Deal View gives reps, managers, and leaders across the company a simple, streamlined view of everything that matters when managing a deal.
The best part? Deal View is available right inside your Pipeline, so you don’t have to navigate to an entirely different app, screen, or tab.
To access the Deal View, select between the Pipeline view and the Deal view in the upper left corner of the Opportunities tab. You can also select an individual Deal from the Pipeline view.
Things to Note: Click the X in the upper right corner of the Deal View to return to the Pipeline View.
In this article, we will walk through the Deal View, including:
Deal Information Panel
The Deal Information panel is anchored in the center of your Deal View, allowing you to have an immediate look into how an individual Deal is progressing. See your “quick hits” quickly with both standard info and other custom fields of your choosing. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll find in this panel:
- Deal Name and Deal Links: Includes Salesforce record, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Deal Owner: Who in SalesLoft is working this Deal.
- Deal Stage: With the number of days in stage, and an icon showing any potential Deal Gap.
- Days Active: How long since the Deal was created.
- Deal Amount: With the ability to edit inline as the Deal progresses.
- Expected Close Date: With the ability to edit inline as the Deal progresses.
- Custom Fields: SalesLoft Admins can add custom fields to this panel. Go to the Deal Status section of your Screen Settings in the Admin tab, then add fields under Deal Status Fields.
Deal View gives your team an easier, more intuitive way to manage Stakeholders with the Stakeholders panel, so you can quickly figure out who matters most, what they care about, and what their blockers are.
To create a new Stakeholder, click the plus sign in the top right corner of the panel. There you can pull from Contact records in Salesforce, or create a new Stakeholder. (Deals will create a Contact in Salesforce when you create a new Stakeholder.) Each Stakeholder record will have:
- Stakeholder Name
- Job Title
- Associated Account: With the ability to search through Salesforce.
- Custom Fields: SalesLoft Admins can add custom fields to this panel. Go to the Stakeholders section of your Screen Settings in the Admin tab, then add additional fields. Click the Required checkbox if you’d like to make these fields mandatory.
Once you have a Stakeholder saved in the panel, you can edit their fields inline by clicking their name again.
Deal Overview Tab
Quickly find the most important Deal details like key buying criteria, key challenges, and desired outcomes.
The Deal Overview tab shows the following:
- To-Dos for this Deal
- Your Deal Summary which has an “Overview” category and Next Step and Description fields that come standard.
SalesLoft admins can add much more to this tab:
- Go to the Deal Status section of your Screen Settings in the Admin tab.
- Go to Deal Summary Fields.
- Click Add New Category.
- Add a Category Title and select from a list of available fields.
- Click the Required checkbox if you’d like to make these fields mandatory.
Things to Note: You can also add fields to the current Overview category and rename the category entirely.
Deal Notes Tab
Quickly access a list of past and upcoming calls and their associated Call Notes in the Notes tab, so you can quickly prep for the next call with the right context. You can view (and edit, if needed) each Call Note for the Deal by clicking Go to Summary. To create a new Call Note, click New Note at the top right of the tab. Learn more about making Call Notes in Deals.
Things to Note: If you made a Call Note but haven’t gone through the Wrap Up process, the Go to Summary button will be replaced with a Go to Note button.
Deal Timeline Tab
See all of your key activity on the Deal in the Timeline tab. The tab shows the date the Deal opened, status change milestones, and each time you’ve made a Call Note during the process. To see each full note to gain further context, click View Call Notes.