SalesLoft’s meetings allow you to utilize your calendar within your engagement platform. Whether you send meeting links via an email or book a meeting on demand, you have the control to send calendar invites to the SalesLoft People you need to connect with.
In this article, you will learn about meeting booking processes, including:
Book Meetings on Demand allows you to schedule a meeting in seconds from the Person Profile page. This way you get to follow a scheduling process as simple as using a calendar app, with the added bonus of keeping track of all meetings in SalesLoft.
Things to Note: A user who is assigned to the meeting will be shown as Organizer on the calendar invite, even if the event was scheduled by another team member.
To book a meeting on demand, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Profile page of the Person you want to send the meeting invite to.
3. The Book a Meeting module will appear. Inside the module, follow these steps listed in Book a Meeting Module
4. After the invite is sent, the Person will see the meeting on their calendar. An email will be sent to the Person informing them about the meeting invite.
The Book a Meeting Module
You will set your meeting details and send the invite from the Book a Meeting module.
Things to Note: You can select an alternative Salesforce record to log to when booking a meeting on demand. To learn more, check out our CRM Record Selection article.
To book a meeting from the module, follow these steps:
1. Select a different meeting type in order to populate meeting details automatically. You can choose from one of the following:
- Standard Meeting Types
- Round Robin Meeting Types: Once the Round Robin meeting type is selected, the Meeting Owner will be defined automatically based on the Round Robin queue.
- Things to Note: To ensure fair distribution, the user who scheduled the meeting will not be able to manually update the Meeting Owner.
2. Use the Select a Calendar feature to assign the meeting to anyone on your team who has their calendar set up in SalesLoft.
3. In the Attendees section, you will see the name of the Person. Add any additional guests to invite them to the meeting by email.
4. Once a required time slot is selected and all meeting details are filled in, click the Book Meeting button. The invite will be sent to the prospect.
Apart from setting up and sending invites, you may be wondering how meetings actually get booked.
When a Person receives a meeting link, they will click the link to book time on your calendar. Let’s walk through the steps a recipient will take to book a meeting:
1. When a Person clicks a meeting link, they'll be taken to a calendar view.
2. The Person will select a date for the meeting. Available dates will be in black with blue dots below the date that represents the number of meeting slots that are available. Unavailable dates will be greyed out.
3. After they choose a date, any available time slots will appear to the right of the calendar. Select a time slot.
4. Click Next.
5. The Person will enter their contact information. The contact information will appear in SalesLoft when the meeting is confirmed. The following fields are required: Name, Email, and Account.
- Things to Note: When a person not in SalesLoft books a meeting through the meetings calendar, a new SalesLoft Person will be created. SalesLoft will use the Person's email address to verify whether they are a Person in SalesLoft.
6. Click Confirm. If they need to make any changes, click Change Meeting Date.
7. A confirmation message will appear. The Person will also receive an email confirming the meeting.
8. The meeting will appear on the Person Profile page in SalesLoft. It will also log the task in Salesforce as a closed activity task or an event (depending on your team's Salesforce Activity Logging Settings). For more information on the Profile page view, check out the Person Profile Page article.
- Things to Note: If a meeting is rescheduled or canceled, SalesLoft will not reflect the changes. Once an event has been created, SalesLoft does not track or maintain any further updates on the event.