The Email Results: Cadence and One-Off panel provides a quick insight into email activity based on your designated filters.
The panel looks at the the total emails sent, opened, clicked, and replied.
Taking these details into consideration, the panel aims to answer the following questions:
- How many emails are we sending?
- Have we increased the number of emails being sent?
- Is our email performance and quality improving?
In this article, you will learn about the Email Results panel, including:
The Email Results Panel
The Email Results panel contains the following details from the top of the panel working our way down:
- Email Results: Cadence and One-Off: (Panel Name)
- View Report: (Drill down to more details) Takes you to the Team Emails Report.
- Total Emails Sent: (Primary Metric)
- Primary Metric Chart: Below the Total Emails Sent, the chart shows the visual representation of the primary metric.
- Average Email Results Per Day: (Secondary Metric)
- Period Comparison based on date selection: To the right of the metrics, you will see a small percentage in either green or red. This will show how your numbers have increased or decreased over time.
Email Results Metrics and Calculations
Each panel contains primary and secondary metrics. These metrics are calculated in different ways.
The Email Results panel includes the following metrics based on the associated calculations.
|Emails Sent||Sum (emails sent)|
|Emails Opened||Sum (emails opened)|
|Emails Clicked||Sum (emails clicked)|
|Emails Replied||Sum (emails replied)|
Panel Drill Down: Team Emails Report
This panel drills down into the Team Email report, where you can see email activity for each rep on your team.
Learn more in the Team Email Report Knowledge Base article.