While your CRM's Lead and Contact fields map to SalesLoft Person fields, CRM Account fields map to SalesLoft Accounts (same name, keeping it simple).
All SalesLoft Account fields can be edited from the Account’s Profile page. But in order to complete an import from your CRM into SalesLoft or push data from SalesLoft to your CRM (and vice versa), the SalesLoft Account fields need to be mapped to the appropriate CRM Account fields.
To configure your Account fields, go to the Field Configuration tab under your Team Settings, then navigate to the Account Fields tab at the top of the page.
Things to Note:
- SalesLoft requires two field values to create an Account in SalesLoft. They are Account Name and Domain. Due to these requirements, you must map these fields if you would like CRM Accounts to be created in SalesLoft.
- SalesLoft does not assign default field mapping for CRM Sync. If you wish for information to sync between the two platforms, you must set the field mapping.
In this article, you will learn all about Account field configuration between SalesLoft and your CRM, including:
- Account Field Mapping
- The Account Tier Field
- Add a Custom Account Field
- SLU: What to Map and Why: Account Fields (Video)
Let’s get to mapping those fields!
Person and Account field mapping uses the same process with a slightly different layout. Your SalesLoft Account column contains the standard SalesLoft field name. To the right of the SalesLoft Account field, you can view the CRM Account field information and edit the field mapping for default fields. You can also add custom fields to map to your CRM fields that do not exist in SalesLoft.
Things to Note: Don't know which fields to map? Check out our Recommended Salesforce Fields guide for ideas to get started.
Follow the instructions below to map your fields. For this example, we will map the Domain Account field:
- Connect SalesLoft to your CRM Main Connector account or a Salesforce Sandbox.
- Navigate to the Field Configuration tab under your Team Settings.
- Go to the Account Fields tab.
- Scroll down the list of SalesLoft Account Field Names and find Domain. When you map fields, if you cannot find the field name in your list, you will need to create a custom field.
- Click the ellipses on the Domain line and select Edit Mapping.
- Next to the CRM Field Name, use the dropdown picklist to find the CRM field you wish to map to. For the Domain example, we recommend you may the domain to the Website CRM field.
- Select the Field Name. The CRM API Name and Field Type will populate once the CRM Field Name is selected.
- Set the Direction. The direction says how the field will be updated.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 4-9 for any additional fields you’d like to map, selecting the CRM field and the sync direction for each.
Account Tiers help segment sales strategies and allow companies to create focus around the most important Accounts. Team members who sort their steps by Tier can execute Account-based marketing strategies directly from the SalesLoft platform.
As a team admin, you can view and manage the Account Tier values from the Field Configuration tab. The field is listed under the Account Fields tab. Select the field to map and edit the values listed.
By default, SalesLoft offers the following tier values:
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
Admins can change the Account Tier values by selecting the Edit Mapping from the ellipses icon on the Account Tier row. From the Edit Mapping window, you can:
- Edit an Account Tier Level: Change the name of an existing tier by editing the name in the text box.
- Add an Account Tier Level: Click Add Tier Level. Type in the name of the new tier and hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Reorder Your Account Tier Levels: Grab the row by selecting the six dots to the right of the priority level name. Then, drag the row up or down.
- Remove an Account Tier Level: To delete a tier level, select the subtraction icon to the left of the priority level's name.
Once your changes have been made, click Save.
The standardized, "out-of-the-box" field names that exist for all SalesLoft teams are known as default fields. However, we at SalesLoft know that your team's use case may go beyond our default field names. So, SalesLoft allows team admins to create your own custom fields in order to map and display record data.
You can create custom fields for each Lead, Contact, or Account field and set them to be mapped to and from your CRM. Any custom fields that are created can be used as dynamic tags.
To create a custom field, follow the instructions listed below:
- Navigate to the right side of your screen, and click the + Add Custom Field button.
- The New Custom Field Mapping box will appear. Fill in the name of your custom field in the SalesLoft Field Name text box.
- Check the Account box as the CRM Object.
- Use the CRM Field Name picklist to select a CRM field.
- Chose the sync direction, just as you did with the default fields above.
- Hit Save.
- Once you have added the custom field, you will see an asterisk next to the field name.
SLU: What to Map and Why: Account Fields (Video)
Want to know more about Account field mapping, but prefer a video format? Visit SalesLoft University to see the What to Map and Why: Account Fields video tutorial.