Along with syncing to your team’s Salesforce account, the Salesforce Connector tab allows you to set Salesforce rules that will apply to your team.
In this article, you will learn about additional settings to manage your team's Salesforce to SalesLoft integration, including:
- Activity Logging Settings
- Linking SalesLoft People to Salesforce
- Owner Sync Settings
- CRM Record Selection
Any activity logged in SalesLoft also logs in Salesforce by default. If you would like to disable logging a specific type of activity or all activity for any reason, you can. Follow the instructions below to disable activity logging.
- Navigate to Salesforce Connector in your Team Settings and go to the Settings tab.
- Under Activity Logging you will see checkboxes next to the following options:
- Enable Call Logging
- Enable Email Logging
- Enable Email Reply Logging
- Enable Note Logging
- Enable Meeting Logging
When a Person is added to SalesLoft manually or from a CSV file, their record needs to be linked to their Lead or Contact record in Salesforce so their activity logs correctly. SalesLoft will check the user’s Salesforce instance for the Person’s record based off of the settings designated under Linking People to Salesforce.
There are four options to link People to Salesforce:
- Contact, fallback to Lead (Default): SalesLoft will search for a matching Contact record first. If a Contact does not match, we will scan the Lead records. We recommend this linking method when the majority of People records in your Salesforce fall under Contacts, but you also use Leads.
- Lead, fallback to Contact: SalesLoft will search for a matching Lead record first. If a Lead does not match, we will scan the Contact records. We recommend this linking method when most People records in your Salesforce fall under Leads, but occasionally you use Contacts.
- Contact: SalesLoft will only search Contact records to link. Use this method if you only work with Contacts.
- Lead: SalesLoft will only search Lead records to link. Use this method if you only work with Leads.
- Do not link: SalesLoft will not scan Salesforce and will not link any records. If you attempt to link a record, the linking will not occur. We only recommend this option if you are not using Salesforce and do not require linking at all.
Ownership in Salesforce determines which Salesforce user manages Accounts, Contacts, Leads, etc. While ownership in SalesLoft doesn't hold the same restrictions, it may be helpful to have the Accounts and People in SalesLoft owned by the same user across both systems. This will make it easy for a user to sync up their data and activity logs to their Salesforce records.
In order to keep ownership aligned across both systems, a SalesLoft admin may enable owner sync. To enable owner sync, select the check box for When an owner changes in SalesLoft, update owner in Salesforce.
The CRM Record Selection tab is where you may enable your team to log activities to alternative Salesforce records.
Things to Note:
- Logging to alternative records is currently only available using SalesLoft Connect for Gmail.
- Enabling this feature increases the number of API calls made to Salesforce.
Once this feature is enabled, your team may choose the Lead, Contact, Account, or Opportunity record that the activity will log to.
To enable CRM record selection, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Salesforce Connector in your Admin Settings.
- Go to the CRM Record Selection tab.
- When the feature is off, the toggle will appear grey and the text will say Manual CRM Record Selection is disabled.
- Click the toggle to enable the feature. The button will change from grey to blue and the text will now read Manual CRM Record Selection is enabled.