The Cadence Activity dashboard shows emails sent, calls logged, open rate, click rate, and reply rate trends for the selected Cadence. This dashboard can help to answer some important questions regarding your Cadence activities like, "What are our email and call activity totals for selected date range?" and "What is this Cadence's open, click, and reply rate for the selected period?"
The dashboard supports both Team and Personal Cadences. To access the Cadence Activity dashboard, follow these steps:
- Select the Cadence icon in the side nav.
- Find and select a Cadence from the list view.
- Once you are in the Cadence, click the Activity icon to see the Cadence Activity dashboard.
In this article, you will learn about the different components of the Cadence Activity dashboard, including
- Activity Report Empty State
- Cadence Activity Dashboard Date Filter
- Email Activity Chart
- Email Engagement Chart
- Call Activity Chart
Activity Report Empty State
If you are just starting out with a Cadence, and there is no data to be found, SalesLoft will show "empty state" messages in lieu of a blank chart.
The empty state message will prompt you to adjust your Time Range filter to bring in more results. Clicking the Learn More button will bring you to the Knowledge Base article that fits that chart, for example - this article (if you clicked that already, welcome!).
Things to Note: There is a difference between an empty state, null data, and zero results:
- Empty State: Means that steps have not been completed with this Cadence. You will typically see this for a new Cadence.
- Null Data: Specific to the Email Engagement chart, if no emails were sent for the selected date period, there is no data and the metric will display as N/A.
- Zero Results: Emails were sent but no opens, clicks, or replies occurred from those sends. The results will display zeros.
Cadence Activity Dashboard Date Filter
The Date filter lets you decide the time range of the Cadence charts. By default, your Cadence Activity dashboard shows data for the previous seven days.
The Date filter's selections include the following options:
- 7 days
- Week to Date
- Month to Date
- 30 days
- 90 days
- Custom date range: Select the Start Date and End Date to choose the date range.
Things to Note:
- The Start Date and End Date will adjust to the date option you select.
- Cadence activity does not run on weekends, so weekends are not included in the Cadence Activity charts.
While most filters break down to show the number of emails or calls made on a given day, the individual day filters (Today and Yesterday) break down activity by the hour.
Things to Note: The hours correlate directly to the time zone set on your computer.
Email Activity Chart
The Email Activity chart on the upper left shows trends for emails sent and the bounces during the selected period.
The metrics at the top of the panel are emails sent and the bounce rate. Hovering over the chart shows the emails sent and total bounces for a specific day. Clicking on either item in the legend will hide the selected metric in the chart.
Email Engagement Chart
The Email Engagement chart on the upper right shows trends for opens, clicks, and replies. The metrics at the top of the panel are open rate, click rate, and reply rate for the selected date period. Hovering over the chart shows the opens, clicks, and replies for a specific day. Clicking on either item in the legend will hide the selected metric in the chart.
In the Email Engagement chart there is a distinction between how zero opens, clicks, and replies are displayed vs. how nulls (blanks) are displayed. You can read further about those differences here.
Call Activity Chart
The Call Activity chart on the bottom of the page shows logged calls' trends. The calls logged metric at the top of the panel reflects the total calls logged for the selected date period. Hovering over the chart shows the calls logged for the specific day.