Hopefully, your email communication does not stop after sending an email. With that in mind, you must be able to reply to the people you talk to day in and day out.
SalesLoft allows you to reply to an email from the source that is best for you. If you primarily have your email open at all times, reply from your email server. Or if you spend your day completing tasks in SalesLoft, answer emails from the SalesLoft platform.
What's even better is, no matter which method you use to send a reply, the functionality works the same. You will respond to an email and keep that conversation moving forward.
In this article, you will learn about how to reply to emails using SalesLoft, including:
When a prospect responds to your email, reply from within SalesLoft, then return to your workflow.
Replies will take place from the individual email view. This view shows the threaded content from previous emails.
Things to Note: The email recipient must be a Person in SalesLoft in order to use reply in-app. If they are not, create the Person in SalesLoft and then reply.
To reply to the email, follow these steps:
- Go to the individual email thread. You can access the thread from one of these methods:
- Click one of the following icons in the upper right corner of the email:
- Reply: Replies to the individual Person.
- Reply All: Includes any CC or BCC'd individuals when you reply.
- The email compose window will appear in the bottom right corner. Compose your email.
- Click Send.
Reply and Create a Person
If the person you would like to respond to does not exist as a Person in SalesLoft, you will need to create the Person before sending the email.
Why? SalesLoft is built to send emails and associate the email activity to a Person record in SalesLoft.
When you send emails from SalesLoft, the need to create People before replying should not happen often. However, let's say you send an email to a prospect that is forwarded to someone else in their organization. If that other individual answers the email, you will need to create them before responding.
Things to Note: In order to create a Person when replying, the Create a Person Record in SalesLoft permission must be enabled. If you don't have the ability to create a Person before you reply in-app, reach out to your team admin about editing your permission set.
To create a Person and reply to an email, follow these steps:
- From the email message, click Reply or Reply All.
- A Create Person to Reply to Email module will appear. Fill out the Person details.
- Click Create Person and Reply.