Whether you are signing in for the first time as a new SalesLoft user or starting your day of reaching out to customers, you must be signed in to take any action with the SalesLoft platform.
Logging into the platform also creates a layer of security for your data and the data of your customers. Sometimes that security may keep you from signing in (if you forgot your password).
We want to be sure you can sign in to SalesLoft easily so you can get moving with your day.
In this article, you will learn about signing in to SalesLoft, including:
- Sign In Options
- How to Sign In - Email Address and Password
- Change Your Password
- Failed Sign In Attempts
Sign In Options
SalesLoft offers the following sign in options to access the platform:
How to Sign In - Email Address and Password
When you are first invited to join a SalesLoft team, the email address your team admin sends your SalesLoft invite to is the same email address you will use as your sign in credential. After you initiate that invite, you will choose a password.
Once the email and password have been set, you will use those credentials to sign in to the SalesLoft platform.
Things to Note:
- If your email address is associated with a team with SSO, you will be signed in to the SalesLoft platform.
To sign in to SalesLoft using your email address and password, follow these steps:
- Go to app.salesloft.com. If you aren't already signed in, you will go to the sign in page.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- The Password field will appear. Enter your password in the text box.
- After clicking Next, the email address will not be editable. If you need to change the email address, click the Back button.
- Click Sign in.
If you've forgotten your password, you can easily change it by going to salesloft.com, then clicking on the Forgot Password? link. Enter your SalesLoft email address and select Reset. You will receive an email with a password reset. Open the email and follow the prompts to complete your password reset.
Things to Note:
- If you select the password reset, but do not see the email in your inbox, refresh your inbox after 5 minutes and check your spam folder.
- The password reset link expires after 6 hours.
To change your password from inside SalesLoft, follow the instructions below:
- Click on your name in the top right corner and select Settings.
- On the Profile Settings page, click the Update Your Account Info button.
- Enter your current password followed by the new password you'd like, and then re-enter your new password for confirmation and click Update My Info.
To be sure that your account is secure, SalesLoft will lock your account after multiple failed sign in attempts. A notification will pop up to let you know you have entered an invalid email or password after each failed attempt. After your FIFTH failed attempt, you will be notified that your account has been locked for security purposes.
When your account is locked you have two options:
- Unlock your account via the security email you will receive. For more information, follow the steps below.
- Wait 30 minutes. The lock on your account will be lifted after a 30-minute time frame and you may attempt to sign in again.
Once an account is locked, you will receive an email with a link to unlock the account. Click the Unlock my account link in the email.
You will be directed to the sign in page. At the top of the page, you will see a notification that your account has been unlocked. You may now attempt to sign in again.
If the password you enter fails, select Forgot Password? to reset it before attempting to sign in.