The Pipeline View is your quick glance at the state of your pipeline. This view is the easiest way to identify problematic Opportunities and/or spot if something may be missing using Deal Gaps.
The Deals shown in the Pipeline View are determined by the Pipeline Dashboard that is selected and the filters that are put in place.
Each column of the Pipeline View represents the different Opportunity field data brought in from Salesforce.
You will access the Pipeline View by default when you go to the Pipeline tab within the Deals Product tab. You can select between the Pipeline view and the Deal view in the upper left corner of the Opportunities tab.
In this article, we will walk through the different components of the Pipeline View, including:
- Edit Pipeline Columns
- Sort by Pipeline Columns
- Column Field Edits
- Stage Column
- Deal Gaps Column
- To-Dos Column
Edit Pipeline Columns
The Pipeline View is divided into columns based off Opportunity fields.
You can select which fields are visible as columns using the Manage Columns option next to the filters.
Once a column is in the table, you may order the columns any way you like – whether that's alphabetically, items that require action, or by order of importance.
To arrange the order of your Pipeline View columns, follow these steps:
- From the Pipeline Dashboard, go to the Pipeline tab.
- In the Pipeline View, hover over the column header. The opposite facing arrows will appear in the upper left corner of the column header cell.
- Click the arrows.
- Drag the column to where you would like to place it.
- Release the column.
You can adjust the size of the columns by selecting the dividing lines between the columns and dragging them to the width you would like the column to be.
Sort by Pipeline Columns
Each column header can be used to sort the list. To sort the Pipeline View to fit your preference, follow these steps:
- Select the appropriate column header. The header name will turn blue.
- Use the arrow to the right of the header name to set the sorting direction. The arrow will point up or down (ascending or descending order) to reflect the order of the list.
Column Field Edits
Each field in the Pipeline View allows for in-line editing.
Any changes to the data in the fields will immediately update in Salesforce.
Things to Note:
- Opportunity Management checks Salesforce for new data every 5 minutes. So, if a field is updated in Salesforce, it will take 5 minutes for that update to show.
- If a field type is added, removed, or edited, those changes will reflect in Opportunity Management after a 24-hour period.
To make changes within your Pipeline View, follow these general steps (we will go into details about certain field types below):
- In the Pipeline View, find the cell that needs to be updated. Click in the cell.
- The cell will switch to edit mode. Make your edits. Depending on the field type, you may edit anything you can edit in Salesforce including picklists, reference fields, short text, long text, etc.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard. The edits will save and push to Salesforce.
Things to Note:
- If the edits can't be pushed to Salesforce, an error message will pop up explaining why the data can't push. Learn more about error messages in our Opportunity Management Troubleshooting Guide.
- Opportunity Management follows Salesforce validation rules. If a validation rule is not met, the field edit will result in an error.
The Stage column keeps track of the Opportunity Stage, aka how the Deal is progressing along.
The Stage column contains the following:
- Stage Name
- Number of Days in Stage
- Deal Gap (if applicable)
- Progress Bar
To edit the Stage column, follow these steps:
- From the Pipeline View, click in the Stage field. The Name of the stage will change to a dropdown menu.
- Click the dropdown. The menu will open.
- Select the stage option from the menu. That menu option will become the new Stage Name. Depending on the stage you select, the progress bar will increase or decrease.
Deal Gaps Column
The Deal Gaps column displays the number of Deal Gaps currently associated with that Deal. The number of gaps will appear in different colors based on your Deal Gap Settings.
Things to Note:
- Only a team admin can adjust the Deal Gap Settings.
- If a "-" appears rather than a number, a team admin has selected the "Hide gap count for healthy deals" option in the Gap Settings. You're good to go!
Learn more about Deal Gaps in the Pipeline Health and Deal Gaps article.
If To-Dos have not been created, the cell will say No open To-Dos.
When there are To-Dos listed, the column includes:
- Editable check box
- Name of the To-Do
- Due date: Past due dates will be listed in red.