.salesforce.com.
You will need to ensure that your Salesforce Object IDs remain the same during the migration. With the above example, an Object ID would have been na12.salesforce.com/003abcdefg and after the migration, would be my.domain.salesforce.com/003abcdefg. For additional resources on this, please consult with Salesforce on your database migration.
After the migration is complete, update and test your Salesforce connection.
- Disconnect your Salesforce Sync Main Connector from previous CRM and reestablish connection with the new instance.
- Have each individual user disconnect from previous CRM and reconnect to new CRM (new SFDC instance).
- Import leads/contacts.
- Assess your Sync Logs for success/failures and notify email@example.com for any failures.