The top and right bar menus of the SalesLoft platform contain navigation and search options. From these navigation bars, you may hop to the different features and functions in the platform.
While the pages you are on may change, these bars will be consistent no matter what page you are on within the platform.
In this article, we will explain each navigation bar and their functions, including:
- The Top Navigation Bar
- Search in SalesLoft
- Submit Product Feedback or Support Tickets
- SalesLoft Side Navigation
You will see the SalesLoft top navigation (top nav) bar on every page in the SalesLoft platform. Aptly named for its location, the top nav bar provides SalesLoft quick actions as well as additional resources and tools.
The top nav bar contains the following:
Side Navigation menu options: Represented by the three vertical dashes at the top left of the page. This button expands the Side Navigation toolbar so you can see the name of each icon.
SalesLoft: Clicking the SalesLoft icon will take you to your SalesLoft Home Dashboard.
Search: Global search to find people or accounts in the SalesLoft platform.
Live Feed: Represented by the heartbeat monitor icon, the Live Feed provides real-time alerts of your emails’ tracking activities.
Dial Pad: Opens the Dialer in the bottom right corner of the platform.
Need Help?: Represented by a question mark icon. Provides additional helpful resources and Customer Support information, including:
- Related Articles: Relevant Knowledge Base articles that answer commonly asked questions related to that page.
- SalesLoft University: Common best practices to master your sales engagement and full lessons on how to use SalesLoft.
- Community Forum: Takes you to our community forum where you can discuss best practices with fellow SalesLoft users.
- Knowledge Base: (You are here) Takes you to support.salesloft.com for information and instructions on SalesLoft and its features.
- Submit Feedback: Allows you to provide feedback that our Product team will review to improve SalesLoft.
Salesforce Notifications: Represented by the lightning bolt icon. Shows any failing Salesforce activities. If an activity has failed to log to Salesforce, you will see a notification on the lightning bolt icon. Failed activities display an error message, and allow you to retry the failed activity. Also, this shows your Salesforce status - whether you are connected or disconnected.
Your name: Your name in the upper right corner of the SalesLoft platform isn’t just to let you know that this is your account. Clicking your name opens the main menu dropdown. From this dropdown you can access:
- Settings: Your SalesLoft personal settings that allow you to edit your profile information.
- Product Changes: Represented by the wrapped present icon, product changes announce any recent SalesLoft product developments and product updates. If there is a new product announcement you will see a red dot next to your name on the menu bar.
- Support: Redirects you to SalesLoft’s Knowledge Base.
Log Out: Sign out of SalesLoft.
Rocket Ship Icon: Click the rocket ship to run a Cadence from anywhere within the platform.
The global search functionality allows you to search for any Account or Person in your SalesLoft instance.
The search bar is located in the top navigation bar. No matter where you are in the platform, you can access the search bar. Type the keyboard shortcut / ("forward slash" key) to quickly jump to the search bar at any time.
Search using a Person’s name or Account’s name, phone number, email address, or SalesLoft profile ID (if you’re a numbers rockstar who has that information at the ready). Search results will appear in grouped sections:
Using the search bar is as easy as typing in the search info and selecting the Person or Account. However, there are a few tricks to optimize your search results:
- Type AND or OR: Adding “AND” or “OR” to your search line expands your results.
- Use the wildcard (*): If you do not remember a first name, last name, or the name of an account, the wildcard (*) provides a list of possible matches.
- Quotation marks: To be precise, use quotation marks around your search.
Do you have an idea you would like to share with the SalesLoft Product team or feedback about the app? Or are you running into a technical issue that needs tech support? If you have a suggestion that can help us improve SalesLoft, we want to hear it! And for the technical issues, we want to help!
To submit feedback or submit a support ticket, follow the instructions listed below:
- Navigate to the Need Help? dropdown (the question mark icon located in the upper right corner).
- Click Submit Feedback within the dropdown.
- Select the nature of your feedback. The options are:
- I have a question or need help. Will submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have an idea on how to make SalesLoft better. Directs feedback to SalesLoft's Product team.
- Enter any suggestions you may have in the Your Feedback dialogue box.
- Add your email address in the field below the feedback box.
- Hit Send Feedback. The Feedback box will close and you will see a popup notification that your ticket or feedback has been submitted.
The side navigation (or side nav) will take you anywhere you need to go within the platform. Want to see a comprehensive list of people? Add new templates? Check out your analytics? Select the icon from the side nav to go to the page you want.
If you prefer to see the word associated with the icon, select the triple dash icon located in the upper left-hand corner of the SalesLoft platform. The icon will transform into an arrow and the side nav will expand to show you each icon and the page name.
The side nav contains the following icons:
- Home (house icon): Takes you to the SalesLoft Home Dashboard.
- Cadences (rocketship icon): Takes you to the Cadences page.
- Accounts (building icon): Takes you to the Accounts page.
- People (person icon): Takes you to the People page.
- Emails (envelope icon): Takes you to the Email page.
- Calls (phone icon): Takes you to the Calls page.
- Meeting Intelligence (zoom-in icon): Takes you to the Meeting Intelligence page.
- Templates (page icon): Takes you to the Templates page.
- Snippets (quotation mark icon): Takes you to the Snippets page.
- Analytics (bar graph icon): Takes you to the Analytics page.
- Live Web Tracking (tracker icon): Takes you to the Live Website Tracking page. Must be enabled for users to appear in the side nav.