In this article, you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about SalesLoft's integration with Salesforce, including:
- How Does SalesLoft Link Accounts in Salesforce?
- How Can I Migrate Salesforce Instances?
- How do I Connect to a Salesforce Sandbox?
- How Do I Disconnect from a Salesforce Sandbox?
When you import an Account from Salesforce into SalesLoft, the Salesforce and SalesLoft records will be linked according to your team's Account Management settings.
If an Account exists in SalesLoft, but the behavior changes on the Salesforce side of things, Accounts will be linked according to the following rules:
- When a Lead is converted to a Contact in Salesforce: The Account in SalesLoft will automatically link to the Contact's Account in Salesforce.
- When the Account of a Contact is changed: The Person will be updated and tied to the correct Account in SalesLoft to mirror the new Account association in Salesforce.
When you migrate your Salesforce instance, your Salesforce URL updates to a new web address. This means that any preexisting Salesforce connections to Leads, Contacts, Accounts, etc., will result in broken links.
To prevent broken links that may occur with a Salesforce migration, reach out to our support team. Provide the time when you would like us to update the Salesforce data along with your new URL link. For example, your former URL may have been na12.salesforce.com and you are moving to my.domain.salesforce.com.
You will need to ensure that your Salesforce Object IDs remain the same during the migration. With the above example, an Object ID would have been na12.salesforce.com/003abcdefg and after the migration, would be my.domain.salesforce.com/003abcdefg. For additional resources on this, please consult with Salesforce on your database migration.
After the migration is complete, update and test your Salesforce connection.
- Disconnect your Salesforce Sync Main Connector from previous CRM and reestablish connection with the new instance.
- Have each individual user disconnect from previous CRM and reconnect to new CRM (new SFDC instance).
- Import leads/contacts.
- Assess your Sync Logs for success/failures and notify email@example.com for any failures.
Teams may test your SalesLoft field configuration and activity logs in Salesforce by using a Salesforce sandbox before rolling out the field configuration settings to your entire team.
Things to Note: Each user on your team will need to follow these steps to connect to the Sandbox instance.
We have created a short workaround to allow this connection for temporary testing purposes. Follow these steps to connect SalesLoft to your Salesforce sandbox:
- Click on your name in the top right and select Settings.
- Navigate to the CRM page under the Your Settings section in the left-hand menu bar. Even if you've already connected previously to a standard Salesforce instance, you can change it to a sandbox connection now.
- In the address bar at the top of your browser, add "?sandbox" to the end of the URL, like this:
- Now, your Salesforce connection should show the word (Sandbox) at the end in parenthesis. You can now click that button to connect via test.Salesforce.com instead of the standard Salesforce log-in page.
How do I Disconnect from a Salesforce Sandbox?
If you’ve been experimenting with your Salesforce sandbox and are now prepared to take things to production you should disconnect your Sandbox environment and switch to your Salesforce production instance.
To disconnect from your Salesforce sandbox, follow these steps:
- Disconnect your CRM here: https://app.salesloft.com/app/settings/crm
- Log out of your Sandbox Salesforce if you have any other browser tabs open. Log into your production SFDC instance.
- Connect your CRM settings to the production instance.
- Update your main connector user.
- Lastly, remap the field mapping for the production instance in the field configuration page tabs.