Team managers and admins know that changes within your team are inevitable. You are constantly bringing on new team members and/or saying goodbye to others. This leads to a fluctuating number of users within the systems you use the most, like your sales engagement platform.
Auto-User Provisioning Integration, aka the SCIM standard, within Okta allows for a User Provisioning Integration. This feature automatically triggers a user account creation in SalesLoft when a user identity is created in Okta.
This standard also enables IT departments to automate the provisioning process of SalesLoft, all within your team's Okta.
In this article, we will walk through what you must do in Okta to configure provisioning for SalesLoft, including:
The following provisioning features are supported:
- Push new users
- New users created through Okta will also be created in SalesLoft
- Push profile updates
- Updates made to the user’s profile through Okta will be pushed to SalesLoft
- Push user deactivation
- Deactivating the user in Okta will deactivate the user in SalesLoft
API Key Provisioned with SalesLoft: You will need this key when setting up the Integration in Okta.
- User assigned to the API Key is a SalesLoft admin that can manage the team
1. First, the main admin of your SalesLoft application will need to set up an API Key with SalesLoft. Follow these instructions:
- Go to accounts.salesloft.com and go to Your Apps.
- Click on Create New for API Keys to create a new API Key.
- Name the New API Key (example: “SCIM”).
2. After you have acquired your API Key, return to Okta and log in as an administrator.
3. In the Admin area, go to the Applications menu and click on the SalesLoft application.
4. Navigate to the Provisioning tab.
5. Select Configure API Integration, then select Enable API Integration.
6. Under API Token, enter the API Key you have acquired above.
7. Navigate to the To App tab on the left. Here we will select the provisioning features we would like enabled. The following are available:
- Add Users
- Update User Attributes
- Deactivate Users
8. Once this is set up, users will appear as you add a user to the SalesLoft application.
Okta does not support updating the username attribute (user email) through SCIM at this time.
When attempting to edit the username attribute for the SalesLoft Okta app, Okta will deactivate the user, and create a new user with the edited email in SalesLoft.
If the username attribute needs to be updated within Okta, this must be done at the global level of Okta. Please refer to Okta's support article for help on user attributes: https://help.okta.com/en/prod/Content/Topics/Directory/eu-profile_editor_tasks.htm
If you experience any issues, please contact SalesLoft's Support team.