Once your SalesLoft is connected to your Salesforce account, all of your completed activities will be logged in Salesforce. This means that each time you send an email (or Loft it), log a phone call with the Dialer, complete an Other step, or even take a note, that completed activity will be recorded within the Salesforce record’s activity history.
All activity will be logged on the Lead or Contact level. If a Contact is associated with a Salesforce Account, the activity will log under the Account’s activity history as well.
Each activity type will log the same standard information by default. To include further activity data and information, ask your SalesLoft admin about mapping activity information from the Salesforce Field Configuration.
In this article, we will go over Salesforce logs, including:
- CRM Record Selection
- CRM Record Selection and API Calls
- Salesforce Email Logs
- Salesforce Call Logs
- Salesforce Other Step Logs
- SalesLoft Note Logs in Salesforce
- Meeting Booked Log
- Conversation Intelligence Logs in Salesforce
CRM Record Selection allows users to log email activity to alternative records, giving you complete control over which Salesforce record an email will be logged to. You can also log to an alternative record when Lofting an email from Gmail, Outlook for Windows and Mac, and Outlook Office 365.
By default, when SalesLoft logs an activity, it links to one Salesforce Lead or Contact record based on their particular email address. However, for certain instances, you may need to log that Salesforce data to a different record or even on an alternative object.
Let's say you have multiple opportunities that relate to a Person, but only one is relevant for a particular email. Logging to an alternative record allows you to choose the exact Salesforce record where that activity will log. This will ensure your email activity history is recorded into Salesforce in whatever manner that you and your organization prefer.
Things to Note:
- This feature must be enabled by your team admin from the Salesforce Connector Settings. To enable logging to alternative records, reach out to your team admin to enable the feature.
- Activity logs may also be made to custom objects. Please contact your SalesLoft Success Manager for more information.
To log email activities to different Salesforce records, follow these instructions:
2. A grey bar will appear beneath the Subject line of the email compose window. This bar will let you know where in Salesforce the email is going to log.
- Thing to Note: In the event that there is both a Lead and a Contact in Salesforce with that email address, we select the default Salesforce record (Contact or Lead) based on the "Linking People to Salesforce" selection the team admin has selected under Salesforce Connector Settings.
3. There are two options to access the Edit Log To window:
- Click the Edit button on the far right of the grey bar.
- Select the Log To button on the bottom toolbar.
4. The Log To pop-up window will populate any Salesforce matches tied to the record. The records will be divided between the following options:
- Name: Shows any Lead or Contact records tied to the email address.
- Related To: Shows any related Account or Opportunity records tied to the email address.
5. Click the X on the right side of a dropdown to remove the current record. Removing the record allows you to search for any Salesforce record to link to. Search and use the dropdown to find the record you're looking for.
6. Select the record you want.
7. Click Confirm. SalesLoft will remember the record(s) and use them as the defaults for future messages to this Person (unless they are edited again).
8. Send the email.
The nature of CRM Record Selection requires additional usage of Salesforce API calls. The following is a summary of this additional usage:
|When a user enters a specific email address into a compose window in Gmail for the first time||
1 API call is used to find the matching Lead/Contact
|When a user opens the Log To Alternative Record pop-up window||
If the default record is a Lead
If the default record is a Contact
|When a user searches for a Person in the pop-up window||
1 API call is used to search for matching Leads/Contacts
|When a user selects a Contact from their Person search results||
2 API calls are used to find related Accounts & Opportunities
|When a user searches for a related record (Account, Opportunity, Custom Object)||
1 API call is used to find matching records
After an email is sent from SalesLoft or sent from Gmail or Outlook using the Loft It button, the log will appear under the activity history of the Lead or Contact and the Account.
Email logs will be recorded with the subject line "Email: (Subject line of the email)."
When you enter the activity details, you will find the body of your email message in the Comments. Other activity-related data will be filled out according to your Activity Field Mapping Settings.
Calls that are logged from the Dialer will appear under the activity history of the Lead or Contact and the Account.
Call logs will be recorded with the subject line "Call: (Call Disposition)|(Call Sentiment)."
When you enter the activity details, you will find any notes that were logged from the call in the Comments. Other activity-related data will be filled out according to your Activity Field Mapping Settings.
Other steps are logged under the activity history along with your emails and calls any time an Other step is logged from a Cadence. Things to Note: Other steps that are Complete Only will not be logged.
Other steps will be logged as "Other: (Step Name)."
Any notes logged in the Other step log box will appear in the comments in the activity details.
SalesLoft allows you to log single notes on a Person or Account record. Any time a note is taken, it will be logged in Salesforce under the activity history on that Salesforce object.
Notes will be logged with the subject line "Note" and note details will appear in the Comments in the activity details.
Whenever you book a meeting from SalesLoft, whether you send a Person a meeting invite or they select a meeting time from a calendar link, the meeting will appear on the Person Profile page in SalesLoft. It will also log the task in Salesforce as a closed activity task.
Things to Note: If a meeting is rescheduled or canceled, SalesLoft will not reflect the changes. Once an event has been created, SalesLoft does not track or maintain any further updates on the event.
Processed Conversation Intelligence web-based meeting recordings will log as tasks in Salesforce. The tasks will log to Leads and Contacts if the record is linked between SalesLoft and Salesforce.
Things to Note: Calls made through the SalesLoft Dialer that are recorded within Conversation Intelligence will log to Salesforce as a Call.
If there are multiple people on the invitees list, the completed task will log to all the people who are on the invitees list of the calendar invite, as long as the invitee exists in Salesforce already.
To ensure Conversation Intelligence web-based meeting recordings push to Salesforce as intended, there are six fields that a team admin must map in your Activity Field Configuration. These fields include:
- Meeting Date
- Meeting Name
- Meeting Assigned To
- Meeting Duration
- Meeting Start Time
- Meeting Recording URL
Admins can use the Meeting Recording URL as a unique identifier when pulling reports-related CI activity data.
Conversation Intelligence recordings will log to Salesforce under the subject line Recording: (Name of the Recording). The comments section will include a list of the invitees as well as the meeting recording URL.