Deal To-Dos act as your personal task reminder for your Deals. Items added as a To-Do can be checked off once the action is complete helping you keep track of accomplishments.
In this article, you will learn how to manage To-Dos in Deals, including:
View Your To-Dos
You can view your To-Dos from the following locations:
- The Pipeline View: The To-Do column will show To-Dos created for each Deal.
- Things to Note: This column may be hidden.
- The Deal View: The Overview tab contains the To-Dos and your Summary of the Deal.
Add a To-Do from the Pipeline View
To add a To-Do from the Pipeline View, follow these steps:
- Go to the To-Do column of the Pipeline View.
- Hover over the cell where you want to add the To-Do. Click the blue plus sign in the bottom right corner of the cell. The To-Do panel will appear out of the right side of the screen.
- In the To-Do panel, add the following:
- Name the To-Do item, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select No Due Date to add a due date. A calendar dropdown will appear where you can select a date.
- Opportunity (optional): The To-Do will link to the Deal you selected in the Pipeline View by default. If you would like to select a different Opportunity or Account for the To-Do, type it in the Opportunity field.
- Owner: Sets it to a SalesLoft user. You can select the Owner to assign the To-Do to a different user.
- Person: Assigns the To-Do to a Lead or Contact.
- Additional Details: Any notes or reminders you want to have on the To-Do.
- Delete: Change your mind? You can delete the To-Do from the list.
- Things to Note: If you add a To-Do, you must delete it to remove the To-Do, otherwise you will have an unnamed To-Do attached to the Deal.
- Once the To-Do is complete, click outside the edit area within the To-Do side panel.
- Click the arrow in the upper left corner of the To-Do side panel to close the panel and return to the Pipeline View.
You can also click the + icon in the upper right corner of the To-Do side panel to add a To-Do.
Complete a To-Do
To complete a To-Do, all you need to do is check the box and enjoy the satisfaction of removing an item from your list.
Completed To-Dos will still appear in the To-Do side panel, under the Closed section.
Things to Note: You can still edit the To-Do or uncheck it from the Closed list.
Edit a To-Do
To edit a To-Do, follow these steps:
- Click in the To-Do cell to open the To-Do side panel.
- Select the To-Do you wish to edit.
- Make your changes. Click outside of the edit area to save the updates.
- Close the side panel by clicking the arrow in the upper left corner of the To-Do side panel.